Snarky Brides

Ready for the weekend?

2»

Re: Ready for the weekend?

• The amount of crap they need is overwhelming! I've been picking it up here and there and got a lot of stuff off of craigslist which is awesome.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My H just sent me a text that says "Baby growth goats."

Is that like new slang for some sort of street drug that I don't know?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:105deb3a-7d87-4874-b969-ab7405362536">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H just sent me a text that says "Baby growth goats." Is that like new slang for some sort of street drug that I don't know?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha. Not sure I'd try that drug.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't either. 

• Speaking of drugs, a girl from my high school died about 2 years ago this November from a heroin overdose. It pretty much shocked our town because nothing like that had ever happened.

The story never really came out but her mom just did an article for the newspaper a few Sundays ago. She's starting to talk to high schools about it. It still breaks my heart every time I think about it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh, that's terrible, Hike :(

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    It's just so weird to think about because I was really close to her older sister in high school. 

How is your job going J?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Gah, that poor family.  I hate it.

It's going well!  I'm super stressed out right now with school starting right now.  My schedule is a disaster because I have one kid that just went to residential and I have no one with daytime availability right now, so my schedule is pretty much 3-9 every day and I'm way short on hours.  But I'm getting new clients next week and the week after, so that will be good.  I still really like it :)

When did your H get home?  I bet you're pumped. 

• I'll be sure to report back on how it tastes. I just got home now.

Sounds like your H had a case of autocorrect, maybe? The other day I texted my mom "I stink today" when I meant to put "I think today" and she won't let me forget it.
  • Yeah, it was a failed voice to text, haha.  He just meant "baby goats" apparently.  He did not respond to my "jigga what?" text, and I had to wait until he got home to find out.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:5c8c47aa-d82b-49df-b562-533e956e0b5c">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gah, that poor family.  I hate it. It's going well!  I'm super stressed out right now with school starting right now.  My schedule is a disaster because I have one kid that just went to residential and I have no one with daytime availability right now, so my schedule is pretty much 3-9 every day and I'm way short on hours.  But I'm getting new clients next week and the week after, so that will be good.  I still really like it :) When did your H get home?  I bet you're pumped. 

<div>Wow, I'd hate that schedule. That was one great thing about teaching. I never had to worry about my schedule.</div><div>
    </div><div>He's been home for about a week. They got home on the 22nd. They (the navy) ended up changing the rules and we no longer get 24 hour notice when they are coming home. They were supposed to come home on the 24th so imagine my surprise when I got a phone call on the 22nd saying, "Hey I'm in the McDonalds parking lot. Come pick me up." Ha. 
    </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Back... parents called, dinner made, mail picked up, replacement Kindle arrived.  Now I have to get all my stuff back on it.
  • So you get no notice at all?  Do you get a general idea?  I mean, obviously you had an idea this time at least.  Will you in the future?  I would hate that.  Seriously, seriously hate it.  I'm glad he's home with you now though :)

• So, chocolate and vanilla combo banana pudding?

FREAKIN AWESOME.
  • I wouldn't want to be surprised either.  I'd want notice to have the house cleaned up, and myself prettied up and stuff... 
  • Glad to hear it Sesh.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:7bf891a5-6e77-46be-99c6-30a3e56c0c9c">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So you get no notice at all?  Do you get a general idea?  I mean, obviously you had an idea this time at least.  Will you in the future?  I would hate that.  Seriously, seriously hate it.  I'm glad he's home with you now though :)

<div>When he leaves he will give me a date idea but he won't know and I won't know for sure. So basically, I'll know around a date which pretty much still sucks. </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • H and I are relaxing tonight.  He got off work early, so we got the last of the wedding checks deposited.  We drove up to San Marcos to take care of some business at my school and got lunch at a local Italian place, and took home the leftovers for dinner tonight.  I miss that place :(.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards