North Carolina-Outer Banks

Coastal provisions catering

Hi brides!
Has anyone used coastal provisions as a caterer? We just did a tasting and it was excellent and very well priced....is it too good to be true? I'd love to hear from brides that have used them in the past. Thanks!

Re: Coastal provisions catering

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    We used Coastal Provisions and absolutely loved them!  Our guests raved about the food and I would definitely recommend them :)  There were times it felt stressful trying to get in touch with their coordinator, but she came through and delivered in the end.  I had to realize that it was the height of the wedding season and even though it may have taken a few days to hear back from her, she finalized everything and I would still gladly recommend them to anyone.  A few other brides used them and were very happy with their experience as well.

I highly recommend choosing their crab cakes for either a passed appetizer during cocktail hour or as part of your main entree.....they are sooooo good!  :)

Let me know if you have any other questions as far as head count and menu set-up. 

• We didn't use them because we went with the Sanderling but we did have a tasting with them and loved their food! Nina was also the only vendor we met with to follow up with us post tasting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011 did you by any chance serve their BBQ? We are leaning toward serving the BBQ and bourbon chicken with simple sides and apps. Definitely the crab cakes!! We were surprised at how much the apps added to our bill. We are about 1k over what we feel comfortable spending. Any ideas on how to cut it? I know we can talk to them, but I didn't know if you had any tricks up your sleeve : thanks for your reply!
  • We're using Coastal Provisions! As Outer Banks locals, Coastal Provisions Market is one of our favorite restaurants (along with their other 2 in Duck)! We are so excited, in the 6 or 7 years that they've been on the beach they have catered events for our office and at our home and have never let us down!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_coastal-provisions-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:d01bfa3b-9f9e-473f-b8fb-22240324b4d2Post:62d187cc-5b85-4dd0-8542-1375db675316">Coastal provisions catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi brides!
    Has anyone used coastal provisions as a caterer? We just did a tasting and it was excellent and very well priced....is it too good to be true? I'd love to hear from brides that have used them in the past. Thanks!
    Posted by ashleecrabb[/QUOTE]

We used Coastal Provisions and had BBQ. It was so good! Nina worked with us and worked up several draft menus so we could compare prices. As good as the crab cakes are, if you need to cut some $, check out the displays (veggie, fruit, etc.). With the amount of food they supply for the actual dinner, the displays do provide plenty to munch on for apps and cost a lot less than the passed appetizers.
  • We were also thinking about going with Coastal provisions but had some questions on their beer/wine/sodas package. Does the package include any types of beer and is it unlimited supply? Also does anyone know if they travel out to the 4x4 houses?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_coastal-provisions-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:d01bfa3b-9f9e-473f-b8fb-22240324b4d2Post:ec974923-219f-4f7e-89bd-c16742fcc83a">Re: Coastal provisions catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were also thinking about going with Coastal provisions but had some questions on their beer/wine/sodas package. Does the package include any types of beer and is it unlimited supply? Also does anyone know if they travel out to the 4x4 houses?
    Posted by alisha1122[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, it's any type of beer you want to have served at your wedding. I think they might limit it to 3-4 beer choices, but it's all unlimited. I was really worried about running out of beer and they assured me that it wouldn't happen, and if they started to run low, they would run out and get more BEFORE they run out. I know that they are flexible with beer choices because my fiance loves rolling rock (so random) and they assured him that it would be served at our wedding. Best of luck!
  • alisha1122alisha1122 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_coastal-provisions-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:d01bfa3b-9f9e-473f-b8fb-22240324b4d2Post:bf5d91b4-1672-427d-a7ff-c04690a31ef5">Re: Coastal provisions catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coastal provisions catering : To my knowledge, it's any type of beer you want to have served at your wedding. I think they might limit it to 3-4 beer choices, but it's all unlimited. I was really worried about running out of beer and they assured me that it wouldn't happen, and if they started to run low, they would run out and get more BEFORE they run out. I know that they are flexible with beer choices because my fiance loves rolling rock (so random) and they assured him that it would be served at our wedding. Best of luck!
    Posted by ashleecrabb[/QUOTE]

I was only wondering because the beer/wine/soda package is only 11 a person, which is very cheap!! Thank you for the information and I will be contacting them very soon since they sound to be very reasonable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards