Texas-Houston

Alterations

I was hoping someone knew of any dress alteration places in Conroe/Spring/The Woodlands.

David's Bridal was going to end up charging me more than what I paid for my dress. I need to have it hemmed and taken in at the hips and a bustle added if that helps. 

I have some time before I need to have this done so if there are any great places in Houston I would be willing to travel. (I work by Bush Intercontinental by all the O&G companies)

Thanks for any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_alterations-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:e696f421-7643-4b9c-9a66-30ffe3c08c11Post:8f614600-f509-43f1-b0ce-40d79ca711c0">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of people on here recommend Laura's Couture and Alterations.
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Princess Bridal for my alterations and they did an amazing job. I had bought my dress from an independent retailer and they had no problems taking me in. They also did it rather quickly. I received my dress 3 1/2 weeks before my wedding and they had it ready for me in time.

As far as the actual alterations go I had them take it in two inches around the bust and they added a bustle. My only complaint was that they didn't tell me how much each point on the bustle was going to be, so when they made this complex bustle without really asking me, I didn't realize what the cost would be. But this is somewhat my fault as well because I should have told them how many points I wanted and asked the cost prior.

Either way,  the quality of the work was definitely worth it to me and the people are super nice. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_alterations-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:e696f421-7643-4b9c-9a66-30ffe3c08c11Post:66313225-6952-4b9b-b830-942ab5535d54">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Princess Bridal for my alterations and they did an amazing job. I had bought my dress from an independent retailer and they had no problems taking me in. They also did it rather quickly. I received my dress 3 1/2 weeks before my wedding and they had it ready for me in time. As far as the actual alterations go I had them take it in two inches around the bust and they added a bustle. My only complaint was that they didn't tell me how much each point on the bustle was going to be, so when they made this complex bustle without really asking me, I didn't realize what the cost would be. But this is somewhat my fault as well because I should have told them how many points I wanted and asked the cost prior. Either way,  the quality of the work was definitely worth it to me and the people are super nice. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Posted by PJS001[/QUOTE]

You don't have to share the exact amount if you are uncomfortable with that, but what range was all your work in?

I have lost two dresses sizes since purchasing my dress. (I ordered it small) I am still losing some weight and so do not have an exact detail of what needs to be done just a rough idea.

Thanks for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You might want to give Michelle a call at Colletti threads. Her turn around is great and her prices are unbeatable!!!  she does all kinds of things and  she does a wonderful job.
  • I had my dress altered at Laura's Couture. Karime is great, and my dress fits like a glove. She is pretty pricy, but it was worth it. The dress is one of the most important things in a wedding!

We got married 11/3/12!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards