California-Northern

Bay Area - Peninsula!

Most of the Peninsula places seem to be expensive!

Without doing the Marriott.... any other ideas on reception + ceremony locales?

Re: Bay Area - Peninsula!

• i2osieposeyi2osieposey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried wedgewood banquet? in burlingame we are getting married there and it is very reasonable... we were having a hard time finding budget friendly wedding venues and there are a few of them around the bay area
  • edited December 2011
    We're considering the Mission Blue Community Center in Brisbane. It's $260+/hour.

We were surprised to find that publicly owned sites in San Francisco itself we're cheaper than for-profit sites on the Peninsula (which has few publicly owned sites). San Francisco Parks and Rec has a list of sites, and there's several in the Presidio. So we're considering San Francisco reception sites despite our San Mateo ceremony.

The Redwood City Old Courthouse / Museum starts at $3,000 for the site.

Also check out the Mountain Terrace in Woodside, Trader Vic's in Palo Alto, and the San Jose Women's Club.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I will check them out.... I did go to wedgewood in Burlingame - price is good just not a good logistical place for us!

• edited December 2011
    The most budget friendly place I can think of is The Freedom Hall and Gardens in Santa Clara. They have great packages that start with 100 guests. My friend got married there in April and said it was wonderful. www.freedomhall.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards