New York-New York City

Surf Club New Rochelle?

Has anyone picked this venue/know anyone thats been married here? My fiancee and I recently visited this place....the's gleary-eyed and doesnt want to look at other options. I'm from Canada, and only had a short time to come check it out. Kinda short and not to the point.....but what i think im saying is HELP! Hahaha

Re: Surf Club New Rochelle?

• edited December 2011
    Check previous posts on New York - Hudson Valley board
  • edited December 2011
    This is a great venue specially if you're using the outdoor portion for your ceremony. This venue is recently re- done and they did a fantastic job with it. I've been to a few weddings there. The food is good and the grounds is gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    I know they recently did renovations. Check other places on the strip just to make comparisons.  I checked out the Greentree Country Club and Vip country club.  I fell in love with VIP.  There are plently of options in that area- actually right down the street.  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a company party there and it was pretty great!
  • kinobeanokinobeano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Surf Club is beautiful but it just wasn't my style.  We opted for the V.I.P. Country Club right down the road and couldn't be happier!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Glen Island is also really beautiful if you want something right on the water!
  • kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Glen Island!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nancyharkins1nancyharkins1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Surf Club was not our style either, we loved Glen Island but went with Beckwith Pointe because they gave us a better deal!
    soontobemrs!
  • edited December 2011
    Surf Club looks pretty amazing, but I didnt get a good vibe by Carlo who brought us around and gave us our quote.  He was about 20 minutes late for our appointment.  As he guided us up to the main ballroom, he seemed a little rushed.  he stopped us infront of the shark tank which has a tropical fish in it as well.  He stopped there for five minutes watching the tank "concerned" that the shark looked like he was going to eat the fish and made it apparent that the fish was $800.  He brought us into the grand ballroom which was very beautiful, and then to the patio where the cocktail hour would be again.  Very beautiful.  And for bad weather, the side panels come down. In winter months, the panels come down and there are outdoor heaters.  But before we could really appreciate it, he walked over to the pool to talk to some other people for a good 10 minutes and didnt even explain the space until we were sitting in his office.  Bridal Suites are spacious too.  The ceremony would be done outside, or if weather is bad, in the ballroom area.  They charge $1000 for a ceremony fee which is ridiculous.  They are very "italian" so if you have a theme or culture that is non-italian, this probably wont be a good place in terms of food.  I just didnt get a good vibe from the guy, and the place didn't feel right.  Ultimatley, we picked Glen Island Harbour Club which is right on the water and i am very pleased. The place is gorgeous,spacious, and on the water.  Unbelievable amount of food.  Plentiful outdoor area, and can even appreciate the water at night as they have overhead lights that extend out to the water about 20feet.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards