California-Inland Empire

Already married...

Hello everyone! Okay, so I have been with my husband for over 9 years, married for a little over 2 years... We were planning our wedding 3 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my little chunky monkey : we got married after baby but only through court... So now we are planning our wedding, but I'm not the average girl who wants a big wedding... We are having about 60 guest and I already bought my dress without having a venue I know, kind of backwards :/ it's pretty elaborate and elegant... So my question to you guys is if you haven't already fallen asleep where do I have my wedding!!! I live in so cal, inland empire area. Also if you can give me ideas for reception... Both families don't dance so I didn't want dj or dance floor... What else to do? Sorry so long, but boy does it feel good to let it out here : thanks!

Re: Already married...

• Hiii again,
    I am also from SoCal (Riverside County) and I’m getting married on 9/29. First of all, let me tell you, TK really doesn’t welcome these types of weddings; they’re considered vow renewals or PPD (Pretty Princess Day). It depends on the vibe and time of day but some people will call your event fake and as far as stupid. I am getting the impression you’re planning a Catholic ceremony. I am Catholic as well and this is referred to as Convalidation; Just another word for couples who’ve been married outside the Church and want to receive their marriage sacrament. I completely understand however that the Church does not recognize civil unions and you’re not considered married until you’ve done so in the Church.  

To answer your question, I’d still have music just to play while people mingle and chat. You can still serve cocktails and dinner and have the traditional father/daughter dance, toasts, BP introductions. If your family doesn’t dance maybe you can save money by having a short reception of 2-3 hours. Venue depends on your budget. My budget was very low, 10K for 150 people so I chose a small banquet hall in Ontario. It’s really pretty but not Mission Inn material.  Lol. Anyway; Happy Planning and Congratulations.

• Thanks for responding! I'm not catholic by the way lol... Just doing a "vow renewal" with my husband cause we didn't have a wedding the first time around, and figured our 10 year anniversary would be a great time to do so, so we can have our immediate family and friends with us. I don't see any reason why "tk" wouldn't welcome something like this... I feel we are all here for different reasons but here for the same big picture. To get married to the person we love the most! I hope no body gets offended or mean about my post. I wish everyone happy planning
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_already-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69Discussion:cf9816c9-0b49-4883-98b2-990b68b52b33Post:ccaa8688-386e-4661-b671-f8ffa7c6c002">Re:Already married...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for responding! I'm not catholic by the way lol... Just doing a "vow renewal" with my husband cause we didn't have a wedding the first time around, and figured our 10 year anniversary would be a great time to do so, so we can have our immediate family and friends with us. I don't see any reason why "tk" wouldn't welcome something like this... I feel we are all here for different reasons but here for the same big picture. To get married to the person we love the most! I hope no body gets offended or mean about my post. I wish everyone happy planning
    Posted by Mammaguat[/QUOTE]
    oops. sorry. lol.
  • Hello! I mostly looked at outdoor locations.. idk if that will work with what u want, but here are some of the places I looked into:

Camarillo Ranch in Camarillo.. a little out of the IE but a nice garden for the ceremony and a very pretty barn  for the reception

Highland Springs Resort in Cherry Valley.. this place is so beauitful, but can be a little pricey

Mitten Building in Redlands.. I believe they have a room for smaller weddings and no dance floor

Crestmore Manor in Riverside.. this is the one i went with, it has a beauitful pond on the property and its completely DIY

hope this gives u a good starting point!
  • Thanks aprilwoody! I appreciate your help! I've looked at the Highland spring resort and it is gorgeous!
  • IHello,

Congradulations on your recent engadement! I am a DJ very to close to your area.
    My rate goes at $100 /hr and I have just booked a batch of weddings for next year.

Please contact me if you are interested at having me at your wedding.
    I can provide music samples and references at request.

Thanks,
    Shawn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards