Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Tuesday!

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• Options
    Morning!

I am still at home today, which is good since my throat still effing kills. And I am still really tired. I have a doctor's appointment in about 30 minutes so she can tell me what's going on with my skin and of course now it doesn't look that bad (I can't tell if I have a rash/reaction or suddenlyhorribly dry skin - I am going to feel like an ass if she just says that I have the worst case of suddenly horribly dry skin ever).

That's it. Oh, and I made muffins yesterday and did a bunch of replacing ingredients and totally messed them up.  So now we have 27 barely edible jumbo pumpkin/banana/chocolate chip/walnut muffins. We will eat them, but they aren't all that good.  Now I know I can't replace regular flour with coconut flour 'just like that'. Sigh. Baking fail.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:f83feb15-f910-49bf-9683-367f698a96fd">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck on the new job, J&K! And on selling your car, Hike. I'm hoping after this year that H can get a new/used truck. His is crapping out since he works it so hard. Not much happening today other than the season premier of Justified <strong>(KD, you watching?).</strong> My landlord/doc wasn't home yesterday so I did't get to ask about my finger. Hopefully they are back today.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I have it ready to DVR! They were showing previews last night and I was squeeing. My DH thinks I'm nuts, he threatens to take it off the DVR list. I would never withold sex....unless you didnt give me my Raylan!

Tonight DH's work collegue is in town, he has known her for 20 years (she's like a sister) and she has been wanting to meet me forever now. So, we are having dinner with her.

Nothing much else going on, just the usual rainy day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:e9624974-ad46-4be0-80b3-bd72103b0e0d">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy 1st day of work, J! It's storming like crazy here and almost 60 degrees, but will be dropping fast and we should have snow flurries this afternoon.  Oddest.weather.ever for January.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]
    It's the same up here too. So weird.

Is the Super Bowl madness starting yet? I found out yesterday my mom and I are going down on the Saturday before the game to check out the Super Bowl village and all of the other festivites. I'm so exited!
  • Options
    Ugh, Anna. I could never clean someone else's house. It would sceeve (sp?) me out so bad. I dont know how you do it.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:b2c65015-a502-47fe-ac50-bf0f8cbd8a18">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes, that sucks. :( Duds, that sounds like our weather. It's not 60, but I woke up to crazy rain.  It was snowing just 2 days ago. It was 6 degrees Sunday, and now in the high 40s. J&K, enjoy your first day. I'm having a rough day. Had to take Leo to the vet to get neutered and he looked at me with betrayed eyes and was sad the whole way. (This could be the lack of food and water all night) Then when we got there, he was shaking when the dogs would bark.  Part of me wonders if he remembers the place since we just adopted him less than 2 weeks ago and thinks we're taking him back to stay.  And to make things even better, he ran into the fireplace this morning right before we left and has big black areas on his fur. I didn't want to give him a bath since he was already mad that I wasn't feeding him AND I didn't want to take him there as a wet kitty. They probably think I'm a bad pet owner.  <strong> Also, my childhood pastor died last night.  I'm so sad for his family; he just turned 60 on Saturday!  He was my pastor from the time I was born til the time I was 21, and so there are so many memories involved. 
    </strong>Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I saw this on your FB last night - I'm so very sorry DJ
  • Options
    DJ- My thoughts are with you.
    What a morning everyone seems to be having.  
    Must have been something in the Monday air.  H wasn't happy at work yesterday.   He said he spent an hour looking at travel sites for us to go on a vacation in May.  And then he researched what a new computer would cost us if he used his corporate discount.  

KD- Right now H has monopolized the DVR, he's recording every episode of "How it's Made".  I figure at least that way, he's not watching it when I want to watch my shows.   
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:b2c65015-a502-47fe-ac50-bf0f8cbd8a18">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes, that sucks. :( Duds, that sounds like our weather. It's not 60, but I woke up to crazy rain.  It was snowing just 2 days ago. It was 6 degrees Sunday, and now in the high 40s. J&K, enjoy your first day. I'm having a rough day. Had to take Leo to the vet to get neutered and he looked at me with betrayed eyes and was sad the whole way. (This could be the lack of food and water all night) <strong>Then when we got there, he was shaking when the dogs would bark.  </strong>Part of me wonders if he remembers the place since we just adopted him less than 2 weeks ago and thinks we're taking him back to stay.  And to make things even better, he ran into the fireplace this morning right before we left and has big black areas on his fur. I didn't want to give him a bath since he was already mad that I wasn't feeding him AND I didn't want to take him there as a wet kitty. They probably think I'm a bad pet owner.   <strong>Also, my childhood pastor died last night.  I'm so sad for his family; he just turned 60 on Saturday!  He was my pastor from the time I was born til the time I was 21, and so there are so many memories involved. </strong>
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe he equates the place with a place of stress or could sense you stressing about it and felt on edge.  It will all be ok... they will dope him up really nice and he'll be fine.  If all goes well you should get him back tonight right?  When I worked at a vet we only kept them overnight if they were cryptorchid usually.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm so sorry about that.  It's hard seeing someone in that position pass away.  60 is pretty young too.  :(</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:83c2be1c-e97e-493a-93a5-a764388a3e26">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, Anna. I could never clean someone else's house. It would sceeve (sp?) me out so bad. I dont know how you do it.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

i hold my breath, jump right in, and console myself with the fact that it's so disgusting that the pay is really good.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss DJ. And your baby will be just fine, but if it makes you feel any better all us pet owners feel the same way. It's their eyes!

BK- Yeah, DH has quite a few DVR'd submarine shows on the history channel. So, I feel ya!

Denise- When do you hear back from the doctor?

Jes- you're probably gone but have a great first day!
  • Options
    I feel all headachy and tired this morning despite going to bed early. I had a crying fit before bed because of work and I still feel out of sorts. I can't think of anything else - should I be miserable or be honest that I hate the direction my job is going and risk being laid off? I don't know what to do. I'm angry, upset, miserable, and feeling a lot of self pity - its not pretty. I'm listening to classical music to try and chill out a bit so I don't get worked up today like yesterday. Lol I did get a chance to piss co-irker off this morning though, that was fun.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:340b5319-48cf-49c2-b604-771a40f4d015">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel all headachy and tired this morning despite going to bed early. I had a crying fit before bed because of work and I still feel out of sorts. I can't think of anything else - should I be miserable or be honest that I hate the direction my job is going and risk being laid off? I don't know what to do. I'm angry, upset, miserable, and feeling a lot of self pity - its not pretty. I'm listening to classical music to try and chill out a bit so I don't get worked up today like yesterday. Lol I did get a chance to piss co-irker off this morning though, that was fun.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Are you basically being pushed into sales or else? And is there anyway to make another lateral move?

Pissing off the Co-irker should be fun, please share more when you do.
  • Options
    She hates being contradicted, she HAS to be right. She was showing off 100$ bills (our new polymer ones) and telling everyone they smelled like maple syrup and I said they didn't - everyone believed me because noone could smell it either lol. They assumed she was trying to trick them! She stormed off hahahaha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:37b0a077-928d-4f07-a336-aa272110952d">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Are you basically being pushed into sales or else? And is there anyway to make another lateral move? Pissing off the Co-irker should be fun, please share more when you do.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Basically. If I don't take over the sales, the department I am in can't run and without the department they cannot afford to keep me so its do the sales or lose my job. I was willing to try but without even taking on all of the customers yet (like 1/3rd so far) I'm already not liking it and quite frankly not good at it. They told me in a meeting last week that if I can't or don't want to do it, they can't promise they would be able to find me another position.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:2cb09e3c-6984-4427-83f3-5bc0f0d4cfea">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Basically. If I don't take over the sales, the department I am in can't run and without the department they cannot afford to keep me so its do the sales or lose my job. I was willing to try but without even taking on all of the customers yet (like 1/3rd so far) I'm already not liking it and quite frankly not good at it. They told me in a meeting last week that if I can't or don't want to do it, they can't promise they would be able to find me another position.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Ugh! Sorry, Nebb. But, I know how you feel, I'm no salesperson either and would be awful at it. Can you keep it up for awhile as you look for something else?

Oh and you CW, is an idiot.
  • Options
    I killed the morning thread :( sorry
  • Options
    Nebb, I truly believe that if a job is going to consistently affect your sense of wellbeing and happiness to the point where you see physiological repercussions it just isn't worth it. I would start looking before quitting but I don't think it is healthy to be stuck in a job you hate.
  • Options
    Good morning.

I'm in a terribly shitty mood today. 

dj, I'm so sorry about your pastor, how devastating for his family and I'm sure all of the people he's helped through out his years. T&P's 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm gonna try but I'm torn between telling them now so we can work something out before so much time/effort is invested in transitioning me into this position and keeping my mouth shut and suffering. I'm worried if I say something I will lose my job but I'm worried if I say nothing I will lose a chance for them to find an alternative. Gah. Thanks KD :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:0e7da725-0aff-4ce8-9b62-277e07d7b772">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, I truly believe that if a job is going to consistently affect your sense of wellbeing and happiness to the point where you see physiological repercussions it just isn't worth it. I would start looking before quitting but I don't think it is healthy to be stuck in a job you hate.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this.
  • Options
    That's essentially what adam said numbers - I applied to 2 last week and was looking tonight, I plan to apply to a few tonight. That's where the anger comes from - I loved my job, I was good at what I was going and happy doing it and I'm being forced to look elsewhere and I may not be as happy.
  • Options
    Nebb, why this change?  Why are they making you do something else anyway? 
  • Options
    jcb, Tuesdays are my mornings that I have meetings in multiple buildings. They have the tunnels closed because of maintenance and I've had to walk about 2 1/2 miles in the pouring down rain already. My clothes and shoes are soaked. And I still have to walk back to my building in a little bit. I'm thinking about hanging out on the docks and seeing if one of the drivers will haul me back to my office. 

Oh and some stupid bitch that Michael works with put some personal shiit about him on FB last night. Some really personal shiit that she shouldn't know. It was a comment on a picture that his g-ma and brothers were commenting on, so he had to tell his family some stuff that he didn't really want to tell them. I was fuming mad all night about it, so I couldn't sleep. I commented back to the dumb bitch but she never responded. I took a screen shot of the comments and if Michael doesn't raise hell at his work about it, I'm going to lose my fucking mind. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The sales guy is being let go - he is a huge issue (works more for the customer than the company, makes lots of mistakes and refuses to fix or take responsibility, is a total diva and can be really disrespectful to everyone including the owner). He is only still around because he is long time friends with the owner and manager and they are giving him x amount of time to find a new job before he is done. Without him though, there is no sales person, hence pushing me into it. They can't keep me without the department creating more cash flow so this was the only option they could come up with so I could stay.
  • Options
    I have had really rough years at work before and generally they led to lots of eating and drinking. Now I manage to use my work stress to my advantage and use it to fuel my workouts but I also know that whatever the challenges in a given year, I only have to make it 10 months til I get a new batch. I have been truly unhappy at work (last year is one example) and made it through but sometimes I wonder if it is worth it.
  • Options
    Good morning! I was hoping for a 2 hour late start due to the snow we got but alas it was not deemed enough so I am going in :) What a rough life, ha! I guess a three day weekend isn't enough to satisfy me anymore!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:3fa54890-1fc9-44ae-a7fc-c29e7e5fa09e">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Denise- I've been thinking about you. Did you update yesterday? How did your appt go? (Unless you don't want to talk about it... I understand.)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<p class="MsoNormal">Sorry for the delayed response Steph, I tried posting before but my computer went haywire…lol</p> <p class="MsoNormal">They still aren’t really sure as to what is going on with me. The ultrasound showed that something is in there. They didn’t hear a heartbeat, but said it could be too early. They took a crapton of blood to get my levels and want to take them again on Thursday. If my numbers double it is good, if not they will probably see it as a miscarriage. They said that I could either be in the process of miscarrying, have an ectopic pregnancy, or everything may turn out fine. The doctor said she has seen many women come in and have it go either way. At this point, we are praying and waiting. Thanks for asking. </p>
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:668a508d-c4bb-46a0-aefa-772fbe65833dPost:6b66e5dc-0e0d-42fa-b5ad-f0fbe2e9aae0">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]jcb, Tuesdays are my mornings that I have meetings in multiple buildings. They have the tunnels closed because of maintenance and I've had to walk about 2 1/2 miles in the pouring down rain already. My clothes and shoes are soaked. And I still have to walk back to my building in a little bit. I'm thinking about hanging out on the docks and seeing if one of the drivers will haul me back to my office.  Oh and some stupid bitch that Michael works with put some personal shiit about him on FB last night. Some really personal shiit that she shouldn't know. It was a comment on a picture that his g-ma and brothers were commenting on, so he had to tell his family some stuff that he didn't really want to tell them. I was fuming mad all night about it, so I couldn't sleep. I commented back to the dumb bitch but she never responded. I took a screen shot of the comments and if Michael doesn't raise hell at his work about it, I'm going to lose my fucking mind. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

WTF? Why would she do such a thing? And I'm with you, I hope he takes this to his bosses. Someone like that is volatile in the workplace. And not just for him.
  • Options
    DJ, sorry to hear about your pastor... (((Hugs)))
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    thanks, dj :)

Denise, I didn't know about any of that, but I'll keep you in my T&P's. Try to keep positive and hopefully all will turn out well. hugs 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Dmil!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards