New Jersey

NWR: The Cheesecake Factory in Bridgewater?

The last time I was at The Cheesecake Factory was in Boston a good 7 years ago.  I know one is now open in Bridgewater and I was wondering how the food and service are.  Has anyone been there?
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: The Cheesecake Factory in Bridgewater?

• edited December 2011
    so far so good.. i work close to there.. we go for lunch sometimes
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Bridgewater location this past Sunday and it was very good. We went in around 6 and were seated within a half hour and seemed like a miracle to me compared to the experiences we've had at the Edison location. I actually liked the resturant more than the one in Edison as it isn't as large and loud. We had good service and were happy with everything.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've not yet been to that one, but have to a number of other northern NJ CheeseCake Factories and have never been disappointed.
  • edited December 2011
    i have never gone to a CCF and not waited for a table.  its crazy.  but the food is BOMB.  also, the portions are ridiculously HUGE. i recommend sharing everything!  even the lunch salads that are supposedly 1/2 of the regular size are really big.  i dont think i've ever finished a meal there. 
    PS: the avocado egg roll things are a-mazing!
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't eat at the Cheesecake Factory if you paid me. Haven't you seen their nutritional stats? They have some of the worst food you can eat in America.
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-cheesecake-factory-bridgewater?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:64279ffb-3dff-4721-bed8-b59fd34c79afPost:73501e62-12e9-4431-8340-91655286b5d5">Re: NWR: The Cheesecake Factory in Bridgewater?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't eat at the Cheesecake Factory if you paid me. Haven't you seen their nutritional stats? They have some of the worst food you can eat in America.
    Posted by cindy91788[/QUOTE]
    Um, okay.  As long as you're not shoveling it in like a horse or eating there every week it's certainly not going to kill you nor will it cause you to instantly gain weight.  An occasional indulgence is perfectly healthy and fine as long as portion control is maintained. 

If the food is delicious and the prices are reasonable then that's all I care about.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-cheesecake-factory-bridgewater?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:64279ffb-3dff-4721-bed8-b59fd34c79afPost:73501e62-12e9-4431-8340-91655286b5d5">Re: NWR: The Cheesecake Factory in Bridgewater?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't eat at the Cheesecake Factory if you paid me. Haven't you seen their nutritional stats? They have some of the worst food you can eat in America.
    Posted by cindy91788[/QUOTE]

Just like all other restaurants...There is NO restaurant that serves all perfectly healthy, perfectly proportioned food.  Relax, the poster didn't ask your opinion if you would eat there because of the healiness of the food.
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Peaches- it's all about what you order and portion control.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I totally understand that many restaurants have food that is bad for you..but I've recently seen a lot of articles about the food at the Cheesecake factory in general, and how completely awful it is for you, with ridiculously high calories and fat in most of their food.  That is why I was pointing it out. Here is just one example of an article I had seen for those of you interested: http://www.salon.com/food/feature/2010/05/28/xtreme_food_awards
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting that but, again, it's all about portion control.  As reese511 stated (and as others have told me), the portions are huge which explains why a single entree would have a buttload of calories.  As a result of the large portion sizes, dishes and meals can often be shared and/or used as leftovers for at least a day or two which cuts down on immediate caloric intake immensely.

Sure, BK's Triple Whopper has fewer calories, but people may be prone to eating two of the Whoppers, fries, a soda, etc.  Even a restaurant like TGI Friday's (which was also mentioned in the article) dishes out the tiniest servings for their entrees and appetizers.  Whereas at a restaurant like The Cheesecake Factory, because the portions are so large diners are more likely to eat only a portion of the dish and take the rest to go.  And if they feel so inclined to eat the entire dish at one sitting, then that's fine too since I imagine people aren't going there on a daily or even weekly basis to eat.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For the record, I just wanted to clear something up. I apologize if I came across as rude in my comment about never wanting to eat at this restaurant. It was not my intention to be rude, and I'm sorry if anybody who read it thinks that.
    I was simply sharing my opinion and facts about the restaurant. I understand that sometimes things can be interpreted differently through writing, so if you thought I was being rude, I wasn't.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards