Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Flowers with Oasis colored bridesmaid dresses from Davids Bridal?

So I picked out my bridesmaid dresses in the color of Oasis from David's Bridal (which is kind of a teal color for those not familiar with the color), and now I don't know what color flowers to have. I am not having much luck with imagining flower colors or even kinds of flower combinations to have. Anyone who has used this color, or is going to use this color, or just is good at color schemes please help!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Re: Flowers with Oasis colored bridesmaid dresses from Davids Bridal?

• maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think teal looks amazing with orange, purple, or fuschia. I think if you chose one of those and went with kind of a monochromatic, bold bridemaid bouquet, it would look super awesome.

The only color I would avoid is red. Teal is such a complex color (if that even makes sense) that to me, it looks really odd with primary colors.
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?  It the spring/summer I think teal would look very cute with soft pinks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I LOVE Teal and Red!!  I think it is sort of a retro combination look though.  You don't really see it much now but think 50s and it sure was around.  I say - go bold!  *grin*
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just so you can visualize...

That being said - big bold colors may not be what you're going for.  In that case, pinks and whites (or even greens!) would be perfectly lovely.  You could even do yellow.
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, witty... I guess you proved me wrong. I agree that the dark red does look pretty amazing with Teal, but I was just remembering a wedding that I went to that used a deep teal and bright, "stop sign" red. It was a GROSS combo, IMHO.

ETA: Witty, I also agree with the "green" idea. One of my best friends that I used to live with LOVED teal (especially the darker shades, like Oasis is) and there's a light, chartreuse-y green that I love... so pretty much all the common areas of our old apartment were done in a color scheme that included those two colors, with splashes of orange a burgundy. For the broke college girls we were then, our apartment looked quite put-together and pretty :-)
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was to have your WP carry white flowers, and you carry bright teal flowers. I think that contrast would be kind of cool (assuming you're wearing something white-ish), but I don't even know that Oasis-colored flowers exist...
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, you've given me some good ideas to think about. Our wedding is next May, so bright colors would like nice :) Thanks again!!!
  • @aeseverson...I'm just curious as to what flowers you ended up going with? I was thinking of teal dresses and burnt orange flowers, however, I don't know if it's going to be a good combo since oasis is the closest I can get to the color teal I want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards