Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Does Bride and Groom count as a guest

I gave my venue the final count and never included ourselves in that count.  Can anyone tell me if they paid for themselves at the wedding or is the bride and groom not counted?

Re: Does Bride and Groom count as a guest

• Options
    If you're eating, you count.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_does-bride-and-groom-count-as-a-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2ed43ee7-ea93-407f-9b53-2a4b427cc971Post:cfc8e627-62fc-4cbf-bb39-0b3fafaba323">Does Bride and Groom count as a guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I gave my venue the final count and never included ourselves in that count.  <strong>Can anyone tell me if they paid for themselves at the wedding</strong> or is the bride and groom not counted?
    Posted by Gails1962[/QUOTE]
    Yes. We needed chairs and food so we counted and paid for ourselves. <div>
    </div><div>Your vendors should also have food and chairs.</div>
  • Options
    Why wouldn't you be included as a 'guest' as far as the venue is concerned? 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

I guess I better let them know as we did include vendors, but never thought to count us in. 

• Options
    Yup, you count as guests.  
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    If you plan to eat, include yourselves in the headcount.
  • Options
    We told our venue "60, plusthe two of us of course!" and they didn't charge for H and I.
  • Options

yes, unless you plan on not attending your own wedding Yell

• Options
    Hey, I'm right there with you OP.  I never would have thought to include us!  I'm glad to have read this thread though! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards