North Carolina-Outer Banks

Ceremony at First Colony Inn

Hi OBX brides
anyone here having their ceremony or have had their ceremony at the First Colony Inn? We are having ours there in April and are trying to figure out how to set up the ceremony. Any ideas would be of help! Thanks!
Mrs. Lauren Barry

Re: Ceremony at First Colony Inn

• edited December 2011
    My brother got married at First Colony Inn, but they got married on the beach and had the reception on the Inn's grounds.

I was hoping I could be more helpful on your post, but I can probably answer some other questions if you have them. My brother and his wife weren't quite as "into" wedding planning as I am :) ...sooo.... I helped a lot, along with my mom. Obviously I don't have first-hand experience getting married there, but I did go to a pretty super cool wedding there!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there in September.  We had a great wedding, but not the best experience with First Colony as far as communication goes.
    Make sure you're ready to cover any rooms not rented for 2 days. They allowed people to rent for just 1 night, so we had to pay for Friday night for some of the rooms. You get the beer and wine from them and the prices were very reasonable ($30/case Bud Light, $49/case of Fat Tire).  The inn is gorgeous and a great backdrop for pictures.
    That being said, we had planned to get married on the beach but with all the rain, we ended up getting married on the 2nd floor balcony (It rained so hard the lawn was too wet to walk down the "aisle" to the tent).  We set up the guest book table and gift area in the breakfast room. We had a tented reception and used lighted paper lanterns and white Christmas lights under the tent.
  • ftdr2bftdr2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all the feed back.  We are just having our ceremony at the First Colony Inn on the grounds in the back of the Inn.  Any ideas as far as how to set up chairs? We were going to use their deck as a make shift "alter/stage" so people can see us.  ANy suggestions? Again, thank you for all the feed back!
    Mrs. Lauren Barry
  • edited December 2011
    I would find htem on facebook. they have some pictures posted of weddings there. You can also look up pictures on theknot from NC weddings. That's actually how I found First Colony Inn- stalking other people's wedding pictures!
  • Their pictures are wonderful but I've requested information three times and have yet to hear anything from them!  I think that says a lot about their "communication" for the wedding itself! :-/ so sad too because it looks like a great location, wonderful photos. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards