Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Easy, time-saving updos for bridesmaids that look elegant?

I have 4 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid, and a flower girl and I'm looking for any suggestions for elegant updos that are easy for our hairstylists to do and won't take a whole lot of time. Also, in your opinion, would it be easier for me to tell them they can do their hair however they would like, as long as it's an updo? (Most of my BMs are out of state and I can't decide if it would be easiest overall, in terms of time, to have everyone wear the same hairstyle or let them pick.) Thanks!

Re: Easy, time-saving updos for bridesmaids that look elegant?

• Options
    Let them pick. And why does it have to be an updo?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Let them wear their hair however they want. It's bridezilla to dictate.
  • Options

Mandating updos is a bridezilla move in my book.  they know how to do their hair and how they want it to look.  Let it go.

• Options
    Reason for wanting updos: it's a formal wedding (black tie optional) and I think it looks more elegant than having hair that is down. Yeah, I'm leaning toward having them do whatever they want with their hair as long as it's pulled back and done.
  • Options
    bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Do they wear their hair up often? If they do I think it's okay to ask if they would wear their hair up, but if someone doesn't want to I wouldn't force the issue. Or if they ask you if you have a preference, you can tell them you'd like for them to wear it up but it's really their decision. You certainly shouldn't dictacte a specific updo.

I have super long but thin hair, and the easiest &quickest updo for me is a low chignon with a few face framing pieces. I just pull it into a low, off center sockbun that I make sure is super smooth.

FWIW, hair can look very elegant down. Polished, Veronica-Lake waves are a perfect example.

Are you requesting guests wear black-tie optional, by mouth or putting it on the invites, or is it just implied?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Look at the red carpet. Those formal affairs you see down or pony tail usually. Occasionally you see it up.
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    First, I would give them a bit more freedom. Perhaps suggest that their hair needs to be "off their face" (aka they can do a half up half down look). 

french braids and similar looks can be dressed up and formal ---and are very quick to do!  my bridal look was actually a french braid with the tail tucked under so that it looked like an updo. everyone loved/commented on it.

for what its worth, i let my girls choose whatever they wanted. 1 had a typical plain curled updo with a part/curls aroudn the face, one had a curled updo with black flower accents in her hair, and one had left it down in curls with a maroon ribbon headband to pull it off her face.  all 3 girls had different hair types, so i was MUCH more inclined to let them choose something that they knew would look good on them.
    they all looked lovely and nobody cared that their hair was different.  they were in the same dress adn shoes -- that was good enough for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards