Washington-Seattle
Options

In our e-pic session I wish we....

since it's fresh in my mind ... was there anything people thought they should have done more or less of in their e-pic shoot? I mean, don't get me wrong, they usually turn out great but I was wondering if there's a type of shot you wish you had more of, or that you think you have too many of.

Go! :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!

Re: In our e-pic session I wish we....

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen the results yet (just did our last Thursday) but:

I wish FI and I had tried to get more sleep that week, we were so tired by 5:00 pm (when the shoot started).  I hope that it doesn't show too bad

I'm starting to second guess my makeup decisions.  I wish my Whore-Red lipstick had been slightly less whorish, but I think it might have made the photos more dramatic.... have to wait to see!  Thinking back on it, I wish I would have gone with a more pink/red stain like I want to for the wedding (paired with faux lashes and a neutral eye).

I really like donandmelissa's carnival themed e-session.  I wish we had something fun like that... but we did go to the Fremont Troll for part of ours.

And finally, I wish I had pounded a beer (or two) before the shoot.  It was so awkward for me to pose and kiss FI in front of a bunch of random people.

Aaaaahhhhh, I can't wait to see our photos from the e-session.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I would have changed is not put DH in a thick striped shirt.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish we'd done ours right after getting engaged in the summer (we got engaged in June and married the next year in August).  DH was living in another state so it was tricky to plan and the best time we could do it was in the early spring (because I also didn't want it to be right before the wedding, that would be weird).  The bad part was that we were freezing and in some pictures you can tell my nose and cheeks started to get red... ugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Part of me wishes we had done ours in Seattle, but then another part is glad we did Bellevue since it's a bit different from the norm.  I wish we had a second e-pic session though, DH was SUPER uncomfortable during our session which made me uncomfortable at times.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should answer my own poll ...

I sort of wish we did more kissing. There's only one photo of us kissing and we're out of focus (though that is the point of the shot). I think we both felt awkward doing it. Maybe mgoss has the right idea and we should have done a shot of bourbon before the shoot ^_^.

I also wish I had worn something that contrasted a little with FIe's color, though I think it actually turned out well with us both in blue-gray.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know my response will be odd, but I wish it rained more...

Our wedding is Seattle themed and did them at pikes place. It started to rain and I love the pictires of my hair damp and my FI carrying me in the street with the rain drops on his shirt, but I would have loved to have had it pour a little more so I was actually more wet in the last few.... of course.. when I want it to rain, it doesnt. haha

• Options
    edited December 2011

The only thing I would have done different was my time management. I thought getting ready would take less time. Instead I was an hour late home, and an hour late to our session. Which made for a cranky FI and most of our daylight pics were shot cause he was sooooo not in the mood for being loving.  There are however some fantasically natural emotion pictures if that's what you want to call his "whatever" face.

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    had HAD one! :(  Dh wouldn't go for it (and we didn't exactly have the money)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wish i waited for another month or so. i was new to being engaged, new to the knot, and new to epix in general. i didn't really know what i wanted, i just knew that i loved my photog, and i wanted to get them done asap. i wish i had looked at more examples, and knew some definitive shots that i wanted. but all in all, i still love them. except that they're SO cliche (pike place, anyone?)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    cowgirl_tarrcowgirl_tarr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     hsunij please email me. I am trying to have a Seattle theme wedding and would love to hear some ideas. 

tess_tarr@msn.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards