Nevada-Las Vegas

5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2

Bentley & Wilson – A++ - We had Todd, showed up on time, I think his first picture was when I was holding my toothbrush. I was a little disorganized when he showed up… he just took out the list I gave him and started shooting the rings, suite, etc.  Super nice and made me feel very comfortable. I gave him a list of all the photos I wanted for after the ceremony, we had a lot more time than I expected so I ended up just telling him all the photos I wanted and having people step in and out of the shots. I kind of directed him a little and I apologized because he kept looking at his list making sure we didn’t miss anything I originally ask for. He was super professional the whole time. We went to the Las Vegas sign and the cab driver was very rude to us and Todd, when Todd asked if he’d stay 5 minutes and we’d be right back, he said no problem. We took our photos in like 3 minutes and walked back to get the cab…. And he had left us there!!! WTF. Who does that?? We were lucky another cab showed up and the girls he dropped off didn’t care. But who leaves a wedding couple stuck at the sign? I was so mad that I didn’t get his name…and I’m usually really good to look at that stuff. Todd said that was they first time that’s ever happened to him. We tipped him $150 because he was really good!

Masterpiece Cuisine – A – Everything was awesome, we did the gourmet express… EXCEPT I was soooo disappointed in the vegetable platter. We had 44 guests and the veggies were gone about 15 people into the buffet. There was one little tray of veggies and they gave us 2 huge bowls of ranch dip. I was embarrassed about that part. The veggies weren’t even that nice looking, celery had brown on the ends. Yuck.  BUT the hot food was awesome! Crab Cakes and Teriyaki Chicken Skewers were a huge hit! The Angus beef skewers were great but had a kick to them. The mac and cheese were good and served with a mini fork sticking out of the top. And the pulled pork was good, but there was a TON left over. I ate about 15 minutes after getting into the suite, I had a plate with everything on it as I wanted to see for myself how good everything was.  We ordered the bar through MPC as well and Chris Lee was out bartender A++ – TOTALLY recommend doing this – he found out what hubby and I liked to drink and he always had one ready for us in no time. He was friendly and professional. I did ask him to take the tip jar down (just a regular glass with a $5 bill in it at the time I saw when I first walked into the suite) as I didn’t want any of my guests having to worry about giving a tip each time they went up. We tipped him $120 after 3 hours in our suite.  MB Wedding Chapel/Valley of the Falls – A++ -  We had such a great experience, I was sad when it was all over! My first coordinator was Haben, who we met on our scouting trip last year. I was crushed when she left, but we had Jaimie and she was fan-friggin-tastic! Both of these girls were so friendly and helpful! Talk about deliver the end result! From the bottles of water they give you when you go in to scout out the chapel to the big smile they give you before you walk down the aisle, I was in great hands the whole time! Tipped the girls $150 each.  My flowers were perfect, exactly like the picture I submitted! Shelly did an amazing job!!Valley of the Falls – loved every second of it. I had a hard time hearing the minister every once in awhile over the waterfalls (Rev. Adam Duckro – who was also super fabulous! Tipped him $50) but took the moment while standing up there to take it all in. Our guests said they could hear fine. We had it for an hour and we took a ton of pictures there with Todd after the ceremony was done. We had a ton of compliments on how beautiful it was!I also had the chapel put water bottles on each guest chair in case it was really hot. Everyone appreciated it J I used my $50 credit from not having a violinist towards the water.  We didn’t have a rehearsal, due to the fact that I didn’t want to spend $450 to do so. So it was all winged the day of and it was great. The ladies did a run through with us before we got out there and all went smooth. We went with a cd for the ceremony music. We both like U2 and wanted a song or two of theirs and in order for the piano guy to play it, it costs $40 plus the sheet music per song. And then we weren’t even sure if we’d like the way he’d play it on the piano… so cd it was J

Re: 5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2

• That's sucks about the cab, I really need to make a list for Todd, thanks for reminding me. Was it one of the regular yellow cabs? I find the people in the newer cabs are a little nicer since I think they're with an actual big company and not self-employed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_5202012-wedding-reviews-part-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e5fefa10-5ca2-4799-b9c4-188122b058dePost:0d8944b2-cca3-4032-9af6-52828a335d3e">Re: 5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's sucks about the cab, I really need to make a list for Todd, thanks for reminding me. Was it one of the regular yellow cabs? I find the people in the newer cabs are a little nicer since I think they're with an actual big company and not self-employed.
    Posted by petitmonstree[/QUOTE]

No it was actually a white cab. There was a huge convention in town and cabs were few and far between... this guy wanted better cab fare than just going to the vegas sign...
  • Do you mind sending me a msg of the list pf photos you requested?  I'd love to get some ideas =)
    keepmeblushing@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Samantha Michelle www.KeepMeBlushing.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_5202012-wedding-reviews-part-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e5fefa10-5ca2-4799-b9c4-188122b058dePost:eb0887b8-5751-4591-838d-246094fb6e28">Re: 5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2 : No it was actually a white cab. There was a huge convention in town and cabs were few and far between... this guy wanted better cab fare than just going to the vegas sign...
    Posted by Marfoot[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow usually they're really good. I'm sorry you had trouble with them.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_5202012-wedding-reviews-part-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e5fefa10-5ca2-4799-b9c4-188122b058dePost:bf2fb5f6-578c-40e2-9f80-2c6e83400381">Re: 5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you mind sending me a msg of the list pf photos you requested?  I'd love to get some ideas =) keepmeblushing@gmail.com Thanks!
    Posted by wwwKeepMeBlushingcom[/QUOTE]

Just in case anyone else was curious... :) This is what I sent Todd ahead of time...
    <p class="ecxMsoNormal"><u><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Must Take Photos</font></span></u></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><span><font size="3">Before Wedding</font></span></strong><span><font size="3"> – Groom/BM & guys getting ready</font></span></font></font></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">- Bride & ladies getting ready</font></span></p><p style="text-indent:36pt;" class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">- Groom and his family (if possible… may not be time)</font></span></p><p style="text-indent:36pt;" class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">- Bride and her family (if possible… may not be time)</font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">- Wedding bands</font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">- Flowers in the room, guest book/favours area</font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">- On our way down to meet the coordinators</font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><span><font size="3">Group Photo</font></span></strong><span><font size="3"> - I have asked all of our guests to stay for a few minutes after the ceremony has finished as we would like a group photo of everyone at Valley of the Falls location. </font><span><font size="3"> </font></span></span></font></font></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Family Photos</font></span></strong></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Bride's Family – Bride/Groom/Dad/Mom</font></span></p><p style="text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;" class="ecxMsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman"><span><span><font size="3">-</font><span style="font:7pt 'Times New Roman';">          </span></span></span><span><font size="3">Bride/Dad/Mom – serious and goofy</font></span></font></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Both families + bride & groom all together in 1 photo</font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Both parents + bride & groom</font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Groom's family – Bride/Groom/Dad/Mom/Sister/Brother– serious and goofy</font></span></p><p style="text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;" class="ecxMsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman"><span><span><font size="3">-</font><span style="font:7pt 'Times New Roman';">          </span></span></span><span><font size="3">Groom/Dad/Mom/Sister/Brother
    </font></span></font></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"><span>Groom/Dad/Mom
    </span></font></span></p><p class="ecxMsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">There will be Aunts/Uncles/Cousins with us and take photos at VOTF depending on time frame</font></span></p>
  • Did you guys pay for the ride to the sign before you got out (I HOPE NOT!!) What a jerk!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_5202012-wedding-reviews-part-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e5fefa10-5ca2-4799-b9c4-188122b058dePost:f1263ba5-8b0b-4566-b59c-aed5e835cc38">Re: 5/20/2012 Wedding Reviews - Part 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you guys pay for the ride to the sign before you got out (I HOPE NOT!!) What a jerk!
    Posted by Roy5361[/QUOTE]

No we didn't pay the cab anything, thinking we'd be right back and he'd keep the meter running... so the upside to that part of the day is we got a free $6 cab ride from MB to the sign... :) I agree though, total jerk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards