New Jersey
Options

Where is everyone honeymoon-ing?

We're starting to think of where we want to go for our honeymoon and don't even know where to start! Would love to hear where everyone is going/thinking of going.

Re: Where is everyone honeymoon-ing?

• Options

My FI and I are thinking of going to Italy, although since our wedding is not until 2013, we really haven't done any research on what region of Italy we want to visit.

• Options
    We would LOVE to go to Europe (France and Italy mainly) but I think we'll be pretty tapped after the wedding so we're going to Disney for 10+ days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aruba in October! We just booked a few days ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Options
    Isla Mujeres in Mexico in October!  Can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are looking into Tahiti. Hopefully island hopping to Moorea & Bora Bora..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing Maui and Kauai for 10 nights
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We wanted to go to Europe but it was just too expensive.  So we went on a Southern Carribbean cruise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jamaica in 17 days!! Whooooo
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-is-everyone-honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ad09ff2a-fa41-4a45-8d3b-a8abec7a81ffPost:32bb5f6d-575f-4846-8b9c-91d5800e9fe3">Re: Where is everyone honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jamaica in 17 days!! Whooooo
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We were thinking there too... where are you staying?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to Jamica for 10 days and staying at Couples Negril in October!  I can't wait!
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • Options
    Aruba in 5 weeks :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to Secret's Wild Orchid in Montego Bay Jamaica in November. I can't wait...
  • Options
    Italy (Venice, Florence and Rome) for 2 weeks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TBD! Either Riviera Maya, St. Lucia, Barbados or Jamaica. Hopefully narrowing down some choices soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-is-everyone-honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ad09ff2a-fa41-4a45-8d3b-a8abec7a81ffPost:3e11165f-8454-4cc3-874d-e5777064656a">Re: Where is everyone honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Secret's Wild Orchid in Montego Bay Jamaica in November. I can't wait...
    Posted by FutureMrsR5711[/QUOTE]

<div>That's the resort I've been stalking!! It looks so nice!!  I think I'm only a few weeks after you but still can't wait to hear your reviews!!  My FI still hasn't committed 100% to going there but I am really trying :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    Barbados here.  Tried for Anguilla twice but hurricanes prevented that.  Anyone honeymooning in the fall and wanting to visit the Caribbean - Aruba & Barbados are far enough out of the belt that they don't tend to get hurricanes.  And, take the insurance!  :-)
  • Options
    Oahu, Maui, and Kauai  - for 2 weeks

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Maui and Kauai 5 days each. We're staying at the hyatt on each island
  • Options
    We didn't go to far & went to Cape Cod. It was really relaxing and since it was pre-tourist season, everything was half price. 
  • Options
    We haven't made a decision yet. We've been looking all over the map- we don't travel often so anywhere would be a pleasure.

Based on our budget though, I think we decided to stay stateside.

The latest option is drive to Lake George- tent camp a few nights- drive to Niagara on the CA side and stay for about a week,.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Moorea and Bora Bora!

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-is-everyone-honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ad09ff2a-fa41-4a45-8d3b-a8abec7a81ffPost:9e15b77f-de33-4e9f-b7d5-c8d2bf567b01">Re: Where is everyone honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't made a decision yet. We've been looking all over the map- we don't travel often so anywhere would be a pleasure. Based on our budget though, I think we decided to stay stateside. The latest option is drive to Lake George- tent camp a few nights- drive to Niagara on the CA side and stay for about a week,.
    Posted by blueikaos[/QUOTE]

We went to Lake George and really enjoyed it. We took a side trip to Lake Placid (an hour away from LG) which was also fun.

Here's where we stayed (the Adirondack Suite, which was almost like a little private cabin): <a href="http://www.boathousebb.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.boathousebb.com/</a>
  • Options
    Kauai, Oahu, & Maui - 14 nights

We leave in 25 days!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a 5 1/2 week cross country road trip from NJ to Seattle (stopping in CHicago, Minneapolis, Badlands, Grand Tetons, etc) down the CA coast, to Phoenix, Colorado, then back to NJ.. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In less than 2 weeks... we are going to Vegas for 2 nts then Fiji for 8 nts (2 different places in Fiji).  I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    We're planning to take a real honeymoon next summer and tour Europe.  In the meantime, we booked a stay at a B&B in Wilmington, NC for right after the wedding.  (15 days holy crap!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-is-everyone-honeymoon-ing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ad09ff2a-fa41-4a45-8d3b-a8abec7a81ffPost:12c255d8-b01a-4ab9-8d9c-406defe62714">Re: Where is everyone honeymoon-ing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]a 5 1/2 week cross country road trip from NJ to Seattle (stopping in CHicago, Minneapolis, Badlands, Grand Tetons, etc) down the CA coast, to Phoenix, Colorado, then back to NJ.. :)
    Posted by april79lynn[/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to do this!!! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Bora Bora & Tahiti  :)
  • Options
    Even though we have til 2013, I've got the whole thing planned in my head. Valentin Imperial Maya in Mexico! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    We went to Australia and Fiji and had an amazing time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards