October 2012 Weddings

Confession Thursday

If anyone has anything to get off of their chests, here's the place.
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Confession Thursday

• I confess that I really, really hate Christmas. This time of year just gets me down, and I can't pull myself up. I'll be okay, it always happens in December.

Also, I confess that I'm so flipping sick of womanhood, ha. I have an ovarian cyst and my doctor has said to take it easy so it doesn't burst and H is frustrated with having to pick up the slack for me. This is certainly adding to item number one, ha.
    Anniversary
  • I confess that I have baby fever really bad.  I try not to let it get the best of me but sometimes it is hard.  I feel like I am getting old and get nervous that I won't be able to even have kids.  I just found out the DH's sister is pregnant with their 2nd and I am a little jealous.  *Sigh* maybe next year...
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I confess that I get REALLY annoyed by how many charities I'm asked to donate to at this time of year. I already volunteer at the humane society, have adopted a cat, say yes to donating $2 for shelter animals when I shop at Petsmart, usually say yes to most "add $1 to your bill" at the checkout of the grocery store or Walmart. I also make a point to buy the "pink" stuff whenver possbile to support breast cancer research (a cause close to my heart). Plus H and I have a sponsor child!

But whenever I'm stopped at streetcorners or in shopping malls and asked to donate to all these other things and I say no I'm always given a dirty look. If I wanted to support your charity I would have done so during the rest of the year. If I said yes to everything I would become in need of charity myself. Leave me the F alone!
    Anniversary
  • I'm a little irritated with our photographer for saying that he was sending out our cd the week of Thanksgiving, but really it went in the mail today.....I would have been manually downloading pictures in order to get our parent's albums started by now!  I'm pretty sure Christmas presents aren't going to make it to Iowa on time now!

I know it's really weird and petty, but I'm still shocked that so many people didn't or haven't gotten us gifts for the wedding.  Rarely would I come empty handed to a party where food and beverages are provided, and I would never show up empty handed to a wedding.  Oh well!

I'm getting a little more bummed as Xmas approaches since it will be my first away from home... :(

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4f7e5c88-4d54-49c8-8fb2-d68ee16bccc9Post:e78b6a6a-267a-494f-aed5-d06cc379ac92">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little irritated with our photographer for saying that he was sending out our cd the week of Thanksgiving, but really it went in the mail today.....I would have been manually downloading pictures in order to get our parent's albums started by now!  I'm pretty sure Christmas presents aren't going to make it to Iowa on time now! <strong>I know it's really weird and petty, but I'm still shocked that so many people didn't or haven't gotten us gifts for the wedding. </strong> Rarely would I come empty handed to a party where food and beverages are provided, and I would never show up empty handed to a wedding.  Oh well! I'm getting a little more bummed as Xmas approaches since it will be my first away from home... :(
    Posted by lwoehlk[/QUOTE]

LW you're the one where 1/3 of your guest list didn't give gifts, right? If so I'd probably be semi-upset about it too.

We only had maybe 5 people who didn't and a few of them I'm not surpised about. There's one that says they have it and it's wrapped and another who told us what they're getting us, they just actually have to go get it.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4f7e5c88-4d54-49c8-8fb2-d68ee16bccc9Post:1f5ca792-7998-43dc-835c-9f1db112b177">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confession Thursday : LW you're the one where 1/3 of your guest list didn't give gifts, right? If so I'd probably be semi-upset about it too. We only had maybe 5 people who didn't and a few of them I'm not surpised about. There's one that says they have it and it's wrapped and another who told us what they're getting us, they just actually have to go get it.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it works out to be around 1/3 when you consider couples together and that we had a relatively small wedding.  It's silly, I know, but it just seems so crazy to me based on everything I've ever known and done being invited to a wedding.  I'm not really upset about it per say, just surprised I guess.  Overall we are very blessed and don't <em>need</em> the gifts, and we very happy so many could join us on our wedding day.....but I'm still surprised nonetheless.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4f7e5c88-4d54-49c8-8fb2-d68ee16bccc9Post:c048dbb5-da41-4d88-a803-5867326a4989">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have baby fever really bad.  I try not to let it get the best of me but sometimes it is hard.  I feel like I am getting old and get nervous that I won't be able to even have kids.  I just found out the DH's sister is pregnant with their 2nd and I am a little jealous.  *Sigh* maybe next year...
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

I have severe baby fever. Unfortunately, DH does not want kids. I knew that going into this so I just deal. It doesn't help that practically everyone I know is pregnant.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that all of the family drama in H's family is really putting a damper on my Christmas and holiday spirit. Not of it involves me but it definitely affects H and I hate seeing him all bummed out and depressed. I wish that his mom, dad and sister could all just keep their drama to themselves.
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Achi, I feel the same way!  It really bugs me with the Salvation Army bell ringers. If I gave to every one I saw, I wouldn't be able to pay for myself.  I give to charity throughout the year and don't need to give to every hand at Christmas-time also.

I have lost motivation to clean the house.  I've barely cleaned since before the wedding.  There is clutter every where.  I have let it go so bad that now it's hard to clean and organize because there is so much crap.  H calls me a hoarder, but I'm not.  I'm just overwhelmed.  He tried to help last weekend and I've found throughout the week that he threw out a few things that I needed.  I guess I need to do it myself.

I don't want to clean so much that I've started to look for houses because in my head, moving will help me avoid cleaning.  In reality, I know if we moved I'd have to massively de-clutter.
  • I really want to have a baby and be a stay-at-home Mom...I'm tired of working 12 hours shifts at the hospital caring for other families when I could be caring for mine.
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4f7e5c88-4d54-49c8-8fb2-d68ee16bccc9Post:ab02150e-d367-4ce8-aab0-47f7e5db7934">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Achi, I feel the same way!  It really bugs me with the Salvation Army bell ringers. If I gave to every one I saw, I wouldn't be able to pay for myself.  I give to charity throughout the year and don't need to give to every hand at Christmas-time also. <strong>I have lost motivation to clean the house.  I've barely cleaned since before the wedding.</strong>  There is clutter every where.  I have let it go so bad that now it's hard to clean and organize because there is so much crap.  H calls me a hoarder, but I'm not.  I'm just overwhelmed.  He tried to help last weekend and I've found throughout the week that he threw out a few things that I needed.  I guess I need to do it myself. I don't want to clean so much that I've started to look for houses because in my head, moving will help me avoid cleaning.  In reality, I know if we moved I'd have to massively de-clutter.
    Posted by samanthaeisner[/QUOTE]

<div>If you can afford it or swing it even once, get a house cleaning service! I see Groupons for them all of the time and it would be SO worth it. Have someone else get it all clean and then that might help you sort though the rest of the clutter. Good luck!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4f7e5c88-4d54-49c8-8fb2-d68ee16bccc9Post:e130ede2-b36c-45a0-b846-c796d6b3ae1d">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want to have a baby and be a stay-at-home Mom...I'm tired of working 12 hours shifts at the hospital caring for other families when I could be caring for mine.
    Posted by ReyesToy[/QUOTE]

Holy crap that picture is amazing!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_confession-thursday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4f7e5c88-4d54-49c8-8fb2-d68ee16bccc9Post:a4f8ace7-8c87-4fd1-9039-53665085ae3e">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confession Thursday : Yeah, it works out to be <strong>around 1/3 </strong>when you consider couples together and that we had a relatively small wedding.  It's silly, I know, but it just seems so crazy to me based on everything I've ever known and done being invited to a wedding.  I'm not really upset about it per say, just surprised I guess.  Overall we are very blessed and don't need the gifts, and we very happy so many could join us on our wedding day.....but I'm still surprised nonetheless.
    Posted by lwoehlk[/QUOTE]

<div>Dont feel bad, I think only 1/3 of our guests gave us a gift. Out of 40 guests (most paired) we got 7 gifts, all of which were not on our registry, and we received no receipt so we cant even return them. Our kitchen table is full of kitchen appliances that we have no idea on what we are going to do with them. We received 2 blenders, one looks like its regifted from their wedding, and we already own a blender so we didnt even ask for a blender on our registry. Oh and we got a hot cocoa maker and a omelet maker... no idea on what to do with either of those... But I realized money was tight so I wasnt really expecting much. half the people who came to my bridal shower didnt bring a gift either, and they were the same ones that didnt bring a gift to the wedding either.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards