May 2013 Weddings
Options

Engagement Pics Postponed

FI and I were discussing our outfits for our e-pics next weekend, and he started getting all stressed out. Because we're going for a 50s/60s Mad Men theme, he would need to wear a tailored suit and skinny tie, so we started trying out the outfits... nothing fit him. He's put on about 40 pounds since we've been dating (thankfully, I've kept mine to just 10 pounds), and he is not happy with how he looks.

I reached out to our photographer and explained the situation. While I would really love to capture the early Fall (especially at my parents' farm), it all came down to FI being comfortable with himself -- and he didn't want to look back at these pictures, which is supposed to be a happy time, and feel frustrated and remember how uncomfortable he was that day.

So, it looks like we're going to keep up with our gym efforts, and aim to shoot them in early January.

I know it makes them less e-pics and more just pictures taken together, but since we aren't using them for STDs, I'm a little less concerned. I am planning on using them for a guest book, but I'm confident that can be completed before the wedding.

(This also means I have to hide all my outfit accessories I bought without him knowing for a lot longer!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Engagement Pics Postponed

• Options
    lol. I think that's fine. He's right that you guys will want to look back on them and not be criticising the way you looked. And he should be comfortable because it will show in the pics! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They're still e-pics, even if you wait until Jan. I'm delaying mine as well for the same reason. I'm working to lose weight. I've lost 10lbs so far but I still want to lose about 30lbs more for a resonable loss by the wedding. I'm hoping that by the time we do our pics I'll lose at least 10 more. There's nothing wrong with postponing them. Good luck!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was hoping to have lost a bit by now also, but that hasn't happened...instead with stress at work i've gained a bit.  Just joined weight watchers today actually...its my first time ever paying for something like that, but trying on my own hasn't done anything!  I'm hoping to lose a few before my epics, but those will probably be in just a few weeks so i'm not too hopeful on that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_engagement-pics-postponed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:b0e5a20b-e751-4f62-b451-03767f47435bPost:f498faa5-9e71-402d-b372-c0a598bf8c8a">Re: Engagement Pics Postponed</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol. I think that's fine. He's right that you guys will want to look back on them and not be criticising the way you looked. And he should be comfortable because it will show in the pics! 
    Posted by TogetherPerfect[/QUOTE]

I agree ... I know someone who did eshoots in Jan an got married in April!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards