California-Northern
Options

SF wedding. I need help!

Im planning my wedding in SF for this July on the 27th. I feel like I have looked at everything in the city and outside and I haven't found anything that I like or that I can afford. I feel like Im having trouble wanting to throw out 20k for food and drinks etc for a bunch of people. If anyone knows of a hidden gem thats not on every website I would love to hear about it. I have become totally disengaged with wanting to plan my wedding because there is so much to do and the cost is so high. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Re: SF wedding. I need help!

• Options
    bunnyandjellybunnyandjelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my girlfriends had a small reception at Greens restaurant.  They brought in a DJ, their own wine, and the food was amazing!  The location was beautiful, especially at sunset. They said it was very affordable. I wouldn't recommend having the ceremony there.  They were married at City Hall. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedgewood Banquet is really nice. They have 15 venues located all over the bay area. They have one in SF and do a really affordable package that includes the cake, food, alcohol, centerpieces, etc. You can check them out. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

http://twinklinghearts.silkfair.com  an affordable unique way for your guests to sign-in and create an image together. hope this helps. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend had her wedding at axis cafe http://axis-cafe.com/ in Potrero hill. A really hip, modern, and overall nice venue . She herself didn't want to blow tons of money. She used a new and upcoming floral designer too that work with her budget. www.fioridesigns.com. So you might want to check out her venue and vender.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it would help with the cost, I am a very affordable MUA and hairstylist. I have yet to have any complaints. I would be the one part of your wedding you wouldn't have to worry about, I pride myself on working with the bride to achieve whatever she wants (It is your wedding after all) . Also, have you considered not doing the wedding in SF? I know it can get kind of pricy there. What about Sacramento? There are plenty of beautiful reasonably priced venues.
  • Options
    tiffycurlytiffycurly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thrilled to do our wedding on the Empress Yacht out of Sausalito.  Deborah the coodinator and Captain Gerry couldnt be nicer to deal with.  We have 11 months before our wedding in Sept 2012 and we have already reserved our spot and did a taste test.  75 guests for a great price!  Nowhere close to 20 thousand!  We dont have that kind of money either.   Call and get a free tour of the yacht.  Visit Empressevents.com  and see for yourself.  Good luck!

ps they set up, serve, and clean up as well as put up your decors and have two vendors (cake and flowers) that they deal with all the time, they can recommend them or you can have your own.  It is a stress free and worry free experience for us and check out Yelp.com for their raving reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards