Outdoor Weddings

Weather in Napa CA on December 1, 2012

So December 1 is the anniversary of the day my fiance and I met and I LOVE that date so much!  We have a good budget in place and all my bridesmaids are on board.  Two months isn't very much time but I figure why not, I have time and I'm excited to do so we've decided that will be our wedding date.  I'm trying to find a future weather forecast for that day, I always remember early December here still being a little warm (60's) and beautiful during the day.  We will have heaters at our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception so no one will freeze to death and I'm working on an indoor plan b in case it rains.  I need to find a good future weather forecaster for that day and I can't find anything online.  Has anyone here had a wedding in the Napa Valley in December? How was the weather and do you have any advice?  My future in-laws keep saying a winter wedding is going to be too cold and I should wait until spring because it's sooo much prettier. But what can I say, I'm not a traditional bride I guess...I like what I like and December 1st is still technically fall. Ugh...I just want to rip my hair out...

Re: Weather in Napa CA on December 1, 2012

• i say look on farmers almanac for weather forecast it will giveyou estimate on what will happen
  • In the town of Napa, the average temperature in December is 48 degrees, while the average high is 56 degrees and the average low temperature is 38 degrees. The average rainfall for December is 3.9 inches.

Seems a little chilly for an outdoor ceremony.
  • I would ask the ladies on the local Napa board. FWIW, I was in Napa just after Christmas in 2007 and it was pretty nice during the day if the sun was out. Chilly, but not frigid. All you can really do at this point is have a solid plan B and hope for the best. There is no accurate weather forecast this far out. Even 10 day forecasts are not extremely reliable.
  • Unless you have a lot of space heats, enough so everyone is going to be feeling the heat from them I'd rethink this. 48-60 is way to cold for me, and if its windy then space heaters are useless.  Remember that most women like to wear dresses to weddings so that means cold legs!

As for your question if you go to weather.com and hit monthly on the side you can scroll to the bottom and click averages to get an good idea of temperatures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Weather in Napa CA on December 1, 2012:

Posted by TylerDots

Sorry, my crystal ball is broken.
  • I live in the bay area.  December is chilly and there is always a possibility of rain.  If you are having it outdoors, I would make sure you have a tent available.

• Also... December is still technically fall, but it can really be friggin cold in Napa around then.   December 1st will still be special to you, even if you wait until late spring to have your wedding.  Then, you will have two dates that will be special. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_weather-in-napa-ca-on-december-1-2012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:08b151d1-123c-472a-add0-707231ccdd07Post:7bb4f268-2f7d-4c0e-ab78-eac01c53165a">Weather in Napa CA on December 1, 2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]So December 1 is the anniversary of the day my fiance and I met and I LOVE that date so much!  We have a good budget in place and all my bridesmaids are on board.  Two months isn't very much time but I figure why not, I have time and I'm excited to do so we've decided that will be our wedding date.  I'm trying to find a future weather forecast for that day, I always remember early December here still being a little warm (60's) and beautiful during the day.  We will have heaters at our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception so no one will freeze to death and I'm working on an indoor plan b in case it rains.  I need to find a good future weather forecaster for that day and I can't find anything online.  Has anyone here had a wedding in the Napa Valley in December? How was the weather and do you have any advice?  My future in-laws keep saying a winter wedding is going to be too cold and I should wait until spring because it's sooo much prettier. But what can I say, I'm not a traditional bride I guess...I like what I like and December 1st is still technically fall. Ugh...I just want to rip my hair out...
    Posted by TylerDots[/QUOTE]

I am already pulling my hair out over whether or not I can have a November outdoor wedding in Napa/Sonoma ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards