Connecticut

Marriage License Question

So... I don't live in Connecticut, but I will be in the town where I'm getting married (Groton) on Friday.  Friday will be 64 days until my wedding, and Connecticut licenses are valid for 65 days.  Does that mean I can get my license?  Is it 65 days until the date of the marriage, or until it's submitted back to the Town Clerk (which would be at least 67 days for us)?

Thanks!

Anniversary

Re: Marriage License Question

• thats tricky...I called the town where mine is going to be because i am also out of state and she said I could go on my visit the month before or I could also go up to 2 days before the wedding and shouldnt have a problem....2 days before would stress me out so we are going to do it when we go home for our shower/shags the month before...

i would call whatever town you are getting it from and ask!!!!!  Just to be safe!!!

Deanna

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Definitely check with the town and go as early as you can after the 65 day mark. It does not take long at all to (took us one day to go sign etc.& a day to get it back after it was signed).

GL!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • When you get your license it has a "this license is valid until ____" date on it.  You can call and ask what date that would be from the day you apply.
    Anniversary
  • I'm pretty sure it is the date of the wedding, not when the receive it back.  But I would double check.  Also, you anf FI both need to go, it can't just be you.
  • We got ours through the Town Clerk in East Lyme and had it as soon as we left- there was no wait period. As long as it's 65 days (double check, though) til the date of your wedding, it's fine...because ours took FOREVER for the priest to actually submit it back to the Town Clerk.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_marriage-license-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:42728329-5359-416a-b6f4-d54f46c683baPost:6d993e62-bb05-4a59-848e-e25a3d4f9316">Re: Marriage License Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got ours through the Town Clerk in East Lyme and had it as soon as we left- there was no wait period. As long as it's 65 days (double check, though) til the date of your wedding, it's fine...because ours took FOREVER for the priest to actually submit it back to the Town Clerk.
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I needed to know!  Thank you!

Yes, we're going together on Friday, and yes, it's definitely 64 days until the wedding.  I'll call them tomorrow to confirm, but it looks like on Friday we'll be getting our license.  Eeeeeek!!!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_marriage-license-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:42728329-5359-416a-b6f4-d54f46c683baPost:9727aa03-78d8-43ee-8f3d-a723a24b2078">Re: Marriage License Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage License Question : This is exactly what I needed to know!  Thank you! Yes, we're going together on Friday, and yes, it's definitely 64 days until the wedding.  I'll call them tomorrow to confirm, but it looks like on Friday we'll be getting our license.  Eeeeeek!!!!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Soooo exciting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards