North Carolina-Outer Banks

Wording on Invites?

Hey Ladies,
I just got my invitations and I'm about to address them but had a question-

What's the best way to address them if you are inviting one person & their guest?
For instance, I'm inviting my friend Kristin and her BF Patrick. However, I've never met Patrick, we are inviting him as her guest. So do I address it to her only on the front, then on the inside envelope write both names? That's what I was thinking...is this the correct way to do it? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by putting the wrong thing.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Wording on Invites?

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    The outside is addressed to her only.

The inside envelope should be addressed "Kristin and Guest"

This makes me think about mine....since I have pocket invitations and no inside cards, where would I put the "and guest" part?  On the mailing envelope??  Hmmmm....

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Good point, OBX. All these little details are too much! Yell
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah, I think if you know *for sure* that Kristin is inviting Patrick as her +1 you can use his name on the inner envelope instead of 'and Guest' with her only on the outer envelope, otherwise its exactly as OBX stated.  

I didn't use inner envelopes, so I just used word-of-mouth to let people know they could bring a guest and had a number attending line on the RSVP.   I've just started getting the response cards back this week, but it seems to be working out fine so far.
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_wording-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:d77421e8-c1df-4e42-a3f7-b2922cc4ceffPost:4ebdd7c3-a8f8-4175-99a1-57d08f9cf6f3">Re: Wording on Invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah, I think <strong>if you know *for sure* that Kristin is inviting Patrick as her +1 you can use his name on the inner envelope instead of 'and Guest'</strong> with her only on the outer envelope, otherwise its exactly as OBX stated.   I didn't use inner envelopes, so I just used word-of-mouth to let people know they could bring a guest and had a number attending line on the RSVP.   I've just started getting the response cards back this week, but it seems to be working out fine so far.
    Posted by wxkristin[/QUOTE]

Yes, if he is a significant other, he should be addressed by his proper name.  If it's the boyfriend of the month, then it's a guest.
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Boyfriend of the month! I love it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards