Wisconsin

Venues

My fiance and myself are looking for venues to have our ceremony and reception at.   We would like an outdoor wedding, and would prefer a location with a barn or rustic type theme.  We are looking at areas around Madison or west of.  We both grew up just west of Madison so this area is preferred.  We have looked at the Century Barn in Mt. Horeb, Sugarland in Arena, and Tyrol Basin in Mt. Horeb- so if anyone has had their weddings at these locations any input from you would be greatly appreciated!!  Century Barn and Sugarland are perfect for what we are looking for, but the price seems a little steep for what they offer?   If anyone has any ideas of other locations within that area, we are willing to travel a little, but would like to keep it within an hour of Madison/Mt. Horeb area!  Thank you in advance for all your advice!

Re: Venues

• My fiance and myself are looking for venues to have our ceremony and reception at.   We would like an outdoor wedding, and would prefer a location with a barn or rustic type theme.  We are looking at areas around Madison or west of.  We both grew up just west of Madison so this area is preferred.  We have looked at the Century Barn in Mt. Horeb, Sugarland in Arena, and Tyrol Basin in Mt. Horeb- so if anyone has had their weddings at these locations any input from you would be greatly appreciated!!  Century Barn and Sugarland are perfect for what we are looking for, but the price seems a little steep for what they offer?   If anyone has any ideas of other locations within that area, we are willing to travel a little, but would like to keep it within an hour of Madison/Mt. Horeb area!  Thank you in advance for all your advice!
  • I'm getting married at Sugarland! Hasn't happened yet, so I can't give you a real review, but I think the price is great considering you get the property for the whole weekend. The event coordinator is a little slow at getting back to me, but that's the only complaint I have so far.

I'm not sure if Dodgeville is too far for you, but there's a place called Folklore Village that I was also looking into. I never got to the point of asking for prices, though, so I don't know what range they're in.

Good luck!
  • Just north of Madison in Poynette is Harvest Moon. We considered them but the date we want is pretty non negiotable and they weren't available.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • There is a place in Madison area called badger farm. GEORGEOUS! was just at a wedding this past summer there and loved it. I just recently got engaged and was talking with the bride and she said it was very reasonably priced which is a huge plus! good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards