Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

How long did it take to get your photos?

I got married June 23 and I don't have a single photo of our wedding day.  We asked our photographer when we would be getting the photos and she replied she was still editing them.  When we texted her with the ETA she did not reply.  So while we are waiting for those pictures we have asked a family member from husbands side of the family who took many photos to please e-mail us a few.  Still nothing.  I don't see what the issue is, I can put a photo on my computer, edit it and upload it within a couple minutes.

Re: How long did it take to get your photos?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_how-long-did-it-take-to-get-your-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:a6ebf3aa-8576-49d5-adaf-e5060937702aPost:6f14315b-05b6-4c0d-97e7-00af2e8438ae">How long did it take to get your photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married June 23 and I don't have a single photo of our wedding day.  We asked our photographer when we would be getting the photos and she replied she was still editing them.  When we texted her with the ETA she did not reply.  So while we are waiting for those pictures we have asked a family member from husbands side of the family who took many photos to please e-mail us a few.  Still nothing. <strong> I don't see what the issue is, I can put a photo on my computer, edit it and upload it within a couple minutes.</strong>
    Posted by Cortney1982[/QUOTE]

Photographers often do a lot more than that. Our wedding photographer took over 1000 shots. That is a LOT of editing. Plus, he had weddings every single weekend in the month we got married, so it's not just your wedding, but others they have to be working on as well.

What does your contract say? Our wedding was July 23 last year and we got our photos at the end of Aug. He was up front with us and told us it might take a month or more because they were so booked all summer long. It's only been two weeks since your wedding. I think it's perfectly normal to not have them by now.

Wait another week and if you still haven't heard anything, then maybe contact the photographer again. But make sure to not pester them everyday--it won't help them get done any quicker and I can imagine that would be annoying as a photographer who is trying their best to get things done quickly while still doing quality work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Ours took 8 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_how-long-did-it-take-to-get-your-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:a6ebf3aa-8576-49d5-adaf-e5060937702aPost:237394c4-7820-42d1-af5a-d7bed217390b">Re: How long did it take to get your photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How long did it take to get your photos? : <strong>Photographers often do a lot more than that. Our wedding photographer took over 1000 shots. That is a LOT of editing. </strong>Plus, he had weddings every single weekend in the month we got married, so it's not just your wedding, but others they have to be working on as well. What does your contract say? Our wedding was July 23 last year and we got our photos at the end of Aug. He was up front with us and told us it might take a month or more because they were so booked all summer long. It's only been two weeks since your wedding. I think <strong>it's perfectly normal to not have them by now</strong>. Wait another week and if you still haven't heard anything, then maybe contact the photographer again. But <strong>make sure to not pester them everyday--it won't help them get done any quicker and I can imagine that would be annoying as a photographer who is trying their best to get things done quickly while still doing quality work.</strong>
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]
    All the bolded.<div>
    </div><div>Check the contract and see if it says anything about when they will be done. It took our photographer at least two months to send us our edited photos. I know it was less then 3 because I had enough time to print and send out Christmas cards on time.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had a sneak peek of about 2-3 the day after the wedding. She uploaded about 200 to facebook about six weeks after, and we got the CD with all of the photos about 8 weeks after the wedding.

Most photographers give you a sneak peek at least a week after the wedding, so I think it's kind of weird that your's didn't.

• Check your contract - but it is normal.  Mine took one month.  Editing takes a LOT of work, especially when you are dealing with ~1000 photos.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I got married June 9th, and got over 3000 pictures edited and everything within two weeks from our wedding day. I honestly could not be more impressed with how quickly they had them to us, she had the sample pictures online within three days and then all the cd's copyright free quickly after. I have friends who got married last May and still have not received their pictures still.

Anniversary
  • Okay maybe I don't have to worry much...yet.  I do not believe we had a ton of photos.  We did not have any shots before the wedding and the whole thing was over in 4 hours with a small crowd of about 32.

We did request to have non edited images along with the edited photos on a cd.  So I assumed I could have the non edited images by now.
  • I'm a professional photographer. I do put up a sneak peek the next day if I can--usually 2 or 3 shots. But the rest are a while. I release everything at once, and I especially wouldn't put unedited pictures up first--you want the couple to see the beautiful shots first.

I got married June 9. I got a small set a few days after, but the contract says 6 months for the full work up.

I personally take about a month to get the CDs to brides.
  • OP, does your photographer have a blog or a facebook page? I am keeping track of my photographer progress via his facebook. For instance, he just posted yesterday some pictures from a wedding that happened in May, so I know he's not yet ready to publish my pictures from our June wedding.  We'll probably get ours in mid-August. 
  • Ou rphotographer took 8 weeks to give us our proofs.  They were not only edited, but both the edited AND unedited shots were put on CDs in both large and small file formats AND we were given all 915 pictures as hard-copy proofs, too (4x6).  Although I wanted them right away, it was more important to me to have them be fullty edited and high-quality owrk.  We were NOT disappointed.
  • Ours took about 3 weeks to post online, then we were asked to select 2 images to use for our cases, so we got our discs with all the pictures about 2 weeks after that.  Depending on the photographer, how many other weddings they have, etc, it can take a lot longer than that, but they usually all have a max time in their contract.
    Anniversary
  • Sounds like your still in the bride mode. I got married June 2, 2012 and haven't received my pictures or video. You have to realize your photographer has other weddings and/or sessions to do. Try asking for a few previews and she may be willing to send a sneak peak. That's what I did and my photographer sent me 10.

TTC #1 since June 2012
  • My wedding was the day before yours and my photographer said either sometime between this friday and next friday.
  • I am waiting patiently. Our wedding was May 25th. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also got married June 23 and we got ours 2 weeks later.  Every situation is different though.  Did they give you a timeframe?  If not, it doesn't hurt to write a polite email just "touching base."
    Anniversary TTC since December 2012
  • We had proofs within a month. 

We do not have our album yet -- we just approved the final version -- it's been 13 months.  It would likely have taken less time, but communications between the photographer and us fell apart at times.  He became very ill a few months ago, so that's been a complicating factor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards