Getting in Shape
Options

staying motivated when mojo has been lost

How do you ladies deal?  I've REALLY hit a slump  :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: staying motivated when mojo has been lost

• Options
    I'm with kw - sometimes I have to let the food slump happen for a short while to get myself back on track.

At this point, I try to channel how disappointed I will be in myself if I let my mind take control of what my body needs to do.  I really just force myself through it and tell my head to 'shut it' until the 'laziness craving' goes away.  Then, the rest days are that much sweeter when they roll around.

But you really need to listen to your body.  Maybe it just really needs a break, and it's trying to tell you that fact.  My case is just a constant battle against laziness and my need to bake :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    For me, I've got to have it in me mentally to stay on track. Physically, it's just going through the motions at this point. I've fallen off the wagon twice and I need to keep reminding myself how awful I felt and how disappointed I was with myself. I also know that the better I do, the more outward confidence I have. There are some mornings where I mentally beat myself up to get out of bed and go work out, but it only takes a minute and I never regret it. The only thing I ever do regret is skipping a class.
  • Options
    Buy some new work out clothes or sneakers! That always motivates me to work out.

I agree with K, write things down! Write out your meals/food for the week and write out your planned work outs and the days/times you plan to do them. It's much easier to stick to things that way - it's all mental.

Are you in a slump because your bored with what your doing? Check out a new class at the gym you've never done before or test out a new recipe. I find I constantly have to keep things fresh to stay motivated that means clothes, work outs, food, everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with KW - it is easier to get motivated when you have a goal set.  Are there any fun 5K’s in your area coming up?  You can grab a friend and sign up and train to run.  My bridesmaid signed me up for one in September and being able to cross that finish line is my biggest motivation right now.  I am not a morning person, so I run at a time when I KNOW I’ll do it, which for me is after work.  I just tell myself it is only 30 minutes, and when that 30 minutes is over I can go home and relax!   Your wedding is the week after mine!  If I can do you, you can do it!  Just think how fabulous you’ll look in your wedding dress!
    Visit The Knot! "Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years There was only you and me We were young and wild and free Now nothin' can take you away from me"
  • Options
    I agree with maribeth, buying some new duds to work out in can motivate me to work out again ... and a new water bottle helps me drink more water.  if I'm having a food problem, sometimes I dive a little into those cravings, just to get them off my mind and then refocus.  That can be a difficult spiral to get out of sometimes though ... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with maribeth, buying some new duds to work out in can motivate me to work out again ... and a new water bottle helps me drink more water.  if I'm having a food problem, sometimes I dive a little into those cravings, just to get them off my mind and then refocus.  That can be a difficult spiral to get out of sometimes though ... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the tips/advice ladies. I am not sure why I'm in this slump, food isn't so much my battle right now as much as the need to get to the gym, pushing myself harder, and my desire to see better results. I am battling that little voice in my head that tells me I'm fat, dumb, lazy, I can't do it, etc...even though I know damn well I am none of those things and that I can accomplish what I put my mind to. Anyway, I shouldn't b!tch. I have a job even if I DO hate it, I have two beautiful healthy girls and man who loves me. I can only go up from here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I try to keep all food temptations out of my home. I also keep track of all food and drinks I have each day, cutting out all soda and pretty much sticking to just water; If I need a little "fizz" I will mix orange juice with sparkling water. My saving grace is my guy, last night I was so exhausted and just wanted to go to bed early and not work out. But he was there to push me just as i asked him to and today I stepped on the scale and saw I dropped 3lbs since last week :) THAT keeps me going. Plus, a treat to yourself once you reach certain goals is always a plus :) New shoes, a new outfit, a special date night with your significant other, etc. Just remember that you can do it and it will all pay off in the end.
  • Options
    My daughter has been struggling hard lately with eating. She's gained 20 extra lbs over the past 2 months, on top of being a bit overweight to begin with! She was just diagnosed as hypothyroid, but that can't be the whole answer. She knows she's overeating, and eating the wrong things. She even goes to the gym twice a week and has a personal trainer. We talked about it, and came up with is this: She visualizes a creature inside who demands junk food all the time; a whiny, ugly thing. The only way the creature can get the food is through the one 2--3 inch hole in her face. Her mouth. And the only way that can happen is if she puts it in there. My daughter thinks of this creature as a person who used to be really cruel to her--the mother of a guy she almost married, lol. (she was a horrible woman!!) Each time she eats good food and passes over the junk, the creature dies a little. Well, she lost 6.7 lbs the first week! It's weird, I grant you, but It puts the responsibility right on her. HER hand goes into HER mouth. It's no one else's fault if she gains weight. It really seems to be working!  
  • Options
    When I get in s slump I need a quick motivator!  Have you ever heard of seeing results in 45 minutes?  I WISH this company was around when I got married (back flub, armit flub, everwhere flub).....we offer a variety of products but out most popular product is the ultimate boday applicator which will tighten and tone in 45 minutes and continue to work over 72 hours!  This is perfect for you since you are already doing all the right things.  Here is my website: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.karajennings.myitworks.com./">www.karajennings.myitworks.com.</a> Good luck and feel free to contact me with any questions!!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_staying-motivated-when-mojo-has-been-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7de50638-d2a7-4c5d-99c0-170fe99c438ePost:8c9a5293-c4c2-4892-9bc7-0beead254daa">staying motivated when mojo has been lost</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you ladies deal?  I've REALLY hit a slump  :(
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]
    Let me help you get your sexy back...and get healthy while doing it! www.karajennings.myitworks.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards