North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Rental Companies

We are trying to decide which rental company to use. What is everyone's opinions on Metro Rental and Ocean Atlantic Rentals?

Re: Rental Companies

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    They are both really good companies and most of us on the board have used either one or the other.  Haven't heard any negative reviews of either one, so you are good with whichever one you choose.  I think it would probably come down to pricing more than anything, since they are both pretty reputable.

• Options
    I used Ocean Atlantic and they were great!  I had priced Metro ( I only rented tables, chairs, tablecloths, and napkins)  and the prices were comparable so I basically went with Ocean Atlantic because my caterer had worked with them a lot and recommened them highly.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We also used Ocean Atlantic.  We had a small problem with the sound system and they promptly refunded us the ENTIRE cost, so I definitely recommend them.  We also checked prices and found them to be the same.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    We used Ocean Atlantic too and they were really good.  I would recommend them.
  • Options
    I think we are using Metro.  They came in on the cost a little lower for us. They are dropping off the rental chairs the day before the wedding so we have extra seating for the rehearsal dinner at no extra charge :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We decided to go with Ocean Atlantic Rental.
     I called Metro Rental first. The man said to go on their website and create a wish list and then they would give us quotes/pricing. He did answer a few of questions but suggested doing the wish list first.
     When I called Ocean Atlantic Rental, they took the time to work with me on the phone. We went through the list of items we needed, he offered suggestions on things I was unsure about, and just basically walked me through the ordering process. Within 10 minutes of ending our phone call, I received an email with the proposal and rental contract. All the work was done! So it ended up being an easy decision to go with Ocean Atlantic.
    Both places offered 10% off if we sign a contract by Jan. 31.
    Prices were very comparable for both rental companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards