Maryland

Chesapeake Wedding Venues

We are having a destination wedding in MD, and before I travel all the way up there to see venues, I was wondering if anyone could give me their views on the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, Lighthouse Sound, and Herrington on the Bay. Let me know what you know about any of those please! Thanks

Re: Chesapeake Wedding Venues

• edited December 2011
    I don't know much about Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. We looked at Lighthouse Sound and it's beautiful, but did not fit into my budget. It was a little more pricer than I wanted to spend, but other than that I thought the location was nice.

Herrington on the Bay is my choice! I love it!! My friend got married there last year and it was goregous! The food was delicious and the staff was very helpful. Hope this helps and good luck picking!
  • ktanney4ktanney4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not checked out these locations but did look at Cheasapeake Bay Foundation- Phillip Merril Bldg.  It is a "green" bldg with great deck for outdoors (some of deck is covered) and you can get married on the beach!  I thought it was beautiful!  It's about 5 min from downtown Annapolis and located right on the water:)  Another choice that was VERY affordable is Quiet Waters Park.  I'd google that and check pricing..looks like it has nice garden area and has indoor bldg for reception.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Chesapeak Bay Beach Club In June. The venue is absolutly beautiful. It is exactly what my FI and I wanted. Something that was right on the water and where the guest had the option of enjoying themselves inside or outside. It is located right over the Bay Bridge in Stevensville, Maryland.  There are spectaular views of the Bay and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The CBBC has three different rooms you can pick from. Two of which have roof top decks and the other one has a lovely patio with rocking chairs that face the bay. You can also walk down to the beach right there. So far the help service has been great and they are very Accommodating. I just had the food tasting and the food was very delicious. The venue is pricey though, but I feel it is worth it with the great  ambiance and their wonderful service. You can also have your wedding ceremony there on their lawns facing the bay and the Chesapeak Bay Bridge.  Here is the link. Hope this helps :-) www.baybeachclub.com/">

http://www.baybeachclub.com/

-Katie
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Tilghman Island Inn?  Has anyone been to a wedding there?
  • plabilyplabily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Historic Kent Manor and Inn on the Eastern Shore, across the bay from Annapolis?
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa in May.  It's a beautiful location!  The wedding coordinators are amazing.  They are super supportive, and have calmed our nerves when everyone else was driving us crazy.  We had a food tasting...delicious!  We stayed over night at the hotel when we went to the tasting, and we had a great time.  Nice, clean hotel with beautiful views of the bay. 

Herrington Harbour is pretty too.  We didn't have that special "this is it" moment when we visited it, but I know other people have had great experiences. 

Good luck with your planning.
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • lisamc8lisamc8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would NOT go with Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa!  I'm supposed to be having my wedding there in less than 3 months... they have NOT held up their end of the contract!  I had rooms in my block that they gave to someone else!  They are NOT cooperating with me!  The people @ the front desk were rude to some of the people that did book the rooms!  If they don't make it right... I WILL BE SCREWED!
  • gelly bellygelly belly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm biased when i say herrington all the way!!! we will be married there june 12, 2011. it is the nation's most ecosensitive marina and is a sustainable venue. the chefs there are amazing as well as the inn and venue itself. they are reasonably priced and the care they give your event is unmatched. if you have any questions just ask away and i'll let you know.
  • gracie2762gracie2762 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Herrington on the Bay October 2008 and everything was perfect! PIB. Please let me know if you have any questions.
  • edited December 2011
    Another place you may want to check is Celebrations on the Bay in Pasadena, MD. We got married there this past Oct and it was wonderful. They also have all inclusive packages.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm seconding the comments for the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club.
    I'm having my wedding there next June, and it's absolutely gorgeous. A bit pricey, but I figure it's paying for the convenience of it all: ceremony and reception location in one place, caterer, linens, chairs, tables, drinks, bridal suite, wedding planner, etc.

it's really really gorgeous too. green grass, beach and water. perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also wanted to add that since you're having a destination wedding, basically everything is taken care of for you besides smaller things like decorations, cake, etc. The wedding planner is so nice there, and would be really helpful in planning since you're not local
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Hyatt in Cambridge.  Just signed the contract!  Did anyone else get married there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards