Catholic Weddings
Options

Picked out my Mass Readings!

Last night my FI and I finally picked out our readings for mass!

Our first reading will be
Like the sun rising in the Lord’s heavens, the beauty of a virtuous wife is the radiance of her home. A reading from the Book of Sirach 26:1-4, 13-16
(I picked out the genesis reading but FI liked this one. He said its beautiful and poetic. But I know secretly he's trying to remind me how I should be ;)   )

Our second reading
This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the Church. (Long Form)  A reading from the Letter of Saint Paul to the Ephesians 5:2a, 21-33
( Its about how a man should cherish his wife and how a wife should be subordinate to her husband. We both agreed that this one is most representative of how we want our marriage to be)

Our Gospel reading
A wise man built his house on rock. (Long Form) A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew 7:21, 24-29
(We both love this reading. It is exactly how all marriages and relationships should be established and is best representative again of how we want to start our marriage)

Now for the Responsorial psalm, I dont know if we pick it, or if the cantor picks it. Also, do we get to choose our own music (of course classical, nothing modern), or do they have a list of songs we can play?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 185 Tried Out for the Team image 153 Starters
image 28 Were Cut image 0 Are Benched

Re: Picked out my Mass Readings!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Our second reading is the same one- long version! However we are skipping over the part where it quotes Genesis bc we have that in our Gospel reading.
    As for music- that's what I'm working on now. If you ask your music director at church he should be able to give you a list but I think you can pick most anything that isn't modern.
    In our little book we got to pick the paslm- they had four different options but I think you also might be able to write your own
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We are going to meet with our priest may 7th so he will probably be able to give us a heads up on what our choices are. I am having a super hard time picking my  ceremony songs though for the actual mass. I LOVE on eagles wings and a you are mine but I cant make up my mind. I have favorites from elementary school that I will probably go with. Have you picked those Blondbelle?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 185 Tried Out for the Team image 153 Starters
    image 28 Were Cut image 0 Are Benched
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just getting on to tell you I think I might have lied! I think you can help write the "Lord Hear our Prayer" things but not the paslm... though gracious I am so confused I'm not sure which is which anymore!
     I love "On Eagle's Wings" but FI's mom is a Cantor and told me that's actually a funeral song so I don't think we are going to use it. We are going to have classical music for the Processional and Recessional but I don't know what we are going to use during the ceremony. This might give you some ideas http://www.stjoanofarcpowell.org/wedding_music/wedding_music_samples.html
    It's from the music director at my church.
    I'm a fan of "here I am Lord". If you find anything will you please post it? I can't wait to see what you pick 
    Also, Thank you for the two websites from my post earlier! I've already been on them!
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love your readings.  Not many brides choose the letter of Saint Paul to the Ephesians because of the "submit" part.  It's a widely misunderstood passage, but in its true meaning, is so beautiful.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also LOVE your readings!  We had that passage from Ephesians as well, and my Dad read it, which was so meaningful to me.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards