Illinois-Chicago

holy crap! looking for photo and video....again!

so i took everyone's REALLY GOOD advice and sought out victoria sprung and michael hendzel for our wedding photo and video.  they're AMAZING - but they're actually getting married to each other on OUR wedding day, 4.28.12!  what are the odds of that?!?

if anybody has advice for runners up with a similar style let me know, i'll be trolling the chicago photo/video threads again.  

waaaahhh!  but i do hope they have a great wedding, they seem very sweet. :)

Re: holy crap! looking for photo and video....again!

• TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh!  That is crazy...good for them though!  I'll highly reccomend my photographer, Tasha Schalk of Redwall Photography, and videographer, JJ Kim of Orange Wedding Films.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really like my photographer's style.  I haven't had any photos done with him yet, but you can check out his website if you're interested.

Stevekoophotography.com

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    thanks!  tea&co - i reached out to tasha schalk after seeing your post, i've seen her recommended in other posts also.

when i emailed her, i sent her some info about our wedding with pictures of our church - turns out she TOOK those pictures, knows our pastor really well, and our families have a lot in common!  is it a small world or what?

i love her!  so, i booked her!  THANK you for the recommendation!
  • joo6758joo6758 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Mike Burley you can visit his website at mikeburley.com - He does a lot of editorial stuff, if that's what youre looking for and good pricing! Good luck!
  • Doll3306Doll3306 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also try Not on A Saturday/Concept One Photography.  The owner of the company's name is Sal and he is amazing. He and his staff take fantastic photographs and they have a great package deal that includes all of the copyrights to any photo that they take.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_holy-crap-looking-photo-videoagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:f54d59d7-81f1-4cb8-b04a-7828decc9994Post:57589660-4c2e-4c66-a218-a361d678000d">Re: holy crap! looking for photo and video....again!</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks!  tea&co - i reached out to tasha schalk after seeing your post, i've seen her recommended in other posts also. when i emailed her, i sent her some info about our wedding with pictures of our church - turns out she TOOK those pictures, knows our pastor really well, and our families have a lot in common!  is it a small world or what? i love her!  so, i booked her!  THANK you for the recommendation!
    Posted by arrabelle[/QUOTE]

YAY!  That's such a fun coincidence.  We love, love, love Tasha and couldn't be happier with our choice, so I'm glad that you went with her.  Our engagement shoot is at the end of June; can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When we got married last year, our photographer was Heather Parker. Our photos came out awesome. She was great to work with and we still keep in touch.
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographers are Cathy and David Bock. We are actually doing our e-pics w/them next Friday!

www.cathydavidphoto.com

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    too funny!  i wanted victoria too (isn't she great?!), but i was just too late and someone else booked her first!  i've heard great things about mike hendzel too!!  saw his website - he has videos up there and he does a great job editing and overlayng the songs; i like the candid feeling of it all!  theresa scarborough's awesome too.  good luck!  :)
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The photographer we used was Heather Parker Photography. She did not offer video which was fine for us. I know some ladies prefer a package deal but we wanted top quality photography as well as top quality video, and found that to find better artists it was better to book individually.
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted about him but Matthew Khuel was our photographer.  His photos are amazing and he was incredibly professional.  I had a preview album online in a few days, all the photos online in 2 weeks, and a cd with all the photos and rights in a less than a month.

http://www.kuehlphoto.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards