Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

what to wear under a one shoulder bridesmaid dress

Hi,

I am a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding. We are wearing the After Six dress #6637 in charcoal gray. It is a one shoulder style of dress and I can't find anything suitable to wear underneath. Although I am small chested I do require something to provide some lift. I have tried a convertible slip but the top part makes a straight line across the chest. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: what to wear under a one shoulder bridesmaid dress

• Options
    Can you get cups sewn in to the dress? I had them sewn in to my wedding gown and a strapless BM dress I had to wear. A seamstress can do it.

Otherwise, what about a strapless bra?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried a strapless and convertible bra and slip - the problem with these is that they make this straight line across the top of my chest. which looks odd because it is a one shoulder style the top of the dress angles somewhat. Maybe it is because the dress is also somewhat thin so all folds show through.
  • Options
    In the past when my boobs were smaller, I would get strapless bras smaller than I actually needed (depending on the fabric of the bra) because the line would be less severe if it were my own boobs being pushed up rather than space for the fabric of the dress to slip into the bra. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards