DC

Can anybody recommend a good travel agent to book a honeymoon?

Can anyone recommend a good agent in the D.C. metro area?  I've seen the suggested agents on the knot's websites, but few of them have actual reviews from real people.  So, pls send any suggestions you have + any tips/lessons learned.  This will be my first time using a travel agent, and I don't want to get duped.  Thanks! 

Re: Can anybody recommend a good travel agent to book a honeymoon?

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The agent I have used for two trips that I and my FI took is with Elite Travel Management.  She works out of Florida.  I've had great trips through her and highly recommend her.  She is very responsive, gives lots of options based on what you want at varying price points.  I've also worked with the owner of the company who speciality is destination weddings and HMs.  If you want more info please PM me. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I have booked our honeymoon with the agent listed below.
    We did a lot of internet research and the information was mind boggling.
    Jim has been to many honeymoon locations/Europe vacations and is
    very knowledgable. The rates he offered us are pretty much on par with
    what the internet was giving us. If you haven't found a travel agent
    already, you should call Jim.

Jim Augerinos
    Perfect Honeymoons & Holidays
    2110C Gallows Road, Suite One
    Vienna, Virginia 22182 USA
    Local Area 703-748-3000 x5
    Toll free USA 800-320-7373
    Jims Cell 571-216-4556
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShiletaShileta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This may be a dumb question, but what are some of the advantages of using a travel agent verses booking yourself?

• bailey1973bailey1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our travel agent is stephanie petros with apple vacations. she plans it from start to finish and all you have to do is tell her:
    dates

tell her nicole referred you. her number is 301 858 0226. she arranged our honeymoon to zoetry spa and resort in riviera maya, mexico. we had a ball
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_can-anybody-recommend-good-travel-agent-book-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:0ebffd80-d28d-4007-a21b-352b98555addPost:c0061262-ee46-41c7-9cbe-36f81fd35386">Re: Can anybody recommend a good travel agent to book a honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may be a dumb question, but what are some of the advantages of using a travel agent verses booking yourself?
    Posted by Shileta[/QUOTE]
    I'm wondering the same thing.  For vacations I have always booked myself through Expedia or Travelocity.  With both of them you can book more than just hotel and airfare, you can book tours, tickets for local events, etc.  I am definitely planning on booking  my honeymoon through an internet site on my own, and not using a travel agent.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • We use Jenn Garbak with TravelWise of Virgina.  I went to VT and she has passed through our whole group of friends.  She's young and really easy to relate to.  She was just featured on District Weddings.
    Her email is jenn@travelwisevirginia.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards