Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Do Affordable Wedding Venues Exist in ATL??

I've been researching and visiting venues for our 2012 wedding and haven't been able to find anything affordable that's still 'nice' even when looking at a Sunday in the off season.  We are only expecting to invite 50-80 people, so spending $3K on just the venue is out of the question.  Would also like to have both ceremony/reception in the same place.  Any suggestions on unique venues that won't break the bank? 

Looking for rustic, historic, or even a private home for rent near ATL.  We are not very religious and our families are from different religious backgrounds so no church/temple.  Most of our guests are from other cities so would like to keep 30-45 min from airport.  Trying to stay away from hotel ballrooms since its not really "us" and my fiance stays in hotels for work (travels) more than he stays in our house.

I have checked out places like Emory (that seemed reasonable until you read the fine print where they have a $6K catering minimum even for parties my size), Trolley Barn (LOVED, but too $$), Vinewood, Serenbe, Solarium, Avondale Lakehouse, Flint Hill/Atrium, Callonwalde, Botanical Garden, DeKalb History Center, etc

Please help!!

Re: Do Affordable Wedding Venues Exist in ATL??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about state parks? FI and I are getting married in Villa Rica, at a ranch it's about 40 minutes west of ATL, you do everything yourself but it's about $650 for three days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine was a community center. far from the airport(north OTP, Canton) but $650 for the day.
    clicky
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Marlow House has a package for 50 people for less than $5k (ceremony and reception- incl space food cake drinks). Click here for pacakges. 

Also the Whitlock Inn *I've heard* is reasonable.... what exactly are the terms of your budget? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    ward6367ward6367 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.ccwa.us/community-use-buildings

Here is a link to affordable place not too far from the airport.
  • Options
    kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wimbish House in Midtown.  I can't remember the exact price of the venue (i THINK it was close to 3K on a Saturday- so it would be less on a Friday or Sunday).  But where you can really make up for a lot of the cost is that you can bring in your own catering and alcohol.  It is close to MARTA and hotels for your OOT guests.  We liked it a lot but it was too small for our guest list, but could work for you.  Good luck!
  • Options
    MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_affordable-wedding-venues-exist-atl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:e761665f-172d-4a10-9dc2-b485b035d584Post:06a9e257-3826-4771-8d7b-d472dcae5525">Do Affordable Wedding Venues Exist in ATL??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been researching and visiting venues for our 2012 wedding and haven't been able to find anything affordable that's still 'nice' even when looking at a Sunday in the off season.  We are only expecting to invite 50-80 people, so spending $3K on just the venue is out of the question.  Would also like to have both ceremony/reception in the same place.  Any suggestions on unique venues that won't break the bank?  Looking for rustic, historic, or even a private home for rent near ATL.  We are not very religious and our families are from different religious backgrounds so no church/temple.  Most of our guests are from other cities so would like to keep 30-45 min from airport.  Trying to stay away from hotel ballrooms since its not really "us" and my fiance stays in hotels for work (travels) more than he stays in our house. I have checked out places like Emory (that seemed reasonable until you read the fine print where they have a $6K catering minimum even for parties my size), Trolley Barn (LOVED, but too $$), Vinewood, Serenbe, Solarium, Avondale Lakehouse, Flint Hill/Atrium, Callonwalde, Botanical Garden, DeKalb History Center, etc Please help!!
    Posted by CH23[/QUOTE]

Check out this place called Spring Hall on Bufurd Hwy. From what I hear they are very affordable and work with varying budgets. AND its very nice!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try the College Park Womens Club.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard that a place named the Wahoo Grill in downtown Decatur is a nice venue.  It's a restaurant, but has a nice courtyard area that hosts weddings.  Their food is pretty reasonable too.

There's also a community center in Chamblee that may fit the bill.

You may also be able to use this link to do venue research or you can call the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
    http://www.atlanta.net/rfp/venues.aspx

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was at a winery/vineyard, and the venue rental fee (then) was $1500.  I believe it's $1750 now.  There are HUNDREDS of places under $3000 for a venue rental fee.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Wimbish house, also, try 5season's brewery -- it's a really cool venue, but it was too small for us. The food there is great, and it's definitely budget friendly!
  • Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation for Wahoo Grill. We have brunch there all the time and LOVE their gorgeous patio (which is covered) and their food. They also do weddings regularly, so the process should be easy. We would have considered them but our group is too big. Your size sounds perfect.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jpatl67jpatl67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same dilemma you did when we researched venues last year. I agree on 5 Seasons Brewery on the Westside. There is no rental fee. Just a minimum on food and beverage and it was very reasonable. And you can do an outdoor ceremony (no fee). The food at 5 Seasons is outstanding and it is one of our favorite restaurants. The only reason we didn't choose the venue is due to the worry of the power lines appearing in the background in our pictures. If you're not picky, then this is one worthwhile checking out! 

Another one to consider is Studio 887 which is at King Plow Arts Center. It's a smaller more intimate event space than the King Plow Events Gallery and fairly reasonable to hold a ceremony and reception. The ceremony would be held in the courtyard outside Studio 887. The caterer is Bold American and they are not cheap. But their food is high quality and worth every penny. Good luck! 
  • Options
    latoya3709latoya3709 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old Courthouse on the Square is running a special right now - we just booked and got 25% off the price - that's in Downtown Decatur.

You have to use one of their approved caterers, but both Soiree and Bold are working with our budget.  You can bring in your own decor and alcohol, and have both ceremony and reception there.
  • Options
    CH23CH23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  Please keep them coming!
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try the Mary Gay House.
  • Options
    The Garden Hills Pool Rec Center off Wesley in Buckhead is a pretty inexpensive site if you are not looking for a super fancy kind of place.  It's $350 Friday or Saturday from 5 -11, has an outdoor deck, a kitchen, a fireplace, tables and chairs and they have their calendar online so you can tell quickly if it's booked or not.  It's on my list of places to check out since I live a few blocks away and it's close to the stretch of churches on Peachtree.  I have never been inside but it's in Garden Hills Park and is cool and funky from the outside at least!  I don't know all the rules but you can't beat the price. Laughing

http://gardenhillspool.com/
  • Options
    We are getting married at Peach Brandy Cottage in Dawsonville. They can do the catering or they allow you to bring in your own caterer. Their prices are VERY reasonable. They are on Facebook, and have a website with photos and lots of info http://peachbrandycottage.com

We found that if you go outside Atlanta a little bit you can get much better prices.  Good luck with your search. 
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    Saville Art Studios in Peachtree City hosts weddings for all budgets- they are awesome. I've had an event there and they bent over backwards making sure every detail was covered. They're about 45 minutes from the airport. They have a courtyard behind the studio, a ceremony would be lovely there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards