Wedding Party

Mother of Flower Girl drama

2»

Re: Mother of Flower Girl drama

• Dear OP, consignment and "used" are great. They mean "recycled." Recycled is not only less expensive, it is also "earth-friendly." This is particularly wonderful when we are talking about what are usually one-time use items that end up in a landfill. Perhaps that will make you feel better about your flower-girl's mom. If not, get over yourself.
  • I wish I could just attack people on the internet all day and troll around. Must be a nice life. Do you feel better now that you've harassed me? Excellent. You don't know me or my life. I just asked for simple advice, not to be called names. Thanks, though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_mother-of-flower-girl-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ccd0267-0add-445f-b611-d46a60c25916Post:30ab66d0-c276-4505-99b1-791eef556712">Re: Mother of Flower Girl drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could just attack people on the internet all day and troll around. Must be a nice life. Do you feel better now that you've harassed me? Excellent. You don't know me or my life. I just asked for simple advice, not to be called names. Thanks, though.
    Posted by Cole&Kailee[/QUOTE]

We only know what you write. If there's more to a story, then tell us.

I find it very hypocritical that you are getting on OUR case about judging you without knowing you, yet aren't you doing the exact same thing by judging how your friend spends her money and ASSUMING you know her financial situation based on what her house looks like?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_mother-of-flower-girl-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ccd0267-0add-445f-b611-d46a60c25916Post:30ab66d0-c276-4505-99b1-791eef556712">Re: Mother of Flower Girl drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could just attack people on the internet all day and troll around. Must be a nice life. Do you feel better now that you've harassed me? Excellent. You don't know me or my life. I just asked for simple advice, not to be called names. Thanks, though.

A one-trick pony!

Do you feel better now that you've spent the day trash-talking your FGs' mother on the internet?  Must be a nice life!
  • I am sorry, but if YOU are saving and cutting corners to pay for your OWN wedding, why on earth is it so hard to believe that someone else would try to "cut corners" or save money on their tiny child's (irrationally expensive) dress for YOUR wedding? Those girls will wear that dress once, as I mentioned above, and then she have to stick it on Ebay, and sell it for 20% of what she paid for it.

Does that make ANY sense to you whatsoever?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_mother-of-flower-girl-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ccd0267-0add-445f-b611-d46a60c25916Post:30ab66d0-c276-4505-99b1-791eef556712">Re: Mother of Flower Girl drama</a>:

Ummmm...what??  No one harassed you.  YOU came here and asked for our advice and we gave it to you.  Just b/c it wasn't what you wanted to hear, doesn't mean that we are harassing you.

I still stand by my post thought.  Every.single.word.of.it.  (and this post of yours just proves it)

[QUOTE]I wish I could just attack people on the internet all day and troll around. Must be a nice life. Do you feel better now that you've harassed me? Excellent. <strong>You don't know me </strong>or my life. I just asked for simple advice, not to be called names. Thanks, though.

<div>No, but we do know how you're portraying yourself, as a snotbag brat who thinks the world revolves around her and spends her days coming to public forums to berate strangers who don't agree with her on her entitled pontifications. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Just stop talking. </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and my flower girl dresses? $15 at TJ Maxx. I bought them myself because I felt like my flower girls parents had better things to spend their money on - like their kids well being - and I'm the one having a wedding and I should recognize these things can be expensive. </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Both of these children are hers, right? So a $20 dress means she's shelling out $40. $35 would be $70. To some people, $70 is a lot of money for kids clothes. I bought my kid a $70 designer sweater that I fell in love with. I blinked and she'd grown out of it.

That said, my BFF just got married and got her flower girl dress in May when all of the Easter dresses went on clearance. I think it was like $15 from Macy's and she just added a sash. I don't know when your wedding is, but if you can wait that long maybe that would work.
    March 2013 Siggy - Ceremony Venue Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for being the embodiment of absolutely everything that is wrong with how our culture indoctrinates brides.  It's not often that we get to see someone get it so exactly wrong.

These people are your friends.  Your family.  Your nearest and dearest.  And you're threatening to permanently damage your relationships and drive away everyone around you over a party that lasts six hours, all because you can't get it out of your head that maybe there's a way to go about it that isn't about you getting what you want and screw anyone else.

Honey, you've got a whole lot of life to live after your wedding, and you're going to need all of the people that you're antagonizing when you have actual problems, like when you lose your jobs or get into a severe car accident or go through a natural disaster.  You're creating problems where there don't need to be any, and don't be surprised to find that no one really wants to talk to you once your party is over.  Maybe then you can come back and tell us if it was worth it.

I'm glad you're getting upset over what people are telling you.  Perhaps that's a sign that you still have any shred of a conscience.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Holy cow.

Please, just let them wear whatever they want. Who cares?!  If you're stressing this much over how the flower girl dresses are going to look (and all the created drama that's coming from the dresses), then you're worrying yourself into a state of insanity for the day of your wedding.

Practice letting things go...readyyyy...now.  The flower girl dresses are not going to make or break your wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you are being a little picky. If you wanted her to wear a certain dress you should have not given her an option to look on her own and told her which dress you wanted her to wear. My FG wore a dress that she wore to her first communion. Was it the dress I would have picked out? No, but there was no reason for her mother to go buy two dresses that she would have only wore once. Sometimes you have to realize that your wedding isn't just about you. You asked this little girl to be in your wedding so you have to either deal with the dress her mother bought or buy the one YOU want her to wear.
    TTC #1 since June 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_mother-of-flower-girl-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ccd0267-0add-445f-b611-d46a60c25916Post:69fdb790-fef3-4089-9861-b926596cee19">Re: Mother of Flower Girl drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]She has the money. She is just cheap and she TOLD me she is. I just figured if you say "yes I will be in the wedding" means that you don't go behind the bride and get something used and cheap when I loved a dress from JCP for $35. I would pay for it but I don't have the finaces either. I guess I don't care that it's used, but ask me if it's ok rather then just buying it. I don't think it's rude at all that I'd like my little flower girls to wear something I like...my entire family and his family agrees. <strong>You make a decision to be in wedding and that means making sacrifies. Weddings cost money and so do dresses.</strong> I didn't make her pay for a $120 dress, I simply requested a $35 one from JCP. That is not that much to ask.

Maybe you should take a look at what you posted here.  You said you don't have the finances to buy her a $50 dress, well as you stated, being in a wedding means making sacrifices.  Well then  find the 50 bucks and buy her the dress.  Other people do not need to make sacrifices for your wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After reading these "gems" of advice, I would never post a question on this site. Holy Cow.  The bride is always under tons of stress and when bridal party members make it more stressful its just unnecessary.  I feel bad for whoever asks any of you or your kids to be in their bridal party.
  • I wish we (society in general) would get over the tradition of dictating how your friends and family dress for your wedding.

• After reading these "gems" of advice, I would never post a question on this site. Holy Cow.  The bride is always under tons of stress and when bridal party members make it more stressful its just unnecessary.  I feel bad for whoever asks any of you or your kids to be in their bridal party.
    Being under stress is never an excuse to act like a brat.

@Nicole Ippolito

This thread is going on two years old. Pretty sure the entitled bridezilla that posted it is long since married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards