Snarky Brides

Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!

• Options
    Morning!  I have my volunteer job this morning, then I have to run to the pharmacy/grocery store, and then we're furniture shopping.  UGH I HATE FURNITURE SHOPPING.  Maybe this time we'll at least get a salesperson that doesn't assume we can't afford the couch we're sitting on.  A-holes.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I'm making something resembling this today: 

Spong cake with whipped cream, raspberry jam and fresh strawberries.  My husband is not excited as he wants "chocolate, peanut butter and raspberries."  I'm bored of that combination - it's not interesting or different.  I'm trying to go outside the box (for us).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Good morning! We are having direct tv installed as we speak and if everything goes well with that we will be going to return the cable boxes to Cox (thank goodness because I hate them). We thought about going to the Orange and Blue Game today but I've been told they are doing some maintenance stuff on part of the stadium and they're making everyone sit on the side that gets all the sun. I have zero desire to sit in a stadium at 1pm in 90 degree weather directly in the sun. So it looks like we'll be grocery and car shopping instead. Have a great day, ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Heading off in a little bit to get hair permed or "S" waved - not sure what the technical term is.  Here's hoping it comes out good!  I'm trying to grow hair out and it's at that where it never looks good and I'm not exactly a dab hand at styling.

Other than that, nothing.  It's Masters weekend so H will hunker down with the TV.

Joy - the cake your H wants sounds wonderful.  I love peanut butter.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Morning, all.

We're popping over to the vet's office this morning to pick up some supplements for our cat and to return the vet food we bought earlier in the week. My cat cannot possibly turn his nose up any higher at his new diet, so we've got to try something else. This, coming from the cat who will steal the olives off your pizza and beg you for a bite of grilled cheese. What a goof.

Aside from that, nothing is planned for the day. I thought maybe we'd get some paint for the nursery, but with all the emergency vet bills we've paid in the last week, maybe we should hold off on that for now.

J - what furniture are you still looking for? I hated furniture shopping too, and am not looking forward to when we move and buy a bigger house that requires me to shop again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:155cb389-555f-4965-9ece-eabec658f736">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning, all. We're popping over to the vet's office this morning to pick up some supplements for our cat and to return the vet food we bought earlier in the week. <strong>My cat cannot possibly turn his nose up any higher at his new diet, so we've got to try something else. This, coming from the cat who will steal the olives off your pizza and beg you for a bite of grilled cheese. What a goof.</strong> Aside from that, nothing is planned for the day. I thought maybe we'd get some paint for the nursery, but with all the emergency vet bills we've paid in the last week, maybe we should hold off on that for now. J - what furniture are you still looking for? I hated furniture shopping too, and am not looking forward to when we move and buy a bigger house that requires me to shop again.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

September - we're going through the same thing with old cat in my avatar pic.  He needs to put on weight and he is also critically ill.  At last vet visit the doctor tried him on some Rx Hill's A/D.  The cat gobbled it up so vet gave us a couple of cans to take home and to feed him several times a day.  All was well and we ran out so I went back to vet and receptionist told me that they were out of A/D but that vet also recommended K/D as Bowin is in renal failure as well.  K/D was not an option - Bo didn't even touch it.  So back we went and the office found some A/D for us.  Nope, now he won't touch the A/D either where previously he gobbled it up.  But he eats everything else on earth - I just split a muffin with him.  So we're back to tuna fish and scrambled eggs as supplements.  In the meantime, my cat who also gets a little bit to prevent jealousy, is starting to resemble a small hippo and the one that needs to gain the weight still hasn't or so it seems.  We'll find out on Monday night.
  • Options
    Morning everyone! It's finally SPRING BREAK and I could not be more happy about it. FI and I came back home for the weekend.  Mom and I went to a bar in my hometown (which is usually full of people my age who did nothing with their lives) but it was early enough that it wasn't the party crwod yet.  We ran into a bunch of my old middle school teachers, which was so strange haha.  We ended up playing pool with them and everything.  Mom was even flirting with one of them lol (go mom!)  It was a fun evening.
    Today I'm having lunch with some friends that I don'ts ee often, but they're home too.  I can't wait.
  • Options
    Feeling your pain J on the "hate furniture shopping". We bought all new furniture this year and whil.e I was overjoyed to finally have it, shopping for it was mildly hellish.

Our youngest dog, Lily is at the vet today for her dental (she is a Pom, they need annual dentals) and the other two are going in for boosters later today when we pick her up. I am getting a pre-made dinner for Easter (I can cook but I am just tired of big-meal cooking at the moment) and glad to fianlly have two whole days off.

Hope your cat is okay September.
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Good morning! We had an absolute blast at the game yesterday. I drank way too many beers but at least we did a lot of walking. I was pretty impressed with my Fitbit results.

I somehow managed to lose my coat after the game so I'll be coat shopping this weekend. Luckily it was old and ratty and really needed toi be replaced anyway. 

FH agreed to work with his plumber friend today while he was drunk so I have the house to myself for the next few hours. I can't decide if I want to watch a movie or waste time online. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good morning!

I'm bouncing off the walls. I just hopped on the scale and am 10 pounds below my pre-preg weight and the lightest I've been since I was a teenager. I also got 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep. Weeeeee.!
  • Options
    Lenore2010Lenore2010 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Hey Katie - I see the tiny whompus is here. Congrats on the weight loss.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:bee81445-5120-458a-8cd8-d15b4c771d11">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Joy - the cake your H wants sounds wonderful.  I love peanut butter.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Well, that doesn't help!  :-)
  • Options
    WTG Katie! And I love the pics of the little one (as usual)!
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:51a25a1c-b12f-4bdd-85e9-67bd09978c87">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides! : Well, that doesn't help!  :-)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be on Team H Joy but choc/pb/raspberries just sounds incredibly good right now. :)
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Joy I'd much rather have the one you're making today!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:51a25a1c-b12f-4bdd-85e9-67bd09978c87">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides! : Well, that doesn't help!  :-)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I will eat his portion of the delicious strawberry cake :)
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

The cat wanted us up this morning, he is such a brat. He didnt want fed or anything else. He would climb from one of us to the other and when that doesnt work he gets in the blinds to make enough noise to bug us.

Today is puppy picking day. Then I have to clean this weekend. Being gone for so long I really need to dust and vaccuum.Husband wants to go to the firing range today, but I've been having ear issues for a month now. Maybe I'll tell him to go by himself, so I can clean without him under foot.

Duds- I read good reviews on American Reunion, let me know how you like it.I really want to see it. I loved all the American movies.
  • Options
    Haha.

Well, as I've never made this cake before, we'll see how it goes.  He might end up with two chocolate cakes sandwiching the whipped cream and strawberries anyway!
  • Options
    Hi! I have an adoption event to run today and then we're going to the IL's today for Easter, MIL has been griping that I never let H see his family *rolls eyes* I really don't want to leave preggers cat, but my sister said she would check in on her.

KatieW - your LO is adorable. Just adorable.
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Morning!

I hate furniture shopping too.  We went to one store and the salesmen wouldn't give us the time of day.  They would look at us and then turn around.  So we walked out of there and won't ever go back. And ended up spending a lot of money at the store next door.

I have a royalty contest today and then going to see BIL and his gf's new apartment. My niece and nephew are finally going to have their own rooms and beds.  They've been in a crappy situation for way too long.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:26c34ec5-9e6d-4f3d-b9ce-1bbcf880ceed">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg, kd, I can't wait to see your puppy pick! H is off getting his haircut.  I just primed a spot on the wall that needs painting and while the primer is drying, I'm meal planning.  Will probably have the Masters on all day while we empty out a guest room that's being converted into an office. Then, tonight, off to our<strong> fancy schmancy anniversary dinner.</strong>   KW, that's awesome!!  What have you been doing?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

So, take a picture for me!
  • Options
    katiewhompuskatiewhompus member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:26c34ec5-9e6d-4f3d-b9ce-1bbcf880ceed">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg, kd, I can't wait to see your puppy pick! H is off getting his haircut.  I just primed a spot on the wall that needs painting and while the primer is drying, I'm meal planning.  Will probably have the Masters on all day while we empty out a guest room that's being converted into an office. Then, tonight, off to our fancy schmancy anniversary dinner.   KW, that's awesome!!  What have you been doing?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I'm still breastfeeding so that's a huge part. We also do daily 2 mile walks with DD where I am carrying her in a sling. I also attribute it to her being clingy. Carry around a 20 pound medicine ball all day and you get pretty awesome legs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:0ef31645-c63e-4979-8abe-bfafc23546f2">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides! : I'm still breastfeeding so that's a huge part. We also do daily 2 mile walks with DD where I am carrying her in a sling. I also attribute it to her being clingy. Carry around a 20 pound medicine ball all day and you get pretty awesome legs.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Do I have to have a baby to do this? ;)
  • Options
    katiewhompuskatiewhompus member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:36f47b42-3f21-4052-ba24-1d0bfd2411d5">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides! : Do I have to have a baby to do this? ;)
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Not if you buy a medicine ball ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:44132a19-d025-4d9e-9bc5-1506197f5e64">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides! : Not if you buy a medicine ball ;)
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Thats good!

My PT and I used the exercise ball yesterday, I should have videotaped it. It was hilarious.
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Good morning!  I typed up a whole thing about what's going on and it looks like TK ate it.  So good morning!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    morning. I'm fighting a 3-day headache that I know is caused by being on the computer, but I have to get grading done so my head just needs to STFU already.

I'm also feeling a little weird due to a message I just got from a friend that I don't know how to respond to. Sometimes I wish I were a nicer, more forgiving person but right now I don't know that I'm ready to respond.
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

FI and I went to visit my parents for a couple of days this week.  We went to a concert Thursday night (with my family) and then another one last night (just me and FI).  I have to work tonight at 5, so FI and I are probably just gonna relax today.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-snaky-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af14dcfc-47f3-43a7-9653-3ef1e4f47eebPost:2f71da26-23d3-41e1-8494-e8eb115d79c8">Re: Good Morning, Snaky Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]morning. I'm fighting a 3-day headache that I know is caused by being on the computer, but I have to get grading done so my head just needs to STFU already. I'm also feeling a little weird due to a message I just got from a friend that I don't know how to respond to. Sometimes I wish I were a nicer, more forgiving person but right now I don't know that I'm ready to respond.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

What's up with your friend?

I know about the headache thing. I've had an ear issue for a month now. All the doctors tell me is it's my sinuses pooling in my ear. But the pain is driving me crazy.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning (or afternoon, for some of us)!

I went to work this morning, but came home sick. I was up half the night because my side hurt so bad. I was worried I would have to go to the hospital it hurt so bad. It's not as bad today, but I'm exhausted.

I'm excited for Easter tomorrow. My family always have a TON of food for holidays, and it's really good.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards