Christian Weddings

Wedding Beauty Poll

Here is an article I saw today that prompted me to wonder a few things.  

Questions:
1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding?
2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair?
3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality?
4.  Did you/will you wear a veil?
5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up?

For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions??

Re: Wedding Beauty Poll

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  I did not whiten my teeth.  I don't feel that it really would have made a difference with my pics.

2.  I regularly highlight my hair so I did do that 1 week before the wedding.

3.  I didn't really do anything non-traditional but then again, I am pretty traditional.

4. I wore a veil but it fell off before the reception.

5.  I had my hair done by a hair stylist but did my own make-up.

My only regret was that I wore a pretty full slip so my dress is more full than I would like.
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? Considering it.. my teeth are fairly white but I wouldn't mind them being even whiter. Like you said IDK if it'll really make that much of a difference or not.
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I've actually never highlighted or colored my hair so no.
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? Not really... I just want to look like a more glammed up version of myself. My goal is fresh and natural looking.
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? I am... it's a cathedral mantilla lace veil. Really excited about it!
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? I'm using a hair stylist and makeup artist. I just want to get pampered and relax that day.
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Questions:
    1. Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? yup
    2. Did you/will you highlight your hair? nope
    3. Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? beauty-wise? no
    4. Did you/will you wear a veil? yes!
    5. Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? no, but I did my own nails

For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions?? nope!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? Nope.
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? No, but I did have clip-on extensions to make it fuller.
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? I didn't really do anything all that different than usual style-wise.
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? No veil - I don't like things on my head, and I didn't like the way any veils looked on me.
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? I had both done by professionals.

For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions?? I wish my hair had been slightly different. My wedding day hair was actually quite different from my trial, and I wish it had come out somewhere in between the two - the bangs not quite so poofy, maybe. But I LOVED my makeup!
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? Not sure on this one, considering it but very well may not
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I regularily dye my hair (if you look at my picture.... I'm naturally blonde lol) so definitely lol
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? I am thinking of doing some fun manicure that goes with my wedding colours, like red with black french tips or something like that
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yes, a friend/mentor of mine has offered hers for me to borrow. Its a shoulder length 2 tiered
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? A friend of mine is a hairstylist and has already agreed to do my hair. I am still deciding on whether I'll do my own makeup or get it done
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to, but whitening at the dentist was too expensive and I don't like the at-home systems.  I did/do use whitening toothpaste, though.

No

Not really.  My hair was half-up/half-down which is what I usually do, but nothing really beyond that.

Yes.  With the blusher.

No.

For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions?
    I wish I had done my own make-up.  The girl at the salon didn't use any blush, which I didn't notice until we got the pics back, and it just looks weird.  The makeup wasn't "me."  
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? I haven't decided yet if I will purchase one of those groupons that seem to come out weekly for a cheap whitening service. I am going to start using whitestrips in the next week though.

2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair?: No I haven't highlighted/dyed my hair in 3 years so I don't plan on starting it up right before the wedding.

3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality?: Well, I have a really pretty hairclip that I am excited to wear, but other than that, no.

4.  Did you/will you wear a veil?: No, I don't like veils.

5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up?: I am having a professional do both. I don't trust myself, haha. Especially not with my hair.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? I did not, but I did cut back on coffee and use whitening toothpaste.2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I didn't, I had long dark brown hair, which is kind of my thing.3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? My hair was half-up/half down and curled. I wanted to make my hair a focal point of my "look."4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? I wore a veil for the ceremony, photos and first part of the reception. After that, the sucker came off, I was getting annoyed.5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? I had someone do it for me. Look SOOO much better that way.
    For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions?? I would have worn flats...my husband and I are the same height so while I only wore 2-inch heels, there are some photos where I feel like an Amazon woman. 
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Questions: 1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? ---no 2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? ---I did, but I've been highlighting since 8th grade, so it was normal for me. 3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? ---beauty wise? Um, I guess my jewelry and all the rhinestones in my hair. 4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? ---I did. I was adamantly opposed At first but hanged my mind 5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? ---heck no! I'm awful with that stuff!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? No
    2. Did you/will you highlight your hair? No
    3. Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? I don't think I did anything to reflect my personality but I did look different than I usually look on a daily basis (makeup, false lashes, hair extensions)
    4. Did you/will you wear a veil? Yes I wore a veil
    5. Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? No, I had a MUA
    For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions?? I do not have any regrets! My makeup artist and hairdresser did a great job!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? No2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I have always highlighted my hair. I plan on getting it re-highlighted a couple weeks before the wedding3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? Not as of now. 4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yes. I have always envisioned me wearing a veil and my dad lifting the blusher when he gives me away.5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? I am having my hair stylist come to the hotel where we are getting ready to do my hair and the BM's hair. I am doing my own makeup

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    Questions:
    I planned on it, but I never got around to it.

I got my hair completely done a week before the wedding, because the last time I got it colored was in May haha. So it needed it. I got a color and highlights.

Uhm, my hair and jewelry were both really "me". My nails were classic me too. Nothing too spectacular like a meat suit or a bird cage or something though.

Yes, I did.

I did not do my own hair, because I'm just too lazy. Plus, I don't have the patience for it, because my hair is tough to fix. I did do my own makeup though.

Regrets:
    I wish I maybe would have tanned or used tanning lotions before. Something. Because looking at the very few pictures I've seen so far (only got married 2 days ago! lol), I look PALE. It may have been the lighting, but I don't know.
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? I whiten my teeth on a regular basis but I will definitely step it up for the wedding!
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I highlight my hair regularly as well.
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? My hair, makeup, and nails will be very "me" but that's about it!
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Nope.
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? I'm doing my own makeup but I'm getting my hair done professionally!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? Probably not. I'm using the Rembrant whitening toothpaste and that seems to be working well! I may do the 7 day whitening strips if I need a last minute boost. 

2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I don't color my hair, so this probably isn't the best time to start :)

3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? Not beauty wise. 

4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yep! Still deciding what type, but I for sure want a veil. 

5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? One of my bridesmaids is a cosmotologist so I lucked out! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Questions:
    I thought about it, but never really got around to it.
    No, I stopped dying my hair a little while back so it could go back to its natural color.
    I think a lot of little things reflect my personality, like my shoes are Toms.
    No. I'm wearing a jeweled ribbon headband.
    My hair dresser is doing my hair and one of my bridesmaids who loves to do makeup is going to do that for me.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Questions:
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? I'm using a whitening toothpaste--not sure I want to use anything stronger than that.
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I really hate my natural hair colour (light brown), so I think I will likely dye it redder, something like a dark copper blonde. I've been dying my hair for years and I really like that hue.
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? Can't think of anything, really.
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yes, I was debating between a cage veil and a more traditional one because the back of my dress is really cool and I want to show it off. I think I will go with a super sheer, single-tier finger-tip length veil.
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? I think my sister will help me with my hair, and I may do my own make-up. It's just not something that I've ever liked spending much money on...
  • CheetaNita05CheetaNita05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? I just use whitening toothpaste and gurgle peroxide this is much cheaper and works great if you do it reagularly
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? - no my Fiance likes my hair with out
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? - not really beauty wise
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? - no, just a headband
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? no, I have a hairstylest and a makeup artist,
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Questions:
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? I whiten every couple years using Crest White Strips, so I will probably do it a month or so before the wedding
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? Nope, never have, so I won't start before the wedding
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? Not sure yet
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yes
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? No

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I didn't.  I didn't think it would affect my pictures, and my mouth is shaped in such a way that my teeth don't show a whole lot when I smile anyways.

No, I left my hair its natural colour - I figured that was the best way to make sure I didn't regret my hairstyle/colour choice in several years when I look back at my pictures.

Not really... it was pretty low because I'm not into high updos.  I had a flower/fascinator thing with feathers that was really cool but not "me" at all since I'm not a very frilly person.

No, I wore a feather/flower fascinator clip instead.

I had both professionally done - went to the salon to do my hair and hired some esthetics students to do our makeup at the house.

For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions??
    No regrets.  I'm happy I bought a whackload of strapless tops to wear all summer whenever I was outside so I didn't have tan lines - in some other peoples' pictures they're really obvious and not my favourite.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Questions:

1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? No
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? No, but I had it colored the day of my bridal shower so it was still fresh for the wedding
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? No
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yes, for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and into the 1st dance
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? No, I had it professionally done. The hair and makeup artists came to the bridal suite and did our hair and airbrush makeup onsite. DEFINITELY worth every penny!

For those of you who are married, do you have any regrets about any of your style decisions?? I sometimes wish I wore my hair half up/down, but I did love my updo. I also kind of wish I went for more of a "wow factor" dress, but then sometimes I'm glad I stuck with a classic look that won't look outdated in pictures down the road.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding? Nope
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? Nope
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality? Not sure what this means...but I wore my glasses rather than trying to get contacts before the wedding. Erik said he was glad that I wore my glasses because I looked more like me.
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? Yep. But not in front of my face.
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up? Nope. I didn't wear any make up (and I'm happy with that choice) but I did get my hair done.

No regrets. I looked like me. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Bett2012Bett2012 member
    edited December 2011
    Questions:
    likely. I did it last winter to try the "at home" 2- week strips, and they worked really well - i still have 7 left. I'll probably use them for the wedding.

nope. i've never coloured or highlighted my hair in any way, so i definitely won't for the wedding.

not sure what this means... but yes? my personality is all over my dress, hair and makeup.

yes, but no blusher. I didn't like how it covered the back of my dress when it flipped to the back and made a double layer.. it was a hard choice.

nope. my hair cutter is doing both. i would never trust myself the day of... i would be so stressed out! she's been cutting my hair for at least 7 years though, and she listens well and already said that she isn't going to overdo it though :) very natural makeup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Did you/will you whiten your teeth for your wedding?I am planning on whitening my teeth.
    2.  Did you/will you highlight your hair? I always dye my hair, so yes
    3.  Did you/will you have personal touches that reflect your personality?my nails will have rhinestones on the tips
    4.  Did you/will you wear a veil? yep....bought it on etsy
    5.  Did you/will you do your own hair or make-up?I am getting my hair done by a friend and my make up is going to be airbrush
  • edited December 2011
    no, I used whitening toothpaste and that's it.
    no, I did have it colored though.
    my eye makeup was subtle yet made my eyes pop
    yes, I was originally against a veil, b/c I hate poof.  But I ended up getting a drop veil and my mil sewed tiny crystals all around the edge and I loved it!
    no, a friend did my make-up and I had my hair done.

I HATED my hair on my wedding day.  I had wanted it down, but the girl I went to seemed so confused by what I wanted even though I had pictures.  So we tried several different ways.  After the trial I didn't have the finances or the time to get anyone else to do it.  My hair was an  updo and pretty, but not what I reallly wanted for my wedding.  Hubby liked it b/c I always have my hair down and he said I looked like Audrey Hepburn with it up so that was nice.  But I felt that long and flowy was a better fit for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    RE: Personal touches, this is what the article said:

Wedding wish: "I should have stayed truer to my fun, bold everyday style." 

"Now that I look back on my wedding, I think I went way too traditional with my look. I have never been labeled 'traditional' when it came to my [personal style]. I wore my hair in a very traditional way, pulled back and curled under the veil. I love bold colors but don't think that showed with my look. I am a wedding photographer now and most of the brides I shoot know exactly what they want! They have these great headpieces, small funky veils, hot pink shoes-just fun! They show their personality much more than I did."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards