Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

QOTD- 4/8/11

With the birth of my best friends baby this am and the cutest baby bump photo posted, I was thinking...

"How many kids do you and your SO want? AND how long after you are married do you want to wait to start having children? If you already have children, how many years in between do you want before the next arrives? "

Re: QOTD- 4/8/11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For the people who will try for a boy or girl if the first two come out the same sex....at what number will you stop? My dad is one of 7- 6 boys 1 girl, my aunt is the baby. My one uncle had 3 boys before a girl, and my other uncle has 5 boys, never got their girl!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-4811?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:140869cf-f31b-41d5-9480-538cc7053538Post:7bf63579-f8e7-4fce-a0c4-0f5532d9b1b6">Re: QOTD- 4/8/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]2. Preferable one girl one boy - <strong>or after the article Jess posted on FB yesterday - 2 girls! </strong>We'll be waiting a while. I think 29 is a good age to TTC. So I guess that would make it about 2014. I'll also hopefully be a teacher by then with a much better salary.
    Posted by FutureMrsTCT[/QUOTE]

<high five! />

DH wants 2 and I want 3  (my mom wants us to have 3 also since my sister isnt having kids-- thanks a lot sis! ;)  but we'll see if I change my mind after popping out one haha  We aren't going to try for another 3 years probably. We're not ready mentally or financially for kids at this point.

I've surrounded myself with mostly dudes my whole life so I have a feeling I'll have all boys haha  But ideally I think I'd like 2 girls and 1 boy. I'm really close with my sister so I'd love 2 girls to have that same bond.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-4811?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:140869cf-f31b-41d5-9480-538cc7053538Post:19044010-fb87-400c-bcd5-b56040ef2fe9">Re: QOTD- 4/8/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the people who will try for a boy or girl if the first two come out the same sex....at what number will you stop? My dad is one of 7- 6 boys 1 girl, my aunt is the baby. My one uncle had 3 boys before a girl, and my other uncle has 5 boys, never got their girl!
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

We'll stop at three. I can't see having more than that. I think I'd like to have 2, ideally. But I'd go to three to give it one last shot for a girl, if we didn't have one.

PS - That's a lotta boys!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

To answer the at what number will you stop if you get boys and want a girl etc.
    Fi says I get what I get with 2, but itll be 3.

Twins also run in my family so I said if we get twins first we will have to have a third.

I dont want both  of my kids leaving me at the same time

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Want?  erh?

((confused puppy dog head tilt))

1-2 kids, no more.  DH is getting the fever now, but I'm not there at.all... especially applying for new jobs at the moment.  I think we'd like to buy a house within the next year, then I'll stop taking my BCP and I'm sure we'll be KU faster than you can blink.  I don't have a plan on how far apart (if we get to more than 1).
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just at some point want one of each, however I don't think we'll have more then 3 or 4. If we have all boys, or all girls, I'm not going to go over what I want just for the opposite sex. Ideally I'd like to have both, but it's not a deal breaker for me one way or the other.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-4811?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:140869cf-f31b-41d5-9480-538cc7053538Post:b01cf9a3-8cb2-495b-8937-00aea191ffde">Re: QOTD- 4/8/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want 3, FI wants 2.  I think we'll decide after 2 if we want a third. We probably won't TTC for a while, maybe 2 years or so. <strong> I am already 30, so I can't wait too long, but I don't want to rush. </strong> <strong>We want some time to enjoy just being married, and to be able to save some money beforehand.
    </strong>Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE]

Samesies -- I'm 29, and we always said we'd wait 5 years, so maybe 4 more years, maybe a little less if I'm worried about the ticking clock.

We're also thinking 2, hopefully around 2 years apart. Although with all of the people in my life who have kids under the age of one, I wonder how anyone in the world can go back to having a newborn!

Madam --- SQUEEEEEEEEEE
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH and I want two children, I would love for it to be one girl, one boy... he wants two boys, of course. We are planning to wait until Decemberish of 2012 before we TTC....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we want 2 or 3 depending on the sex of the first two (I want atleast 1 girl, he wants atleast 1 boy). we are planning on TTC Feb/March of 2012 :)

Edit: we want them pretty close together, 1 or 2 years
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We want 2 kids.
    However I always say if we have 2 boys I may want to try for that girl.

We are getting married in Nov 2012

We will probably wait about 2 years

My sister and I are 4 years apart and that worked out pretty well for us but FI and his sisters are like a yearish apart so we have different views on that

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "How many kids do you and your SO want? AND how long after you are married do you want to wait to start having children? If you already have children, how many years in between do you want before the next arrives? "

Haha, call me crazy, but I'd like 6. FI wants 2. We've come to a compromise that we'll have at least 3, possibly 4. Only because any more than that, and we'll need a minivan. Which will never happen. Ever.
    We're both hoping for a honeymoon baby. :)
    DD is 2 now, so no more that 4 years.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2. Preferable one girl one boy - or after the article Jess posted on FB yesterday - 2 girls!

We'll be waiting a while. I think 29 is a good age to TTC. So I guess that would make it about 2014. I'll also hopefully be a teacher by then with a much better salary.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-4811?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:140869cf-f31b-41d5-9480-538cc7053538Post:6336f9e5-9a48-4b37-b128-29721292e75f">Re: QOTD- 4/8/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rachel - Fi and I always talk about how we want to adopt internationally! Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I babysit for a family with three adopted girls 2 from China and 1 from Colombia. They actually just got back from a trip to China to show the 2 girls where they came from (the one from Colombia is severely mentally and physically disabled so she stayed home). From knowing them, I just think I would love to do the same. My only worry though is it is crazy expensive to adopt internationally!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm okay with 1or 2.  And we want to wait at least 2 years.  I need to be at a place where I don't need to have 2 jobs.  I can't have a baby and work 60 hours a week.  It just isn't feasible. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We would like to have 2-3... I agree w/ Cait about trying for a girl if we have 2 boys...

We will be TTC in the very near future as I am about to start my last pack of BC :)
    Sooo to answer your question.. about a year after we were married.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Two. Of course I would love a boy and a girl but as long as I pop out some healthy kids I will be happy.
    DH wants a crumbstatcher before he turns 30, which is next September. Not sure how well that's going to work but I am going to stop BC in December and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question!

We want 2-3, I definitely one at least one girl and FI wants at least one boy. We are going to wait probably about 4-5 years. I actually really love the idea of adopting (particularly internationally) and FI likes it too but he sees it more as an alternative if we couldn't conceive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got back and forth on if we want kids or not.  I mean I guess we do eventually, but not for at least another 3 years. 

If we have kids, I want more then one.  I came from a bigger family (1 of 4) and I love having siblings.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I want 3, FI wants 2.  I think we'll decide after 2 if we want a third.

We probably won't TTC for a while, maybe 2 years or so.  I am already 30, so I can't wait too long, but I don't want to rush.  We want some time to enjoy just being married, and to be able to save some money beforehand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want 3, but FI wants 2 (since he already has 2).  We compromised at 2 and a puppy. 

I'd like to TTC after FI gets his degree and a job using it.  But I think FI wants to start sooner.  The other morning he made the comment "our family will be growing fast after we get married"... uh what now?!  haha, I have a feeling we might try starting a year after we get married so 2013. 

I'd like them to be close in age. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we both want 2.  well probably start trying 2 years after were married
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want 2, FI initally wanted 4 or 5 (he 1 of 5) but now that we have a niece and nephew, he sees how much work and money kids are. Plus, there was NO WAY I was popping out 5 children. So we will probably have 1 or 2 and adopt 1.

Rachel - Fi and I always talk about how we want to adopt internationally! Laughing

Edit: We agreed we're not going to try for atleast 5 years. I'm only 24 and I'm just not ready. Not even close.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH thinks the world is overpopulated so he only wants 1 or 2 more kids (he has a son from a previous relationship who lives with us full time and I love him like he's my own).  Growing up I wanted 4 kids.  I at least want to be prego twice so we'll probably have 2 more.  I'm sure I'll convince him to have one more if they're both boys because I want a girl sooooo bad.  We got married 10 1/2 months ago and will probably start trying in the very near future.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We want 2. Whatever they are boys or girls, just 2. If we have twins that is it. We will probably start trying next summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will stop at 2.... DH believes if we have 2 boys I will want to try again and he knows if we have 2 girls he will want to try again.. BUT I ONLY WANT TWO kids!! Ha... Hopefully we follow his family's trend... His brother has 1 boy, 1 girl.. his sister has 1 boy and 1 girl... I would content.
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH wants 6.  I want at least 2.  Anything more than that is fine with me (age and $$$ considered, of course).  And I'm officially off the pill as of last Friday.  We're going to give it a month (or however long it takes to complete my first off the cycle pill) and then we'll be TTC.

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    yay, dibs that is super exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Exciting but CRAZY scary!  But glad to see Madam A and I are still in the same general time frame!

• Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Dibs!! Such an exciting time!!

Twins also run in my family. Ideally, I would have twins, one boy, one girl and then adopt.

Although the thought of two infants at once makes me feel anxious LOL.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, dibs! GL!

I'm really anxious to TTC, but my dress doesn't really accomodate a baby bump...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards