Snarky Brides

where in the f...

Re: where in the f...

• edited February 2012
    Mine skipped the 5 year so I'm waiting on the 10.  It will probably be weird because I didn't leave with a lot of friends (HS kids are aholes) and chose to go to school out of state.  Most of the people I went to HS with are townies.  I lived at home for a couple months after college but moved out of state to live with FI (my conservative mother had a heart attack).  I feel as though I really don't have a connection with any of them so it would be weird to go.  The only interesting thing is to see who got fat or ugly.  

ETA: Edited for spelling.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:48c337dd-7958-4b75-bd0d-e43feaee95b6">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fucking hell you guys, our intern is dumber than a box of rocks.  She just called my news director and asked him if he'd had a chance to listen to her pieces yet.  He told her he didn't receive any pieces to listen to.  She goes, "Well, they're on the desktop."  Yeah.  The desktop of the computer in the intern studio.  Our news director works in a city three hours away.  Are you that fucking stupid? Fuuck. I feel better now.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    It really grinds my gears when people don't understand basic computer functions. In fact, I would say I judge it. We had some dumb interns at my old job too ugh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:dbff50ee-9873-47ba-bea5-e95e37c28a1f">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : It really grinds my gears when people don't understand basic computer functions. In fact, I would say I judge it. We had some dumb interns at my old job too ugh.
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]
    I read this in Peter's voice from Family Guy, and now I'm happy. Thank you.
  • 5 year reunions are a thing?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:48c337dd-7958-4b75-bd0d-e43feaee95b6">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fucking hell you guys, our intern is dumber than a box of rocks.  She just called my news director and asked him if he'd had a chance to listen to her pieces yet.  He told her he didn't receive any pieces to listen to.  She goes, "Well, they're on the desktop."  Yeah.  The desktop of the computer in the intern studio.  Our news director works in a city three hours away.  Are you that fucking stupid? Fuuck. I feel better now.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Ok, in this case I think the rocks are smarter. What the hell is this person doing in the workforce when you dont understand basic computer functions? My 73 yr old mother can get this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm guessing we won't have a 10-year reunion. Our class officers were morons. Plus most of the people I graduated with are still in college...even though it's been 8 years since we graduated. I think they are all enjoying partying too much.
  • LOVE the new pic Poli!

I went to my 10 year with a black eye (from my dog's big fat head) and without my boyfriend of 3 years (he didn't like social situations where he didn't know everyone).  That didn't raise any eyebrows at all.  :/  I don't regret going but it wasn't worth the trip or expense so I won't be going to any others. 

• It irritates me when people don't have computer skills. Especially when they are college aged. It's one thing for my mom to not understand computers but if you went through school with computers how do you not know how to use them? 
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah the intern is dumb. 

I wish I could let you guys hear her voice.  Obviously that would be an invasion of her privacy, lol, but I have no idea why she thinks she's got a career ahead of her in broadcasting.  You either have it, or you don't.  And she is not even close to having it.

She apparently interned with us a year or two before I was even hired and then job shadowed an NPR correspondent in Paris for a year.  And yet she still doesn't understand how to do file transfers.

ETA - this would make her, by my count, roughly 30 years old.  So yeah.  Just wow.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:998b3c2b-e179-477e-96e9-ffa25ea340c1">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It irritates me when people don't have computer skills. Especially when they are college aged. It's one thing for my mom to not understand computers but if you went through school with computers how do you not know how to use them? 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think we're at an era now that knowing how to generally use a computer is just as "required" as knowing how to read and write
  • I love phrases like "grinds my gears" or "burns my ass" and what not.
  • I worked at the computer lab in college and the amount of stupid computer questions I would get asked (by 18-25ish year old college students and grad students for the most part) was staggering. I always learn by trying to do it myself and just screwing around, although it definitely helps to have a manual or a tutorial or whatever as well. I think people are so afraid of screwing something up or breaking something that they just don't want to try anything. But the computers we have now are so much more robust and user-friendly than the ones we had in the 90s. And with some people it was definitely a "do my homework for me please" thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:bc400550-ee95-4e43-b168-ece00e97078d">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love phrases like "grinds my gears" or "burns my ass" and what not.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

One of my sisters will say "that really frosts my cookies!"
    panther
  • howdy. I've been off arguing with idiots about the school shooting yesterday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • oh and I like to say "chaps my ass" I think that's my favorite
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:8070974e-9139-4947-b0b6-a10b3071e61d">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]howdy. I've been off arguing with idiots about the school shooting yesterday.
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I heard about that! How sad! What are the idiots trying to argue?
  • YES I love "chaps my ass."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:8070974e-9139-4947-b0b6-a10b3071e61d">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]howdy. I've been off arguing with idiots about the school shooting yesterday.

Please to be sounding off on this comment I saw in my FB feed today:

"I had a conversation with someone last week about the contrast between schools that have metal detectors and schools where this happens."  followed by a link of the story of the shooting
    panther
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Argh, as expected UPS never showed and now I am stuck here for another 45 minutes at least. There is a lecture in 10 minutes I wanted to go to but that's not happening. I was really looking forward to getting paid to listen to something I actually found interesting! And there may have been wine afterwards! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:8070974e-9139-4947-b0b6-a10b3071e61d">Re: where in the f...</a>:

So, what is the argument about?
  • Yaaaay new hrm arrived. Im surprised it took me that long to replace it, the old one has been telling me I'm dead for months now and was useful only for timing purposes.
  • My 10 year HS reunion would be this year, but I doubt I'll go.  I graduated a year earlier than the majority of my friends.  I guess it depends on how quickly I "bounce back" post partum and whether or not I feel like going.

My 5 year university reunion is this year.  Pretty well anyone I wanted to keep intouch with I have.  We'll see about that one.

People who don't get computer boggle my mind.  Thankfully, everyone around here is decently proficient. 

What really grinds my gears is people who "forget" to check their calendars and somehow manage to miss the meeting we have every week at 8:15 Wednesday mornings.  News flash, it happens every week.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh Jesus, aatb. I swear I don't understand what the fuuck is wrong with people. 

Chels, my biggest problem is that people want to blame guns or say that bullying is the problem/to blame for this. The kid who pulled the trigger is to blame, it's his fault, not anyone else's
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didnt go to my 10 year reunion. 

Ive met a good amount of "famous" people as a bartender.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I'm currently eating a box of Smarties (chocolate covered candies like M&Ms for the American's, not small, tart powdery candies, those are Rockets).  I would love to "eat the red ones last" but there was only 1 red Smartie.  This bothers me somehow.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:e8a54af8-50c3-4a20-8754-e9a8f384e7cb">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : What kind did you purchase? My H has a Polar he really likes, I've been debating purchasing one for myself.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I got the polar FT7, it was way cheaper on amazon.com than any canadian stores too. I don't like "guessing" how many calories I've burned, I want to know an acurate number so I know exactly what I've accomplished
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:37b83f0d-b8bf-4b8d-a8e8-bafd85220215">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : I got the polar FT7, it was way cheaper on amazon.com than any canadian stores too. I don't like "guessing" how many calories I've burned, I want to know an acurate number so I know exactly what I've accomplished
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I have started doing this with my new HRM when I started working out, and I agree it is awesome to see how many cals I burn each time.
  • Koda, holy balls.  Your co-worker is a slore.

I have a cooking question.  Wtf does it mean to "reduce" something.
    panther
  • Is eating the red (Canadian) Smarties last a thing?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:6ab082ce-112d-4ae8-b836-44a862435df7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : This was my exact thought when I read about this incident yesterday. The article I read started talking about his bullying and personal demons in the second sentence of the article. Blame it on the kid- I don't care how often you were bullied, or what terrible things have happened to you, bringing a weapon to school and shooting people is never an appropriate response to anything. The blame lies solely on his shoulders.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    YES! And for anyone to try and say that this wasn't his fault because he was bullied, is freaking crazy. FWIW most of the articles I've read said the kid wasn't even bullied and that he posted something along the lines of "bow at my feet, you all will die" on FB. Sounds like the fucker was looking for some kind of twisted notoriety out of this. The kid is a fucking prick, plain and simple. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards