Registry and Gift Forum

Target v. BBB

The Mr. and I are registering, and I'm debating between Target and BBB (in addition to Macys and a local store). I know BBB has more to offer regarding home appliances but Target carries home goods that are more my style. I'm worried about registering at both because its a lot to keep track of since they carry a lot of the same things. I also feel like choosing both would yield tiny registries at both locations that would just be annoying to those buying. Thoughts or opinions would be sooooo appreciated!

Re: Target v. BBB

• We personally went with Target and Macy's and were very happy with our options.  The locations were also more accessible to our guests than BBB.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-v-bbb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:4f985436-15b8-4357-856d-1368d55993c0Post:4cc16534-d1d6-49a7-a0c2-501ba8688250">Re:Target v. BBB</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would choose BBB between the two. Target has a poor return policy, plus their registry is notoriously glitchy, and also much less user friendly for your guests.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. BBB lets you return things up to 2 years after your wedding date. And in general, they will pretty much take back anything even if it's after 2 years. With Target you only get like 30 days or something stupid like that.
  • Yeah Target's return policy is the same as their normal in-store return policy.  That's fine for products you buy yourself, but not for gifts that start trickling in two or three months early.  I would go with BBB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely go with BBB. There are girls on here all the time complaining about Target's registry.
  • We are doing both, although 97% of our items are on the BBB registry. Target had cheaper camping gear and a couple small appliances.  BBB has been 100% easier to use and manage in terms of finding things that people can go to a store and buy. With Target most of the items you search online are available online only, which can be annoying if you're doing it from home. So I definitely ditto PP about BBB being more user friendly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • We registered at Macys, Target & BBB. However, we only registered for like 118 things total. Our Macys registry only has 25 items on it!! know that our list are small, but I couldnt decide between the three stores. Most of the stuff on our Target one is linens and bed stuff. As far as appliances and the rest of it, they are divded between BBB & Macys. I love using the websites to help update our registry but Targets website is constantly giving me problems on my work pc, home pc & the iphone app I downloaded.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>We did both Target and BBB and honestly our selection at BBB is much better! Not to mention registries are their thing, so they are extremely helpful and the return policy is great. They suggest you put down as much as you can and just come back with things you don't want! Target has some fun stuff, but I felt the BBB was a much more useful place. I think we are going to take of our Target registry all together.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-v-bbb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:4f985436-15b8-4357-856d-1368d55993c0Post:5f019c18-4c6e-4945-a429-249887edb706">Target v. BBB</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Mr. and I are registering, and I'm debating between Target and BBB (in addition to Macys and a local store). I know BBB has more to offer regarding home appliances but Target carries home goods that are more my style. I'm worried about registering at both because its a lot to keep track of since they carry a lot of the same things. I also feel like choosing both would yield tiny registries at both locations that would just be annoying to those buying. Thoughts or opinions would be sooooo appreciated!
    Posted by elizabetforrest[/QUOTE]
  • I didn't even consider Target because friends had registered with them several years ago, and luckily I talked to them often, because Target charged me but never sent the present.  It was a pain to follow up with.  Plus I've heard terrible return policy stuff too.
    I was apprehensive of BBB, but I really enjoyed them.  They have a lot of nice things and are great about registry updates, returns and finishing it.  You also can't beat the 20% coupons.  I also found out that for OOT guests, if they go to the store w/ in-store only coupons, go to the registry counter and choose which gifts they want to send to the couple, they can use the coupon, and shipping is free.  In my experience with ordering on-line for friends before I knew that, I could never find on-line coupon codes, and often had to pay for shipping.

• We did Target, BBB & Kohls.  Our experience was the best at Target.  I also wanted a cheaper option as BBB can be more pricey for many things.  BBB had the fine china that we wanted, however.  Kohls really just had the bedding I wanted...
  • BBB for sure. We registered at Target for our baby shower and had nothing but issues. When it came time to register for the wedding it wasn't something we wanted to repeat. We used BBB and C&B and have no complaints. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had the same issues as bridal march with out baby registry at target. We hated it, such a huge pain to return anything since they some how were removed from our registry after they were purchased, when our registry was supposed to act as a recipt for us. My son is nearly 2 and we still aren't allowed to return things to target!!
  • I will say I think a lot of the Target issues on here are user error.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Expect that duplicate gifts will be an issue with a target registry, it seems like things never get taken off or marked as completed on their registries. I had two friends who both had issues with this, which means you then have to deal with their return policy (a nightmare, I didn't shop their for almost 2 years because of it but that's a different story)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards