Wisconsin

Affordable photographer

I am looking for a photographer with affordable rates. We are trying really hard to stay within our budget and need to find someone who would be under 1750. Any suggestions?

Re: Affordable photographer

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lisa Mathewson - she has a nice package for $1800 (the one we are using) or a smaller one for a little less.  www.lisamathewson.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I decided on Laura Zastrow (laurazastrow.com).  Her basic wedding package is $1750 for 8 hrs of photography, an engagement session, and a disc with edited photos and rights to print.  Even with travel expenses (she's based out of Madison and will be traveling to our wedding venue in Brookfield) and tax, our total is around $1890.  Her retainer (i.e. deposit to hold your wedding date) is also only $200, which I thought was great considering a lot of photogs I looked into wanted 50% down!  I hope this helps. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located at by my photographer is relatively cheap. Photos by Yesenia.  She is an old neighbor of mine who has also done family pictures for my sister.  You can check out her websites to see her work. http://www.photosbyyesenia.blogspot.com/ and http://wwwphotosbyyesenia.showitsite.com/#/home/
    Weddings:
    starting @ $800* (up to 6 hours)
    2-8x10
    50 4x6's
    1-Cd w. copyrights
    1-your own webpage and secure password
    (will travel to Il, MI or MN) for an additional charge. Please ask for details.

Engagement Photos:
    $175 up to 2 hours
    25 4x6's
    1-Cd w/ Copyrights
    1 -your own webpage and secure password
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There were a quite a few on theknot local photographer page that were within that budget. Also if you find a photographer just out of your range, ask them if they will shoot by themselves, (having a back-up photographer costs a lot) if your comfortable with that they may work with you. Always look at the package and see if there are things you can cut out.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally using lisa matthewson too! Her work looks wonderful so far and her prices are great too! She's been super nice to work with also! But she is booked for weddings for this year, not sure when yours is.
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    edited December 2011
    krishy - When is your wedding and have you done your e-pics with her yet?  We are on 4/16 (yikes!) and our pics turned out great (see Kristen & Joel on her blog - taken the last weekend in Feb).
  • edited December 2011
    I also am using Lisa Mathweson. She fits RIGHT in your budget and I think she's fantastic. My fiance and I love our engagement photos and can't wait to work with her on our big day! Check out her website:

www.lisamathewson.com

Make sure to read her blog! She blogs after every photo shoot so you can see her most recent work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • readytogo10readytogo10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Focal Point Photography and getting 6 hours for.... wait for it........ only $1100!! (no prints, just the CD) I met with him, saw his work, and feel completely comfortable with my choice!!!

http://www.focalpointphotowi.com/

pm me if you want any more info :)

~Jenny

• edited December 2011

We're going with a gal named Bobbi w. The Salty Peanut Photography (unique name, I know!).  She's based out of the Madison area but travels (we are doing our engagement pics near Sheboygan and getting married in central Wisconsin).  She has different packages but her top one is only 1500; that includes the engagement session, a cd of all of your pics, a 100 dollar printing credit, and her shooting from getting ready for your wedding through the reception.  And she's really nice! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our engagement session is April 20th! So looking forward to it! And I follow her blog practically daily! I did see yours! I really love her pictures! <3
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    edited December 2011

Can't wait to see yours, kirschy!  Our wedding is 4/16 so both of us should be in her blog the same week.

• KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joe Hang! I believe his package runs about $1700.  I love him! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Twoguysphotography.com

I'm getting two shooters, 7 hours, all digital prints and rights for just under $1500 including travel expenses. I am just in love with Ben's work, he is the greatest photographer ever.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Cathleen Warren, owner of Light Source Photography. She was running a special when I hired her. 8 hours, 2 photographers for $1400. She offered the most for the money including: CDs with full printing rights, unlimited locations for pictures, online gallery for viewing and purchase, custom tinting, and full editing.

I fell in love with her work, and she has a great personality. I have contacted her through email with a few questions, and she always gets back to me right away.

www.lightsourcephotographyonline.com
    cathleenwareen00@yahoo.com

"Till Death Do Us Part" A Halloween Themed Wedding Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked Jeff Lazewski. www.gravideedesign.com

He is very nice and professional and willing to work with us! Check him out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards