Second Weddings

boo hoo! i cant get married on the date that I INTENDED (1-1-11) so cool looking. RIGHT?

My Fiance' has to change his last name back to his real Original last name first and it may take up to 3months. His mom changed it when he was 13ryrs old now he's a man he wants his REAL DADS last name . Plus he was a Jr.

Re: boo hoo! i cant get married on the date that I INTENDED (1-1-11) so cool looking. RIGHT?

• kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about 11-11-11?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you get married 1/1/11 and change his name afterwards?
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If women can change her name after they get married, why can't he change his?  A name change later doesn't nullify the marriage.

Good luck
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also 9/10/11 - a friend of mine is getting married on that date!

As PPs said, does it really matter if you both change your names after the wedding date?  Should not be that big of a deal since a lot of couples hyphen both names, or the lady keeps her maiden name/last name after they get married. 
    Anniversary
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You might also be changing your last name after marriage so why not keep original date and then you both do the name change.
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Retread covered my angle on it.  Name changes don't take over a month, nor does his name at the time of the wedding really have to change anything.

If, for some unknown reason to us, he can't have it changed in time - just get married with the names you both have now and then go change them both at the same time.

I'm not around this board very often, as of late, so perhaps I missed your story - but isn't it a little late in the game to be changing things up this much for a wedding that should be a month from now?  Are there not deposits and plans intact that would be altered greatly by something just being discussed now?
    10-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards