Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

*another* flight bump

The problem with booking flights so far in advance is that they want to change them on you every chance they get.

I get weekly expedia emails about switching the flight numbers or the times by a few minutes but this morning I get one that bumped our Vegas departure time an hour and a half earlier.. Nbd right? Sure, it wouldn't be if they weren't already at 7:30am. Now we have a 6:05am departure time. So we're checking out sometime around 4 or 4:30am and I'm debating if we even bother going to sleep or not..

Right now it doesn't seem like a terrible idea because I'm all jacked up on coffee (small town snowy day = slow day at work) but who knows if it'll be pushed back again..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 

Re: *another* flight bump

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_another-flight-bump?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:54698b5f-3926-4c86-86de-d375ca8df52aPost:d0d78055-cb07-49e5-bdb0-a397dd4c74db">*another* flight bump</a>:
    [QUOTE]The problem with booking flights so far in advance is that they want to change them on you every chance they get. I get weekly expedia emails about switching the flight numbers or the times by a few minutes but this morning I get one that bumped our Vegas departure time an hour and a half earlier.. Nbd right? Sure, it wouldn't be if they weren't already at 7:30am. Now we have a 6:05am departure time. So we're checking out sometime around 4 or 4:30am and I'm debating if we even bother going to sleep or not.. Right now it doesn't seem like a terrible idea because I'm all jacked up on coffee (small town snowy day = slow day at work) but who knows if it'll be pushed back again..
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

I would call and ask for a later flight at no additional cost to you. That time difference is too drastic, IMO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
    Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
    Reception: Margaritaville
    May 26, 2013
  • Options
    PreDempseyPreDempsey member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013

Initially we were flying in on the last flight the night before the wedding. They pushed our arrival back until after 11pm and I called and went through the wringer to get it switched because I can't risk it getting cancelled or screwed up. They probably have "crazy bride" written all over the itinerary on their end. It's not the end of the world, it will be nice getting home before dark, but just such an awkward early time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards