Jewish Weddings

Websites for Ketubah?

Hi,

If you ordered your ketubah online, from where did you get it?  Would you recommend this place? 

Thanks!

Re: Websites for Ketubah?

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine directly from the artist, her website is www.theketubah.com .

I really like how the Ketubah looks, however I did find her to be pricey and I remember it taking longer than she originally said it would take.  This could be because I was picking it up from her at her studio directly and didn't have it shipped.  I'd probably give her a B overall.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine through www.galleryjudaica.com but our designer's website is www.1800ketubahs.com, and it looks like they are about the same price, but the designer's website has way more options. I kind of wish I would have known about it before i ordered ours.
  • LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine came from www.caspicards.com. I think she has beautiful ketubahs!!
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    www.ketubahsandmore.com. I got my Caspi ketubah there for $177 including shipping after using a 10% off discount code that they email to you upon request.  I love my ketubah!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_websites-ketubah?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:6254de1e-0c49-4cb4-acce-7b7a5fc9e008Post:9fa66d41-d67c-4c37-9fc1-de164d1afd9c">Re: Websites for Ketubah?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered mine directly from the artist, her website is <a href="http://www.theketubah.com" rel="nofollow">www.theketubah.com</a> . I really like how the Ketubah looks, however I did find her to be pricey and I remember it taking longer than she originally said it would take.  This could be because I was picking it up from her at her studio directly and didn't have it shipped.  I'd probably give her a B overall.
    Posted by Rachiemoo[/QUOTE]

We worked with her as well, all mail-order, and had an all-over great experience.  Shipped sooner than she said it would, actually.  (Maybe she's learned to pad her time estimates to avoid disappointment?)  She was a little pricier than some of the others we looked at, but art is subjective, and we liked hers best. 
  • edited December 2011

I ordered from mpartworks.com and it was great.  Very responsive to your questions (email or otherwise); revisions done quickly.  After final approval, I got my ketubah within a week.  Loved it!

• edited December 2011

My fiance also really liked MPartworks.  What text did you wind up getting?  The English text matters a lot to me, but I still want the traditional aramaic text as well.  Thanks!

• edited December 2011
    We went with Theketubah.com also. Stephanie has been awesome. She printed and shipped super fast once everything was approved by the rabbi, and we're just waiting for it to arrive Weds!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I liked Stephanie's artwork.  Unfortunately, I didn't like the English text that went with the Aramaic.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went directly to the artist, 20th Century Illuminations.  She was very easy to work with, got the ketubah to us quickly, and did a great job.

• edited December 2011
    We were in the same boat; my rabbi just wanted to make sure we used the Aramaic, but said we could have whatever English (within reason) that we wanted - and that was my main concern.  I wasn't happy with any one English text sample; however, you are allowed to combine from their existing text and not have it be considered "custom".  I can't remember which samples I used, but I used two and took out lines here and there to come up with text that I felt represented us the best. I can look it up and if you PM me, I'll let you know which two texts I incorporated.
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used JudaicConnection.com and we were very happy with them - excellent customer service and selection. We have a Michelle Rummel design, and they came out cheaper than other sites once we factored in the personalization.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Down to three choices... should decide soon!  Thanks for your help!

www.ketubahkraft.com/images/Landscape/Landscape5.jpg" alt="" />
    www.judaism.com/gif-bk/42044.gif" border="0" alt="Tree of Life 2 Ketubah" />

Bird Song Ketubah by Karla Gudeon
  • eden822eden822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we ordered ours from melissa dinwiddie through her website: www.ketubahworks.com and have been having a good experience so far
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards