Missouri-Kansas City

Hi all!

Hi! I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself, because I'm sure I'll be on this board often!

My name is Sarah, and I'm less than a month away from turning 25. I'm getting married to my best friend, Bryan, on June 11, 2011. We were best friends for 5 years, and then started dating almost 2 years ago now. He just proposed on Valentine's Day, but we're already big into the planning process since June weddings book fast! We have our reception venue, photographer, officiant, and DJ booked. We're having issues finding a church, but I may have just found one (keep your fingers crossed!)--we just need to go check it out.

We currently live in Lawrence, but I work downtown KC. We have three furry children (a cat and two dogs), and will hopefully be moving closer to KC this summer.

I'm excited to ahve this board to post on, especially because I think Bryan is already getting tired of me talking about the wedding so much. Men-ha!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hi all!

• Bens_AmandaBens_Amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  You are way ahead in the planning!! Good for you!  My wedding is THIS June, and I think you have more than I do! hahaha 
    So you are in Lawrence...Jayhawk fans??  We are all about KU in my home!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  You've already got quite a bit done for the wedding but that's great.  A lot stress come next year!  Smile

Maiya
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Are you getting married in Lawrence or KC?
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah,

We are also planning to get married 6/11/11 put we have not booked anything yet as the place we really likes only book a year in advance- I am a little nervous but I don't have my heart set to solid on a location or date so we can be flexible. It sounds like you have been busy. I'm excited to share ideas with you since we will be getting married about the same time- my FI is also tired of hearing about wedding stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in KC. We realized we needed to start planning early when one of the ceremony/reception sites we looked at said they were already completely booked for June 2011. I figure it'll help us have a little less stress later on. Plus since I'm working downtown KC right now, it works out great for going to see venues right after work!

We are Jayhawk fans! I'm sure that'll be incorporated into the groom's cake somehow. I know we have time to think about that, but Bryan has mentioned it already. He even tried to convince me to do crimson and blue for our wedding colors. I let him choose one of those--ha!

And it'll be great to share ideas with everyone, especially those with wedding dates around ours!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bens_AmandaBens_Amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha Sarah, Ben suggested (joking, luckily) to do Jayhawk colors too! haha  Can you imagine, using it as a theme?! 
    Where are you having the reception?  We are having our ceremony at Loose Park, and the recept at The Simpson House.
  • edited December 2011
    I am glad Bryan was okay with me saying our whole wedding wasn't going to be KU. That would have been a bit too much! I am going to try and find a KU garter set though. We can have little touches here and there. Lol.

We are having our reception at The Sawyer Room. We're trying to figure out where to have our ceremony right now. We're having issues finding a church that will allow us to have my family priest from Colorado do the service and allow photography. I think we are going to look at Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral soon.

I'm sure if Bryan and Ben had their ways, they'd love to have our weddings at Allen Fieldhouse!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh the Sawyer room is nice.  I haven't been there but the pictures look amazing!  

Way to be ahead of the game..my engagement is under 9 months but i have yet to hear i can't do it so lets hope that keeps up.

You can try the unity church on the plaza, or pilgrim chapel if it is a small wedding.  
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & congratulations!! :-)

June weddings do book quickly - yay for being ahead of the game!

Can't wait to hear more about your planning details (and Rock Chalk! ;-) ).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the congrats and the church ideas!

We ended up booking the Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral near the Sprint Center. Turns out Bryan's mom was a MOH at a wedding there, so she is super excited about that connection.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards