African American Weddings

Pay for EX-BM Dress?

I'll keep this short, I know I've bored some of you enough!

Shortly after purchasing her dress and due to unfortunate circumstances one of my BMs and I are no longer friends. FI called her bf yesterday to check if he was still participating, of course he declined, it would be weird. Like 2 minutes later I started receiving hurtful messages from ex-BM demanding that either I or someone else in the wedding party buy her dress cuz Davids wont take it back. Everyone has their dress already and I'm SO over my budget I couldn't buy it until probably next Christmas even if I wanted to. What would you do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pay for EX-BM Dress?

• MissusD1116MissusD1116 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    For one, she needs to bring it down because she is on 100 right now. Second, if I remember the circumstances correctly, you fired her right? If so, and you wanna get her out of you hair, you can let her know you will pay for it in due time. If she backed out? "Hell to the NAW @!*#%, I ain't buying your dress!" I'm sorry, but she took me there just then...LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • What the hell!!!! Sorry she has to eat the cost life happens! Tell her to try to sell it online or eBay. Donate it to cinderellas closet and take it off on her taxes.
  • You guys arent friends anymore. You dont owe her anyway. Chuck the dueces at her.
  • In Response to Re:Pay for EXBM Dress?:[QUOTE]For one, she needs to bring it down because she is on 100 right now. Second, if I remember the circumstances correctly, you fired her right? If so, and you wanna get her out of you hair, you can let her know you will pay for it in due time. If she backed out? "Hell to the NAW !, I ain't buying your dress!"

I'm sorry, but she took me there just then...LOL! Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]

Cthu...rotf...im this all the way..head rolling..tongue popping...in my Tamar Braxton voice !!! Lol
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_pay-for-ex-bm-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:55cc63f5-7d0b-42d6-be7d-42a1ec73a2c2Post:bd540807-cbc0-4fdd-b191-7e87774b7e58">Re: Pay for EX-BM Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>For one, she needs to bring it down because she is on 100 right now. </strong>/QUOTE]

<div>True Dat!</div>
    imageAnniversary
  • Nerp tell her eBay is your friend
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies are the best reality check EVER. Now I can be free my mind of this situation, never to look back.
    Thank you all Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I remember what happened between you and your BM. You ended the friendship so I think it is only right for you to give her the money for her dress than you try to sell it. Its not as if she dropped out of the wedding.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_pay-for-ex-bm-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:55cc63f5-7d0b-42d6-be7d-42a1ec73a2c2Post:ee74f89d-8f94-48cf-8e42-ebd9d5d38d4d">Re:Pay for EX-BM Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember what happened between you and your BM. <strong>You ended the friendship so I think it is only right for you to give her the money for her dress than you try to sell it. Its not as if she dropped out of the wedding.</strong>
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this. I dont think she should have demanded the money from you but I do think you should buy it back </div>
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards