Nebraska-Omaha

Need Small Wedding Help

This will be a 2nd wedding for both my fiancé and I, so we are going to keep it low key this time. We're not having the big wedding/reception/dance, instead we're having 30 or so guests with the wedding/small reception at the same venue. We are thinking of having an evening wedding (around 7) at Bayliss Park this June, then having the reception at Bayliss Hall. We just want to have appetizers, cake, and lemonade, tea, and coffee. We're guessing from start to finish things would be done within 3 hours. All the guests are within a 20 minute drive.

Has anyone done something like this? How would I word the invitations? If you have suggestions or ideas this would be appreciated. Also if you can give me names of good (yet cheap) caterers that go to Bayliss Hall, photographers, chair rental that set up and take down, etc this would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help....Andrea

Re: Need Small Wedding Help

• I think your best bet would be to go through Hy-Vee if you can. They are really affordable and I honestly like the food. They usually send someone out with the food to take care of it as well.

Chair rental I would say go to Gibbs in Council Bluffs. If you have someone to deliver/Set Up they are much cheaper.

Photographers depends on your budget. I have a couple of friends that do photography:
    http://mattrryanphotography.com/
    http://www.cgrecophotography.com/

• Have you considered the Dodge House in CB. The ballroom is made for up to 60 sitdown or 80 standup and they have a gorgeous deck for the ceremony and it rents really cheap ($500 and under) depending on when you have it.
  • On our invites, we had "dessert reception to follow until 4pm" Our wedding reception started at 1:30pm.

If you are having appetizers too; I would word it "Light hor dourves and dessert reception to follow" That way, no one expects to make a meal out of it and know to plan ahead and eat dinner before. 

Hope this helps! God Bless :)

-Karissa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards