Second Weddings
Options

How Did You Meet?

2»

Re: How Did You Meet?

• Options

FI and I met at a volunteer event for the local Food Bank. It had been about 9 months since my DH had passed away and I was not remotely looking for a relationship - just the opportunity to get out of the house and do something productive. FI arrived late and had a huge bandage on his finger. I think my first words to him were “huh. What happened to you?” I was expecting some interesting story, but it turns out that he had cut his finger on the top to a can of peas while making a broccoli salad. The cut required 4 stitches. I teased him about the obvious lack of excitement in his life. He apparently liked my spunk and thought I was pretty. We spent the next hour side by side sorting through boxes of food (and cans of peas. Lol) and joking around.

After the volunteer event ended, a few of the folks headed to dinner. He asked me to come and commandeered the tables so that we could sit across from each other. We spent the next several hours laughing and talking non-stop. At the end of the dinner he walked me to my car and I drove him to his. As he was getting out of my car he sat back down and asked me to dinner. Two days later he called and we had our first date. We have been together ever since and will be getting married on July 7, 2012 – 2 years to the exact day that we met.

It’s funny, but I think I was so relaxed with FI because I was certain that there was no possibility of our relationship going anywhere beyond friendship or someone to have dinner with on occasion. I have 2 very young children and am a liberal Jewish democrat. He has 2 college aged children and is a conservative Catholic republican.  As it turns out, someone so diametrically opposite is my perfect match. I am happier than I have ever been and we have the most supportive, open, loving relationship that I can ever imagine. I am just counting the days until we make it official and begin the real story.

• Options
    I know this thread is a little old but I've just stumbled across it, and am very pleased to see that I'm not the only one who can credit Yahoo with meeting my  FI. I am always embarrassed when people ask how we met.  We talked for talked for 8 months while he was over in Kuwait with the Navy we met in person for the first time when he had no one to pick him up from the airport when he got home, my mother thought I was crazy but I drove from Maine to New Hampshire to pick him up and have not left his side since.
  • Options
    Yahoo Personals!

He sent me an email with not just a sentence, but many paragraphs. We emailed back and forth for a few weeks and then i gave him my phone number. We talked for another week before we met in person. I was on another date and it was bad, so I called him telling him my plans changed and invited him to meet me out. We talked til bar close....however, it seemed like only a hour. We have been inseperable since.

I stepped outside of the box...my FI was not the normal type of guy I usually would have dated. I'm so glad I stepped outside the box...because I met the most wonderful man. I can't wait to be his wife - 100 days til I say "I DO".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 152 Invited!
    image 104 Are ready to celebrate with us!
    image 44 Will be missing out!
    image 4 Are making us wait for the RSVP!

RSVP Date - 6/15
  • Options
    I met my FI through plentyfish.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

FI and I met in everquest II, when we started playing at launch. My BFF's EQ1 guild had all xfered together and he had been an officer in it. So when I joined, we met and became close friends fast. He's made a few visits out here to hang out throughout the years, but It didn't turn into more until recently, and we're superexcited to be planning a future together

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards