Utah

Studio 1 Photography?

I have an appointment with Studio 1 in SLC in a week to see what I would like to do ( I won a prize package) I just want to make sure they work well. Let me know if anyone knows about them please!

Re: Studio 1 Photography?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't used them personally... but have heard nothing but good things about them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Katherine611Katherine611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They said I won a prize pack too, and they called my cousin last summer.  In our case, it turns out that they offered me a discount, but only if I bought a more expensive package.  I hope that's not the case here though!
  • edited December 2011
    they said that i won a package as well, and when i met with them found out it was a discount on a package
  • edited December 2011
    HA HA HA... Well... I won a package too... Hmmmmm... We're going to go with them anyway, but it seems this might be how they get us in lol. We went to pick our package and such, they were very friendly and seemed very professional. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I know this might be a little late but I would not recommend them.  My friend won a package at a bridal show but my husband was already contracted to shoot her wedding.  She called and they told her it was an $800 credit towards a package.  She told them she already had a wedding photographer and asked if she could use the credit for a family photo shoot (her fiance has 2 kids).  They said she could as long as she paid $50 for the disc.  They told her that she would only have to pay $50 for a disc with full copyrights and the disc would be ready in 5 days.  We just went in to view them with her, the quality was so low it looked like a wal-mart photoshoot.  The girl told her she had a $100 credit to spend on anything in their book.  Their view only disc is $125 alone and the copyright disc is $275.  They told her that the discs take 2.5 weeks to get to her (she's getting married in 2 weeks and asked specifically if they would be ready for them to print in time and they promised they would).  They said they could turn it around in 48 hours for $60.  My opinion from what I've seen is they lure you in the door to get low quality photos for far too high a price.  They will tell you anything to get you to sign a contract with them and not follow up on any of it.  My firend's experience isn't the only bad thing I've heard about the so called studio.  If you did go with them I hope that you're one of the lucky ones that love your photos and have a great wedding!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever you do...don't use Studio One.  They promise everyone that they've won a bridal package - mine was supposed to be $800 worth and I had already contracted with a photographer for day of, so I opted to use that as a credit toward engagements.  They said everything would be included, pictures and copywrites and that I could have them within 5 days of taking the pictures.  I paid $50 for the difference, and went to proof my pictures and was told I'd have to pay an additional $225 just to get the pictures on a disk and that they would take 2 and a half weeks to get unless I wanted to pay an additional $60 fee to rush them...my wedding is in 2 and a half weeks and we wanted to have pictures printed for the wedding.  I was told 5 days, which would have worked.  No one ever knows what's going on there and they promose the world and deliver nothing...plus, the pictures were horrible.  Looked like we were in a dark basement and had completely no directly from the photographer as to how to stand or what to do...if they were amazing I wouldn't be nearly as upset about paying more, but they looked like Sears did them.  Heed my warning...seriously.
  • edited December 2011

Im using Studio One. we won a 750 dollars worth package with is 3 hours of photography. They clearly mentioned that it doesn't include copywrites to the pictures but I have four hundred dollars in credit which i can use to get a complete dvd of all of my pictures ($400.00), and I will own the copywrite. We also got another 700 dollar package as well that we paid for and it was one hundred dollar deposit which I can get back or apply to print credits. I always get everything in writing and he signed it. So far so good. I will keep updated If anyone would like.

• edited December 2011

Owner Rebekah Teasdale Smith  You need to google these names
    MANAGER Russell Dana smith 
     AKA Russ Dixon 
    AKA Russell A Smith
    John P Leary
    Russ photography

BEWARE DO NOT PAY WITH CASH
    Pay with credit cand if you get scammed you can dispute with card company and get your cash back

This Business is not BBB Accredited D rating

XPOSE

Find a Location

Phone: (801) 290-2893Fax: (801) 290-2895453 W 400 S # 101, Salt Lake City, UT 84101http://www.xposellc.com

www.bbb.org/utah/images/2/CBBB-ratingbadges/cbbb-non-accred-d.png" alt="BBB® Non-Accredited D Rating" title="BBB® Non-Accredited D Rating" />
    On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Ratingwww.bbb.org/business-reviews/ratings/">BBB Ratings System Overview
  • edited December 2011
    I called golds gym SUGAR HILL SLC today about 2011 model search 
    They said studio 1 placed ad and it is a scam  they told me to call their corporate office asap
     If you been scammed by studio 1 call salt lake city police and FBI  ASAP

You are here: Home / Job Search in Utah / Gold's Gym Model Search 2011 (Utah County)

Gold's Gym Model Search 2011 (Utah County)

Posted by on October 13, 2010 · Leave a Comment 

WP Greet Box icon
    Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.

Do you want to become the new face of Gold’s Gym? Gold’s Gym is looking for a new, fresh face to represent their campaign. Studio 1 Photography is taking the pictures and coordinating the casting for this campaign. The winners receive a 1 year paid contract with a 20K prize package. Send a picture, phone number, and paragraph, why you should be the new image of Gold’s Gym to katie@xposellc.com. Please only serious inquires.

Katie Evans

Modelling Coordinator

Studio 1 Photography

435 W. 400 South, Suite 101

Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Source:Gold's Gym Model Search 2011 (Utah County)

• edited December 2011
    4. Written by Former Employee on March 25, 2011

I can vouch for Xpose Photography's shady practices. They encouraged all sales "slaves" to promote something that was in essence a scam. I watched the owner, a convicted criminal, post ads online claiming to be a bride whose wedding was cancelled, and was giving away her flowers, her cake, and OF COURSE, her photography. When someone would reply to the ad, of course only the photgraphy was left. And it was the strange amount of 1 1/2 hours. Top studio my a%*. Changing the company name and moving locations doesn't change the fact that Xpose/Studio One is a ripoff and should be avoided at all costs! My advice? Report Russ Smith and his shady business to Get Gephart!!!
  • edited December 2011

By Bob Mims, The Salt Lake Tribune Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News

Oct. 13--What federal prosecutors called the nation's marquee Internet fraud case concluded Tuesday with the sentencing of eBay laptop swindler John P. Leary to more than four years in prison.

In addition to a 50-month term to be served at Nellis Federal Prison Camp, a federal minimum security facility in North Las Vegas, Nev., Leary, alias Russell Dana Smith, was ordered by U.S. District Judge Tena Campbell to pay nearly $885,000 in restitution to his victims. She did not impose a fine.

Prosecutors say Leary, as the owner of the now-defunct Liquidation Universe, auctioned …

• edited December 2011

Promotional Model- Miller Lite Bat Babes (Salt lake City)

CALL FBI AND POLICE SALT LAKE CITY IF YOU BEEN SCAMMED

Date: 2011-06-06, 1:42PM MDT
    Reply to: job-vbxwx-2424670859@craigslist.org [www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts" target="_blank">Errors when replying to ads?]

Promotional models needed!
    Work with one of the most recognized names in the industry Miller Lite.
    Miller Lite Promo Models are required to be at least 21 or older
    Models will be asked to attend events like the Salt Lake Bees Baseball game's and other events in Clubs/Bars in Salt Lake City.
    If you are out going and energetic and a people person please contact Tyler at 801-456-9776

• Compensation: Pay is between $25 and $35 per hour depending on experience and position held.
    • This is a part-time job.
    • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    • Please, no phone calls about this job!
    • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 2424670859
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards