Options

Therapy Thursday

You know what to do. Let's hear it!

First Look
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Therapy Thursday

• Options
    Last night we come home from choir practice to a few RSVP messages on the answering machine. One is a couple of FI's friends who can't make it and the other is my mom's aunt/godmother RSVPing for herself and her uninvited daughter. Mom and I are both upset about it but mom say's it's okay because we had two RSVP no's and her aunt/godmother can't drive in the dark. This is the only one like this I'm letting her get away with. No snowballing here.

Also last night, I was determined to finish writing my thank you notes so I was up "later than usual" aka 11pm. My dad comes up from downstairs (after having run through the whole house yelling about where something of his was) and asks me if I'm going to work tomorrow. My reply - "Yes, are you?" because I'm sick of the double standards. He only gets up an hour after me but is always up until at least midnight whereas I'm normally in bed by 10. I'm 25, I'll go to bed when I want and I'm fully aware I have work in the morning.
  • Options
    Midge that sounds annoying.  But you only have to put up with it for another month!!! :)

Not a vent really.. I'm sure many people share my sentiments, but sometimes I just want this day to (excuse my language) fucking get here already.  I want school to be done. I want to be married. I want to go on my honeymoon. (yes I am a spoiled 3 year old with all these "i want"s)
  • Options
    Very annoying. Especially since it's totally not the first time he's said something like it. I mean, I used to come home at 2-3am and get up and go to work at HD in the morning (between 7 and 9). He never said anything then.

Chels, I totally want the wedding just to get here. I'm ready to go to Disneyworld, live with my H & never have to live by my parents rules EVER AGAIN.
  • Options
    I also want Amazon to ship my new camera.  I'm kinda ticked at myself for orderng the red one but it looks so badass.  But it's taking the longest to ship.  Blegh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:d8785bd4-27dd-4248-9055-644e26e29b64">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge that sounds annoying.  But you only have to put up with it for another month!!! :) Not a vent really.. I'm sure many people share my sentiments, but sometimes I just want this day to (excuse my language) fucking get here already.  I want school to be done. I want to be married. I want to go on my honeymoon. (yes I am a spoiled 3 year old with all these "i want"s)
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I agree... I want to be married NOW! But I am REALLY trying to focus on the present and just enjoy this last 58 days of being engaged to FI. We are getting so close, I just want to be content for the rest of our engagement :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    My tiny vent is that I ordered my wedding day knickers off of Etsy, and the seller is in the UK and shipped them on April 23. They still aren't here and I'm starting to get worried. The seller has 1000+ reviews, 100% positive rating so I don't think the seller is the issue, I am just worried they got lost in the post (which has happened to me twice with UK-US shipping).

Midge-your parents seriously have rules about when you have to go to bed? Do they think you are 5? I can't imagine the look I would give my father if he told me to go to bed. 
  • Options
    I am just having a really bad day. To start it off I didn't sleep at all last night. I know I saw every hour of the clock. When my alarm actually went off I woke up with a horrible headache. My day has just continued downhill. Nothing is going right and I just want to sit here and cry.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Daria, they don't have rules persay, just expectations I guess? Which is still lame.
  • Options
    I'm hungover. And still sick.

Yesterday FI and I got in a "fight" over food. I got jealous because he gets a hot dog every week before golf. He got jealous because I got a sausage mcmuffin without him. We sound like a bunch of fatasses.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Hmmmm if this were yesterday, I'd have lots to complain about.

I am just finally feeling the pressure of the wedding planning.  I am just starting a lot of it now because I have been so busy with school the last few months, so now I am starting to get the details in order.  Lots to organize and coordinate.  I dunno how I'd do it all without our WC!!!  Just can't wait to get to Maui and get married and have a holiday!!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:8cb11472-cc15-442a-bd70-4755f7910658">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hungover. And still sick. Yesterday FI and I got in a "fight" over food. I got jealous because he gets a hot dog every week before golf. He got jealous because I got a sausage mcmuffin without him. We sound like a bunch of fatasses.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

I know I shouldn't laugh at your fight, but I literally just LOL'd. FI and I have done this, and we are fatasses! :)

First Look
  • Options
    I just want to get a good nights sleep for once. I feel like I haven't slept well in ages. it makes me irritable and annoying during the day, I have to fight the urge to take naps... and then at night I'm strolling around the house wide awake, trying to figure out what to do with myself. So far I've been pretty good about not cooking in the middle of the night, which is what I normally end up doing.
    I get so hungry that I get up and make myself a burger...or cupcakes.
    eat it.
    feel fat.
    feel guilty.
    promise myself never to do this again.
    do the same thing next time.
    since the battery on my scale died and I'm not able to weigh in every morning like I used to, I'm a little paranoid and feeling out of control, so at least so far I haven't indulged into two am mushroom burgers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hugs everyone
  • Options
    The guys have less than a week to get measured for the tuxes. 3/8 of them haven't gotten measured yet. They're the ones that live the closest (By like 45minutes-3 hours than the rest).  
  • Options
    LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:c5ebd941-8c10-4d99-8aca-2b5ad04196f3">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm 25, I'll go to bed when I want and I'm fully aware I have work in the morning.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel! I moved back in with my parents after my lease was up in Dec. until I'm moving in with my FI after the wedding. I get the "shouldn't you be going to bed" speech too!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:994be6a8-8066-4516-9779-989ea04c6b5e">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to get a good nights sleep for once. I feel like I haven't slept well in ages. it makes me irritable and annoying during the day, I have to fight the urge to take naps... and then at night I'm strolling around the house wide awake, trying to figure out what to do with myself. So far I've been pretty good about not cooking in the middle of the night, which is what I normally end up doing. I get so hungry that I get up and make myself a burger...or cupcakes. eat it. feel fat. feel guilty. promise myself never to do this again. do the same thing next time. since the battery on my scale died and I'm not able to weigh in every morning like I used to, I'm a little paranoid and feeling out of control, so at least so far I haven't indulged into two am mushroom burgers.
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

Are you eating enough during the day? Usually if you are getting that hungry it's because you need to eat.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I just decided that I am getting McDonalds on my way home and I am going to eat the McDonalds and then take a nap and then find something fun to do by myself while FI's out golfing because I'mmmmm cranky!!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:7a0eb03b-cdcc-4c09-a488-6cff9be19610">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : I know how you feel! I moved back in with my parents after my lease was up in Dec. until I'm moving in with my FI after the wedding. I get the "shouldn't you be going to bed" speech too!
    Posted by Lambbop[/QUOTE]

I've never even had the living outside of the home experience so I'm really ready to get out of there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:fa6f8c5f-c829-4dc1-b577-b5059403801f">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just decided that I am getting McDonalds on my way home and I am going to eat the McDonalds and then take a nap and then find something fun to do by myself while FI's out golfing because I'mmmmm cranky!!

I agree! Fi works tonight, so I think I will just take the night off and have a Vampire Diaries marathon again. :)

First Look
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:357f04e5-e83b-4240-b5ba-3e2d191d3d07">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : Are you eating enough during the day? Usually if you are getting that hungry it's because you need to eat.

during the day I am, and I even eat a pretty late dinner. But if my last meal is at 8pm, then by 2am if I'm still awake I need to eat. I know that I wouldn't need to do that if I was asleep. I never really wake up hungry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As I have mentioned before, I am obsessed with England, specifically the royals, specifically Kate Middleton.  I told my mother and sister that I wanted to wear a fascinator to my bridal shower, since when else can you really wear one?  What I meant by a fascinator was a pretty white headband with a fluffy white flower on it.  My mother surprised me the other day by giving me a fasicinator, except its really more of a birdcage veil.  It's not cute, it has these weird ribbon things, and I do not want to wear it.  I asked a couple questions about it, sort of hinting that I didn't like it, and my mother got defensive.  I feel like if I bought something for someone and they didn't like it, I'd feel really bad, not try to force them to wear it.  Also, my mother hasn't bought me clothing/accessories in years because I never EVER like what she picks out for me, we've discussed it before, I'm not sure why she thought this would be different.

My first shower is Sunday, its the one my FMIL is throwing me in FI's hometown.  I'm not sure if my mother is planning on bringing her fascinator over before we leave for the shower, but I need to figure out a way to not wear it.  I really just can't.  It's humiliating and people will most definitely be like "WTF?!"  I haven't flat out told my mother that I hate it yet because she was so excited to give it to me and she's been really defensive about everything lately, but I really don't know what to do. 

I hope this doesn't come off sounding like I'm a selfish brat, I'm really not, but its Therapy Thursday and I needed to get it out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:e9b596c0-42db-4fee-a410-14f72cd0f7d1">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : I've never even had the living outside of the home experience so I'm really ready to get out of there.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I think its harder to live outside home and then come back.  Whenever I'd come home on breaks from college I haaaaaaated it!  My sister didn't have such a problem with living at home though until she went to college away (first 2 years was at a community college and she lived home).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would also like to vent that I am SICK OF WINTER!!!! It's been raining here and cold for like 6 8 months now!!!  I want the rain to go away!!!!  I am so white I am transparent.  I need some sunshine!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:38d11bbd-b96f-4bf5-a91a-7181db8e442f">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : I know I shouldn't laugh at your fight, but I literally just LOL'd. FI and I have done this, and we are fatasses! :)
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

It's okay. It's pretty funny. We don't get jealous of other people but we get jealous of food. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this issue :)
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    I need to vent that I have a dress fitting today and I can never get my stupid strapless victorias secret sticker bra on by myself and it makes me feel like a 4 year who can't dress herself.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DAMMIT!
    I locked myself out of my Kohl's account so I can't registry stalk. I just called and the damn fire alarm was going off so I have  to call back later. I am now partially deaf in my left ear and freaking ticked that the freaking building is burning down....
    UGH!

First Look
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    Michelle I don't think you sound selfish. It's always hard when you express an interest in something, and someone buys it for you...and you hate it. Could you wear it for a specific part of the shower, and one you like more for the rest of it? Make your mother's fascinator your "game hat" or something-so it's during a "silly time'? At my shower my mother provided me with a "bride" baseball hat and I had JUST come from my hair trial! I just got my hair nice and pretty and you want me to wear a baseball hat? I put it on for like two seconds.

I have a similar issue, in my FI's family it's tradition to give the bride & groom a formal set of flatware. FMIL has been talking about this gift for at least 4 years-she was going to give it to FI at some point because she despaired he would never get married. We didn't really want the flatware, we have nowhere to keep it, we don't host dinner EVER, we live in a tiny Manhattan apt, etc. And at my shower, I opened up flatware. And it's ugly. And of course in front of everyone his mother says "DO YOU LIKE IT?" Even I, the Queen of Bluntness choked out "It's nice." We are going to have to keep it, but I think we'll exchange it for something more plain. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:d94718cc-5ad3-4bf3-9caf-5f05e5015111">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : It's okay. It's pretty funny. We don't get jealous of other people but we get jealous of food. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this issue :)

<div>HAHAHA we totally do this too!  We are having burgers catered for lunch today and FI has been complaining about how jealous he is ALL week.</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7043b43a-ec7e-4e2c-9ce1-a96c3c35cd0bPost:fa6f8c5f-c829-4dc1-b577-b5059403801f">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just decided that I am getting McDonalds on my way home and I am going to eat the McDonalds and then take a nap and then find something fun to do by myself while FI's out golfing because I'mmmmm cranky!!

I plan on enjoying some wine tonight as I order things for the wedding.
  • Options
    Vent: Ugh I friggen hate people!!! I just called the woman about reserving the carosel at a park between our church and the reception site to take pictures after the ceremony. The lady asks me what date we wanted and when I told her June 9th she says oh no that day is booked, I said WHAT!!! The whole day is booked? I only need a half hour? She says oh the borough president has the day blocked off for a nature fest, you should have called sooner. Meanwhile when I called 4 months ago she told me I was calling too soon and to call back the beginning of May to book it no problem. When I reminded her of this she tells me well the books opened early, and you should have called. How was I supposed to know the books opened early? So now fi and I have no where to take pictures after the ceremony :-( I am so mad, upset, and disappointed I literally just stopped crying my eyes out :'-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards