New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Glen Island Harbour - Negotiating

Hi Everyone, We are looking to have our wedding at Glen Island next year. Just wondering if any brides had luck with negotiations at the venue (ex: able to reduce the price quoted per person, add on additional free items to the price quoted per person (and examples of what was added on). Any information would help. Thanks!! 

Re: Glen Island Harbour - Negotiating

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Both of my sister's had their weddings there, and basically, they want the price they want for whatever room you choose. You can definitely negotiate and try and get add ons but in the end, they want the price they want for the room you are booking. I'm also visiting them and seeing what we can get for our money.

When is your wedding date?
  • Options
    Oh! And the add ins you might be able to get include:

Pasta Course
    Extra station at cocktail hour

It also depends on time of year, peak, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip!! We're aiming for September 2013 :) How about you?
  • Options
    I'm hoping for April but haven't even had a chance to look anywhere yet! Summer plans are getting in the way of wedding plans! Ha!
  • Options
    Hello Ladies, my mom and I went the Glen Island Harbor yesterday and they want the price tha t they want for the wedding and we had no luck negotiating with them on the price. Basically, after we did the calculations, the cost to have my wedding at Glen Island would cost us over $30,000. It is way out of my budget. As much as we would love to have the wedding there, unfortunately, it's out of our price range so now I'm back to the drawing board. I hope you will have better luck negotiating with them.
  • Options
    I just booked my wedding at Glen Island for January 2014 and I had no luck with negotiating either. I thought I would have a chance because January is "off-peak" for wedding but nope. Good luck!
  • Options

My fiance and I had gone to Glen Island Harbour initially and were told on a Friday in late April (which I don't think was quite peak b/c the man had suggested May was more expensive) it was over $200 a person.  I believe that was before all taxes, etc were added on.  I think they have upped their prices in order to pay for renovations.  I didn't find their rooms or packages to be any more spectacular than other venues.  I actually really liked the room they had for a ceremony, but later found out Catholics must get married in church for it to be valid so the Glen Island was no longer a viable option.  If you are looking for an upscale place that is willing to negotiate depending on what you are willing to negotiate, try the VIP Club (although they are still somewhat pricy).  In the end, future hubby and I decided to go with Marina Del Rey in Throggs Neck b/c they offered a wonderful package for a reasonable price, very personable service, and they had redone their venue pretty recently.  Good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards