Oregon

Oregon Coast Catering

Hello ladies!
My fi and I had originally planned a DW wedding, but my mother wouldn't be able to make it.   So we have decided to have our wedding in Manzanita on the OR coast.  We are wanting to rent a house to use for guests as well as the reception.  I am need of a local catering company who will do a taco bar, for inexpensive.  Please don't judge my taco bar!!  We had a DW planned for MX, so I am going to give it as much of that inspiration as I can. 
I have found a few places in Portland, but the charge for them to go to the coast is ridiculous. 

If any of you ladies have some recommendation I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: Oregon Coast Catering

• edited December 2011
    No recommendations for a caterer... but we had a taco bar, too.  It pretty much rocked :)
  • edited December 2011
    Mayfly, did you have a cater?  Or did you do it yourself?
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at a McMenamin's property, so we used their in-house catering.
  • lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl I work with had a taco bar and actually at the coast as well.  She gave me her wedding planning book so I just flipped through to look for her caterer, but I guess they did it themselves.  Also, I don't know if you're set on Manzanita, but she got married at the Thousand Trails camp ground in Pacific City.  They have a lodge room that is actually really pretty that they only paid $200 for!  Of course that was in January, so I don't know if it was a time-of-year rate or what.  But anyway, sorry that I DON'T have a reco.  Good luck!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Lindseroo!  I have toyed with the idea of doing it ourselves, but I think I would get too stressed out and not focus on the fun good stuff!!  We chose manzanita because our families will be able to use the house we rent as a rental for a week long family vaca, we also have friends with a few properties out there so that will help take care of lodging for a good portion of our guests :)
    Mayfly, I didn't know Mcmens does taco bars, that is awesome!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We also had a pizza buffet ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I found one in Portland that was willing to come to the coast.  It was about $17 a person for fajitas.  Tacos may be less. 

It was Kam and Kam Catering. 
  • edited December 2011
    Seasons in Cannon Beach is a local caterer/deli.  They do outside catering, and are willing to adapt menus for good prices.  They have the proper licensing, which is super important.  I'd suggest them, just north of Manzanita.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards