September 2013 Weddings
Options

got my first wedding gift !!!

Today there was a bang on the door and the UPS guy was walking away - so I hurried up and went and got the package from out front and checked it because the UPS and Fedex guys generally mix our house up with a house around the corner (address numbers start over at the house next to ours because of the way the sub divisions were built - our house used to be in a cul-de-sac before the subdivision next to us was built an they opened up the road )
In any case - i looked at the address expecting to see it be the house around the corner - it was for me - funny because i hadn't ordered anything that i knew of  and neither had anyone else in the house

i opened it up and it was an entire 8 piece flatware set from bed bath and beyond  - forks, salad forks, teaspoons, dinner spons (soup)   knives and ice tea spoons(the really long ones) - and 2 serving spons - my grandmother sent them to us!!!!   this was a complete surprise - and apparently i have another box coming from my aunt - I love them too because they are plain and simple and really for every day use - which we will need because we will be starting off with nothing once we get everything together for an apartment - Super excited though that I got my first real wedding / engagement related present - and was VERY surprised
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: got my first wedding gift !!!

• Options
    How fun! Thanks for sharing! 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! That was very sweet of them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  That's exciting indeed! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Aww neat!  I got my first present a couple of weeks ago - I bought it lol.  But since it's something I'd have registered for anyway, I'm counting it haha!!

That's what I told FI...he side-eyes that :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
  • Options
    That's awesome!  I love getting mail/packages.  Heck, I'm excited about our samples I ordered...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_got-my-first-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:bea08fef-b0f2-4269-ab17-b4e3ffba23caPost:972ea2c5-9049-455b-9937-a35697edf515">Re: got my first wedding gift !!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome!  I love getting mail/packages.  Heck, I'm excited about our samples I ordered...
    Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

I was super excited when I ot my invitation and STD samples - and then when my STDs came in the mail I was thrilled - not so excited about addressing them all though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards